1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: If you could dream up a Boston-based reality TV show, what would the plot be?

edit/delete

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: If you could dream up a Boston-based reality TV show, what would the plot be?

edit/error

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Trumpet, I know you arent happy with me now, but youre being very unfair. The problem isnt with me, it's with you. You think reality tv shows are real, but theyre not. Theyre all phony. Every one of them

You want our show to be a sweet, flattering, "accurate" representation of OBN, but who the hell is going to watch that? That isnt a sellable product. Are you kidding me? Please. Bravo/A&E/Lifetime would never buy in, and you know it

Our idea is great, but I need to package it properly and pitch it the right way to give the networks something they want. That's why it has to be tarted up a little bit. To make it appealing. You know what I'm saying?

So work with me, will you please? You wanna be the next reality superstar, dont you? You wanna make a million bucks, right? Then you need to cooperate with me right now

Is that asking too much? I dont think so

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thank you, Robin

Unfortunately that page also directed me to Hats' little poem. Ugh

I feel one of Kar's famous migraines oming on right now

I'll be okay though. Dont worry

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

I just reread it, I think it is just one of them... not the other one, the quotes confused me.

Put an ice bag on your head for that migraine.  Since I avoid processed food etc, I haven't had one in years!

I don't read the poems.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yes, seems it's just the first one who is the professional

The other one, pfffffft

Ice, huh? Okay, I will try it. Thanks, Robin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

"People of Whole Foods" ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A reality show about the culture of message boarding

Boston angle: It will be set right here at the bdc message board

The cast will be chosen from among the dim bulbs/shining stars of these forums

Each 30 minute episode will be packed with existential conflict, low comedy, and human drama

The conflict will result from the ongoing frustration felt by the entire cast toward 1) the mod staffers, who will be portrayed (accurately) as arbitrary, unresponsive, and inept...and 2) the board itself, the functionality of which is always breaking down and never being fixed

The humor will arise out of the comic interaction/infighting taking place daily between/among the ast members, who will responsible for posting their own material but who will be expected to follow a pre-written story line prepared especially for them by script writers and story editors

Human drama - Each week a different cast member will be highlighted, and viewers will be given an all access look into his personal life. Where he lives (presumably down a basement somewhere), what he does for a living (*smirk*), and his relationship with his mother will all be explored. If done well, this segment will evoke genuine pathos and make sympatheti figures out of some of the internet's biggest losers

Flashy graphics, vibrant musical score, and slick direction will tie everything together

[/QUOTE]

I have always thought this to be a great premise for a show. There are quite a few people I have bonded with over the years which started back on the old FOX25 message boards. There are a group of us that still keep in touch via Facebook,Twitter or text. Yet, only a few have met face to face. Our little group has been in touch for over 10 years now and have been though quite a bit together... births, graduations, weddings, deaths etc. I value my friendships with these people, who helped me through a very hard time when my dad was diagnosed and then passed away due to cancer. Yet, I have never met one of them in person. I compare it to having a penpal.

I have mentioned a few times over the years of having a round table type discussion and suggested it at one point to FOX25, but nothing ever came of it.

I've also thought of writing a book (comedy twist type) about the relationships developed over they years based on message board forums. There is so much great material to pick up, you have drama.... comedy.... mystery. It's a treasure trove.

There was a question posted in the Red Sox forum asking if anyone thought the paid Globe sports reporters were grabbbing material from the forum.... why not. If I were a writer what better place to go to for ideas and see what the fans are talking about.

When I do read the Confidential Chat section, it has the feel of sitting in the parlor when my aunts would be chatting. It is also like a never ending book...you look forward to each new chapter. If only the Globe realized what great material they have right in front of them.

And Robin and Ache... you two always make me LOL. Your interaction reminds me of the way Jerry and George would interact on Seinfeld. My only wish is you wouldn't delete/remove posts. I don't get to read CC or Robin/Ache as much as I would like, but when I do... it's entertaining.

It's too bad that BDC posts these questions, like the OP to this thread...then abandons them and never interacts with what they start.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"And Robin and Ache... you two always make me LOL. Your interaction reminds me of the way Jerry and George would interact on Seinfeld. My only wish is you wouldn't delete/remove posts. I don't get to read CC or Robin/Ache as much as I would like, but when I do... it's entertaining."

"It's too bad that BDC posts these questions, like the OP to this thread...then abandons them and never interacts with what they start."  [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the nice mention :)   I'm trying, not to delete that is.  It's just that sometimes I get nervous when I realize that I really don't know who I am talking to. lol

Ps: @soxchamps, I think you asked about the Lyme vaccine for dogs a while back?  If so, I have been posting information written by a homeopathic vet in Pets....eye-opening stuff.

I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but a lot of it makes sense. In my opinion. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to GoneToTheDogs39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"And Robin and Ache... you two always make me LOL. Your interaction reminds me of the way Jerry and George would interact on Seinfeld. My only wish is you wouldn't delete/remove posts. I don't get to read CC or Robin/Ache as much as I would like, but when I do... it's entertaining."

"It's too bad that BDC posts these questions, like the OP to this thread...then abandons them and never interacts with what they start."  [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the nice mention :)   I'm trying, not to delete that is.  It's just that sometimes I get nervous when I realize that I really don't know who I am talking to. lol

Ps: @soxchamps, I think you asked about the Lyme vacine for dogs a while back?  If so, I have been posting information written by a homeopathic vet in Pets....eye-opening stuff.

I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but a lot of it makes sense. In my opinion. 

[/QUOTE]

Full disclosure.... I used to use the name msobstinate, but I changed it. I only mentioned the delete thing because sometimes I don't get to check in frequently enough, then when I do ...it's gone, and I think 'what did I miss?'  LOL

Thank you for the info on Lyme disease vacine,  I am a first time dog owner so it is a new world to me. I'll have to toss some questions your way if I have any regarding Mimi Laughing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

I have always thought this to be a great premise for a show. There are quite a few people I have bonded with over the years which started back on the old FOX25 message boards. There are a group of us that still keep in touch via Facebook,Twitter or text. Yet, only a few have met face to face. Our little group has been in touch for over 10 years now and have been though quite a bit together... births, graduations, weddings, deaths etc. I value my friendships with these people, who helped me through a very hard time when my dad was diagnosed and then passed away due to cancer. Yet, I have never met one of them in person. I compare it to having a penpal.

I have mentioned a few times over the years of having a round table type discussion and suggested it at one point to FOX25, but nothing ever came of it.

I've also thought of writing a book (comedy twist type) about the relationships developed over they years based on message board forums. There is so much great material to pick up, you have drama.... comedy.... mystery. It's a treasure trove.

There was a question posted in the Red Sox forum asking if anyone thought the paid Globe sports reporters were grabbbing material from the forum.... why not. If I were a writer what better place to go to for ideas and see what the fans are talking about.

When I do read the Confidential Chat section, it has the feel of sitting in the parlor when my aunts would be chatting. It is also like a never ending book...you look forward to each new chapter. If only the Globe realized what great material they have right in front of them.

And Robin and Ache... you two always make me LOL. Your interaction reminds me of the way Jerry and George would interact on Seinfeld. My only wish is you wouldn't delete/remove posts. I don't get to read CC or Robin/Ache as much as I would like, but when I do... it's entertaining.

It's too bad that BDC posts these questions, like the OP to this thread...then abandons them and never interacts with what they start.

Glad you like the idea!

There are a lot of fun, interesting people on the board, some of whom have what it takes IMO to become legit reality tv personalities

The Patriots forum alone is loaded with genuine characters whom we could base the entire show around

I'm not as familiar with the Sox and Politics boards, but I'm sure there are a ton of nutjobs there too whom we could pick and choose from

I would like to include OBN (The CC forum) too, but trumpet is being such a hag about things (please see above). She thinks she is a producer now. Oh, Jesus...

PS Obstinate v Uncle Jack would make for a good sidebar feud:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Glad you like the idea!

There are a lot of fun, interesting people on the board, some of whom have what it takes IMO to become legit reality tv personalities

The Patriots forum alone is loaded with genuine characters whom we could base the entire show around

I'm not as familiar with the Sox and Politics boards, but I'm sure there are a ton of nutjobs there too whom we could pick and choose from

I would like to include OBN (The CC forum) too, but trumpet is being such a hag about things (please see above). She thinks she is a producer now. Oh, Jesus...

PS Obstinate v Uncle Jack would make for a good sidebar feud:)

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, you've been watching :-) Oh, wait...there was the battle on the DWTS page. Almost forgot about that.

That one has been years in the making. You should check out the Sox forum.... there are some real characters there. "Uncle Bill" gets everyone riled up.

Don't worry ....I won't try to take over the production. I just loved your idea  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thank you. I look forward to working with you on the project

You seem like someone who knows her role and isnt trying to take over and be the big boss lady ala tt trumpet

Trumpet wants to produce, direct, head write, and be the star of the show. She's very ambitious, but her vision is so puny, no one will tune in. Not even members of her own family

She thinks that because she watches a lot of tv, she knows what people will like. But she is wrong, and she needs to listen to me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"When I do read the Confidential Chat section, it has the feel of sitting in the parlor when my aunts would be chatting. It is also like a never ending book...you look forward to each new chapter. If only the Globe realized what great material they have right in front of them." [QUOTE]

Exactly.  It's like 1959 again!  Soap opera-esque.  But what astonishes me, besides the pseudo relationships that develop, is the psychopathology that sometimes occurs within interactions.  One notable example is that when an outsider to the group makes a suggestion or offers an opinion. The poster is almost always met with hostility or ignored. 

Ps: Okay, maybe psychopathology is too strong a word to describe the situation.  Maybe Ache can think of a better one, he has an amazing vocabulary :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"The star of the show though will be WinterBride-y because of messages like this":

"Last night I bought DS a pair of red sneakers. He doesnt like them though. He wants blue ones instead.

Hope everyone has a nice day" [QUOTE]

@Ache, the monosyllibic posts seem to have begun after the woodchuck fiasco a few years ago, remember?

I can't blame people for using forums as a sounding board for everyday dilemmas, if that is what they are doing.  Back in the day, you could see a psychiatrist for supportive therapy and your insurance would cover it.

"Those were the days"               

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

They practice groupthink over there, Robin

If one OBNer, for instance, has an issue with somebody, then all of OBN has an issue with that person, who is immediately labeled a troublemaker, whether that person actually makes trouble or not

It's a herd mentality thing, which may or may not be a kind of pathology. I'm not sure. But whatever it is, it's very unattractive

I blame the elders (trumpet and pingo) for allowing it to go on, but the junior members (Kar, the two Bride-y's) are just as guilty IMO for not stepping in and at least questioning that sort of behavior

Maybe they choose not to say anything out of fear that if they do speak up, they too will be labeled "troublemaker", thus putting themselves at risk of being ostracized by the group

PS I know I have said this before, but it's worth repeating: Never underestimate OBN, Robin. They are a cunning bunch. The mind games they play over there are sophisticated and vicious!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

PS I know I have said this before, but it's worth repeating: Never underestimate OBN, Robin. They are a cunning bunch. The mind games they play over there are sophisticated and vicious!

Which is exactly why I want to feature them on my new reality series. The viciousness will make for terrifically entertaining television!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Viscious??? We're just a bunch of sweet ladies, some old, some not so old.

You did give me my morning chuckle however, Ache.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache.  Remember a while back one of them kept accusing anyone that didn't agree with her as being "passive-aggressive".

LOL!   Classic projection. Dr Keith is going to have a field day with this group :)

http://keithablow.com/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Viscious??? We're just a bunch of sweet ladies, some old, some not so old.

You did give me my morning chuckle however, Ache.

trumpet:

There's a veneeer of sweetness about OBN that is undeniable. You use it all the time to fool people with (including Bostondottie and even some of your own members who are too naive to realize they are being duped)

But one doesnt have to look too far below the surface to discover what you people are really all about - spite, malice, territorialism - that sort of thing

So "vicious" is a good word to describe you IMO

I should update your acronym and make it "VOBN",  but I dont want to confuse anybody...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Ache.  Remember a while back one of them kept accusing anyone that didn't agree with her as being "passive-aggressive".

LOL!   Classic projection. Dr Keith is going to have a field day with this group :)

Yes, Robin, I remember

VOBN is very good at projecting their own faults onto others. They do it all the time and dont even realize it. Very comical actually. It is a way for them to transfer guilt or something

But imperfect people make for great tv, so I welcome all their flaws and failings

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yes, I agree, and I am ready to tell my story under the right conditions ($).

I'm serious.  Consider how boring the Kardarshians are, and yet they make megabucks by revealing their flaws.   I think we are on to a good idea...and I want YOU in charge Ache, you are the sharpest one of the bunch. 

Let me know when the first executive meeting is, I just need 48 hours notice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm again thinking you two are one and the same -

P.S.  Malice and spite don't necessarily go along with territorialism.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yes, I agree, and I am ready to tell my story under the right conditions ($).

I'm serious.  Consider how boring the Kardarshians are, and yet they make megabucks by revealing their flaws.   I think we are on to a good idea...and I want YOU in charge Ache, you are the sharpest one of the bunch. 

Let me know when the first executive meeting is, I just need 48 hours notice.

Thank you for your vote of confidence, Robin. With all the negativity emanating from VOBN lately, I was starting to doubt myself and this project

First executive meeting is scheduled for Wednesday. If you cant make it though, I will push it back to Thursday. Or Friday. Whatever is most convenient for you. You are the star

And I am really looking forward to working with you! Together we are going to show the world what quality reality tv is all about

PS tt is off her nut again, trotting out the old "Ache & Robin are the same person" insanity. Such foolishness

She'll post anything though to deflect attention away from VOBN. She knows we are onto her...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I'm again thinking you two are one and the same -

P.S.  Malice and spite don't necessarily go along with territorialism.

And I'm thinking you are off your nut -

PS Whoopie pies and watery apple crisp arent necessarily compatable either. But that never stopped you from serving them together

So what is your point?

Sections
Shortcuts