Lily's bleeped-out swearing on 'Modern Family'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

Lily's bleeped-out swearing on 'Modern Family'

Last night the ABC hit aired an episode in which Cameron and Mitchell's two-year-old tot began exploring a certain four-letter word. Critics have maintained it's inappropriate for a child to be dropping (censored, of course) f-bombs, while the show's executive producer said "We thought it was a very natural story since, as parents, we've all been through this."

What do you think? Was the episode offensive?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mastermou. Show Mastermou's posts

Re: Lily's bleeped-out swearing on 'Modern Family'

Every parent on earth who isn't raising their children in caves has faced this issue. It is natural and it is funny too. It's a word. There are far more important issues in this world and in raising children than something as silly as this to get upset about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mamasanklay. Show mamasanklay's posts

Oh pleez! It was funny.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I agree..this is something that happens to everyone who is raising a child..especially a toddler. Reminds me of one time when we were at the beach with my then 2+ year old son. There was a group that came next to us when we were getting ready to leave and a couple of them started dropping the Fbomb. We were leaving anyhow..but my son picked that moment to start mimicking him..at the top of his lungs. Once I got over being horrified..I laughed it off and explained that was not a nice word.
    There are so many more offensive things on television these days that I hardly think something that happens every day is worth being offended by. Perhaps the episode helped a young parent learn ways to deal with this potential situation..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

It was funny.....ever hear a little kid try to say "fire truck" for the first time????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Lily's bleeped-out swearing on 'Modern Family':
    [QUOTE]It was funny.....ever hear a little kid try to say "fire truck" for the first time????
    Posted by RogerTaylor[/QUOTE]
    Oh boy..that brings back memories..lol. Fire trucks were my son's favorites from 9 or 10 months one..lol