Re: Most annoying TV characters?

1. MTV Reality Series
    2. VH1 Reality Series
    3. ABC/WBZ/NBC Reality Series
    4.Geico Commercials

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from QuigLewis. Show QuigLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Most annoying TV characters?:
    [QUOTE]Not one character mentioned--not ONE--is in any way more annoying than Bob and his entire phony entourage in those ridiculous furniture commercials.  Those commercials more than anything else make me switch channels.  Also, the "gal" in the Progressive insurance commercials. 
    Posted by rosainglousta[/QUOTE]

Great points...I hate both of those ad campaigns...can't get enough of that Aflack Duck tho!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from QuigLewis. Show QuigLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most annoying TV characters? : I can live with Joe Buck. He's not the most dynamic person out there.  But who is that bonehead on ESPN they call Boomer?  Steve somebody.  What a jerk!  And that noise he makes is as annoying as he is.  I just want to tell him, "hey shutup fatman. You're doing sports and you shouldbe announcing pie eating contests."
    Posted by tj516[/QUOTE]

I thought that was Chris Hurley?  Doesn't he do NutriSystem ads...HE COULD GO ALL THE WAY!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[QUOTE]I don't mind D'Onfrio, but his character is ridiculous. I only exaggerate slightly that he'll glance at a crime scene and notice some innocuous detail that matches the royal signet of a Zimbabwan Chieftan that is only given to UN reps and hence the suspect must be one. Yeah...right.
    Posted by easydoesit2[/QUOTE]
    Best line in all of last season had to be Eric Begosian's about Jeff Goldblum's character.  Something like this:

Nichols (Goldblum): Well, he's got (some small insignificant but all important detail)

Eames to Ross: He's starting to remind me of someone

Ross (Eric Begosian): This one's taller.

How about a shout out here for Jon & Kate....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Where is my brain?

Hands down winner for a not-a-fictional-character:  Kathie Lee on the Today Show.  She's a train wreck.  How much longer are the producers going to inflict her on us.  Well, not that anyone watches this wretchedness, but still!  Poor Hoda! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonfresh. Show lemonfresh's posts

I totally agree with Ross as the much more annoying character on Friends. I loathe Ross.

As for Grey's Anatomy, I thought Meredith and Christina were more annoying. Both have gotten better lately, but Meredith's mommy issues and constant back and forth with Derek and Christina's coldness in her relationship with Burke really got on my nerves.

I totally agree with Nora Walker. I know I'm supposed to like her, but I don't!

As for Desperate Housewives, Lynette is the one who annoys me most. She's always trying to manipulate her husband and children. It just gets really old after a while. For some reason Susan doesn't bother me as much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynahFaithful. Show LynahFaithful's posts

Not a character, but Tim McCarver is the absolute worst. No one can belabor a point longer than he can. That man makes an already painful broadcast absolutely unwatchable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdav86. Show mdav86's posts

[QUOTE]Totally disagree about David Caruso. I find him mesmerizing and watch CSI Miami only for the few moments he is in the show.  I find all the characters on 30 Rock annoying (I would use a stronger word, but am restraining myself). I can't watch the show and for my life cannot figure out what those Emmys are for. The writing is simply stupid.
    Posted by tigesgirl[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding me! Caruso plays the same exact character he did in NYPD.  But I'll give you that he's a good actor, cuz his modus operandi is to portray this suave, smooth detective when in reality he's the dorkiest, homliest red-headed wimp on Earth.  If you need proof of the real Caruso, watch Officer and A Gentleman--he plays more true to his real self in that role.  Somewhere along the way he figured out he'd be out of the business if he kept up that act.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

I agree with the choice of David Caruso. He must think he is Enrique Caruso looking down on a  groupie. I change channels as fast as I can.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RightWingTruth. Show RightWingTruth's posts

The most annoying TV character...is Obama

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1990941. Show user_1990941's posts

Gotta be Terri Schuester as played by Jessalyn Gilsig on Glee. Easily the most unsympathetic character ever. Hopefully she gets hit by a school bus before season 1 is over. Awful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepchik11. Show jeepchik11's posts

What I find funny is that Fox is too lame to actually come up with new character names. I do not watch House, but it is mentioned here Omar Epps name in the show is Eric Foreman. Um, yeah, that was the same character name of Topher Grace in That 70's Show. Same network. Guess when 70's Show died, they resurrected the name for House.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeHawk. Show MikeHawk's posts

Agreed....John and Kate take the cake as most annoying of all time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImBEYONDRight. Show ImBEYONDRight's posts

Danny from CSI: New York...geeeze...your look ISN'T cool...hair looks stupid and your constant contorted face is BEYOND annyoing!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from myron1958. Show myron1958's posts

I vote for Andy Brickley and Jack Edwards who do the Bruins play by play. Or should I say talk incessently about nothing. Shut the F***k up and call the game. I tried to listen to the radio broadcast to get rid of these clowns but there is like a 2 second delay between TV and radio.
    Oh and Tony Jr. on the last season of the Sopranos. All he did was whine about losing his girlfreind. Muthaofgawd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sixoneseven. Show sixoneseven's posts

Janice from the Sopranos IS annoying, but absolutely watchable and endearing. I like characters whose personalities really are demonstrated fully on-screen and I feel Janice is very believable. THis post should have differentiated between poorly written characters/actors and roles where the character is inherently supposed to be hard to watch.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kalafish. Show kalafish's posts

The entire cast of Friends.

Betty Draper on Mad Men.  Everytime I see her I want to smoosh her face.  If I was married to Don Draper, I'd be pretty happy, regardless of his cheating!

Any character that Carrot Top has played - TV show or commercial.

Tracy Jordan on 30 Rock.  He is SO not funny.

Larry David and Michael Scott are meant to be annoying.  In fact, they are 2 of my favorite characters of all time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuey09. Show Stuey09's posts

I am not sure why???... but David Duchovny's role on X-Files. He seems creepy and it turns out he is in real life.....also Richard Lewis on Curb.....gain some weight and take some 7 hour energy....I mean come on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddoc99. Show ddoc99's posts

I CRINGE when I hear see Ryan Wolf on CSI Miami--I don't like his character OR his acting and mannerisms.--He is the most "nails on a chalkboard" person on TV.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sc02116. Show sc02116's posts

I just have to say that Tracy Jordan is hilarious! That's the only show I watch now. I agree with the people that said the most annoying were Ally McBeal, Steve Carell, and Jennifer Love Hewitt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

I agree with Ltown1, who said Ross on Friends was way more annoying than Rachael, who was somewhat annoying but totally hot, a mitigating factor to be sure.  But Ross really was a whiney twit.  Come to think of it, Schwimmer played a rotten, miserable, whiney, lowlife, twit in Band of Brothers, too.  He does whiney twit very well.

As for the Kim-Chloe debate, at least Chloe could actually get something done.  Kim was just a lesson in abject stupidity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sc02116. Show sc02116's posts

oops

That last comment was supposed to follow the comment by the person who said Tracy Jordan wasn't funny. I don't know what happened.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

[QUOTE]The most annoying TV character...is Obama
    Posted by RightWingTruth[/QUOTE]

We're not talking reality TV here.  But since you brought it up, no one, and I mean no one, was as annoying as that overreaching, stupid, fratboy you probably voted for, twice.  I used to have to change channel at the end when W showed his smirking, vacant face on the tube or I would find myself with a heavy object in my hands and my TV at risk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wantstoretire. Show wantstoretire's posts

Holy cow, it sounds like I am avoiding a lot of annoying evenings by not watching most of the shows he listed. That's a good thing.

My choices:
    Any reality show host, hostess or "contestant"
    Kramer on Seinfeld.

Thank God I love to read.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

The most annoying to me are Steve Carrol on The Office and Rosanne Barr on her namesake show. Rosanne by far annoyed me the most. Fat, ugly, whining, full of herself and not funny.

Sections
Shortcuts