Most annoying TV characters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigLeagues. Show BigLeagues's posts

Re: Most annoying TV characters?

I've only watched CSI: Miami when forced by a girlfriend, but I did watch the first two seasons of NYPD Blue and unlike Richard Belzer - who intentionally has played the same character, Detective Munch, on TEN different shows over the last 16 years - Caruso is playing the same character as he did on NYD Blue.

Sally Field is a G.I.L.F. and could never be annoying - and even if she did manage to be annoying, all I have to do is recall how she looked in Smokey and the Bandit with those denim jeans on!

Sam Waterston from Law and Order - completely agree . . . but also the old guy behind the desk . . . what was he the chief States Attorney or something?

Mischa Barton is 100% annoying all the time. Usually because when I see her she is attempting to act which she apparently can't because she's far to self aware. In the meantime, if she'd just get it over with and remove her clothes for us, then I'd have a whole new appreciation for her!

Jennifer Aniston is the girl with a hot body and nice eyes, but mostly the face of a squirrel. If she was never on TV and trying to pick up a guy out on the town, she is the girl all us men look past because all her "Friends" are hotter.

Elisha Cuthbert - Matt you are way off here dude. It's not that Elisha is annoying - far from it . . . it's that she's so damn sexy that the Producers of the show insisted on forcing Kim into the story line after the first season. 24 Jumped the Shark the season that Kim suddenly had top secret clearance and was working in CTU to be closer to her Father. I kept watching anyway because aside from the forced nature of the Kim story line . . . the show still awesome!

Calista Flockhart - I know this isn't a popular statement to make, but Calista was HOT! Her petite frame, original delivery and those puffy lips gave off this delicate but dity vibe.

Amazingly Missing from your list are (in no particular order):

Ray Romano
    Rozanne Barr
    Woody Harrelson's character on Cheers
    Kelsey Gramar - Cheers
    Kirstie Alley -Cheers
    Shelley Long - Cheers
    Danica McKellar - Winnie Cooper (she was seemingly always pouting and making the hormonal Kevin lose his mind).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TCP. Show TCP's posts

Lorelai on Gilmore Girls. She never stops talking... She talks way too fast... She constantly starts insipid arguments over nothing... She's totally self-obsessed. Her voice makes me want to stick a hot poker in my ear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aardsma2Zenga. Show Aardsma2Zenga's posts

Most annoying sportscaster??  Easily Joe Morgan and that sandman Jon somebody that does Sunday Night baseball on ESPN.  I missed Jacoby stealing home 'cause I couldn't stand to listen to them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfrommass. Show guyfrommass's posts

Hands downmost annoying

Jenna Fischer "Pam" from the office.  Second place Courtney Cox on friends

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheezwhiz. Show cheezwhiz's posts

I'm dating myself here. Fay (Furillo's ex-wife) from Hill Street Blues was THE most annoy character ever. That show had it's share of annoying characters.

Wait... everyone on Thirtysomething was annoying. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luciennepierre. Show Luciennepierre's posts

Natalie Tigger in "Monk"? It's "Misser Monk" this and "Misser Monk" that in a high pitch voice. And no backbone at all (if you watch "Monk," remember the episode where Monk got shot and was in wheelchair). She is no Sharona (sp).

Angie Lopez, in "George Lopez." A bit of overacting sometimes.

Debra Barone ("Everybody Loves Raymond") and Lois ("Malcolm In The Middle"). These two characters seem to have been created to give a bad name to strong women everywhere. Debra is always screaming, always in a bad mood, and even hits Raymond in one episode; she comes across as being a bigger pain than the mother of all mothers-in-law, Marie Barone! And Lois. . . Lois is like a Drill Sergeant in a household full of men; people are afraid of her even when she is on the phone. Great shows; great actresses. I wish the writers would acknowledge that strong women are NOT necessarily five-letter-words.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fham. Show fham's posts

Matthew, you are absolutely correct. Ally McBeal is the most annoying character I've ever watched on television. Perhaps due to the compelling storylines, I was a faithful viewer of the show, but more often than not, I ended up swearing at my TV screen and Ally due to her annoying attitude and mannerisms. At the end, she also became hideous to look at due to her obvious eating disorder.

Up and coming... Jim and Pam from The Office... particularly Jim... so full of himself but such a pathetic loser.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luciennepierre. Show Luciennepierre's posts

. . . and I forgot Fran Fine and Maxwell Sheffield ("The Nanny"). What made Fran Dresher think that her character would be funnier if she accentuates her nasal voice, beats me. And I don't recall any one more stiff than Maxwell Sheffield. I would be tempted to say it's an English thing, but Myles is also English and he wasn't that stiff. In fact Myles (or is Nyles) is one of my favorite TV characters.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from orfannkyl. Show orfannkyl's posts

That Barack Obama guy just never gets off the tube. I would think that NBC would cancel his deal after he just kills their ratings. I can't stand the way he plays the President as condescending, arrogant, and whiny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

--The entire cast of "Murphy Brown." Five people in a room, yelling at each other, isn't funny in and of itself.
    -- Everyone on "Friends." Most. Contrived. Show. Ever.
    -- Good call on Ally McBeal. I'd add Vonda Shepperd's voice (again, what's with the yelling?)
    -- Paulie Shore on MTV.
    -- Weezie Jefferson from "The Jeffersons".
    -- Mallory's boyfriend Nick from "Family Ties" drove me nuts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jackarooty. Show Jackarooty's posts

Joy Behar.  Period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from terry24. Show terry24's posts

In Response to Re: Most annoying TV characters?:
    [QUOTE]Wow...my comment is that I obviously don't watch enough TV.  I don't even know who most of the characters presented as most annoying are!  Seriously, though, the author lost me when he discussed trying to figure out Benton's personality on ER.  Why try to figure out anything?  Why not just watch and move on! Now, let's do a similar article on Most Annoying Sportscasters...Joe Buck, anyone?!
    Posted by QuigLewis[/QUOTE]

Sportscasters? Joe Buck for certain, and locally, Jack Edwards from NESN.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnarkyMark. Show SnarkyMark's posts

Pop-ups

You know what I find far more annoying than any of these characters?  Every single time I clicked "Next" to see the next one, a pop-up ad opened in a new window of my Web browser.  Give me Ally McBeal over the how long it took me to wade through this article and photos any day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonfresh. Show lemonfresh's posts

[QUOTE]Lorelai on Gilmore Girls. She never stops talking... She talks way too fast... She constantly starts insipid arguments over nothing... She's totally self-obsessed. Her voice makes me want to stick a hot poker in my ear.
    Posted by TCP[/QUOTE]

Yes, I don't know why I didn't think of it before. She has to be the most annoying character of all time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Urkel

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dvayda. Show dvayda's posts

Hands down Tony Soprano's mother!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jstarr. Show jstarr's posts

Horatio Caine is hands down the winner of most annoying. The sunglasses, the awful delivery, his fake soap-opera intense voice etc. are enough that I can't watch the show at all.

I love Jack McCoy!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmleva. Show kmleva's posts

I haven't yet read all of the input from readers, but I'm saying, "What about Urkel??!!"  The most annoying character ever . . . ever . . .  EVER!!!  I can't believe anyone would think Rachel (Jennifer Anniston's character) was more annoying the Ross!!!  That's more than a little backwards!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmleva. Show kmleva's posts

I agree with Neil Patriack Harris.  That show is so lame I can't even watch it anymore!
    [QUOTE]Those are great choices.  Add everybody but Neil Patrick Harris from How I Met Your Mother, that southern chick on CSI Miami, and Vincent Donofrio (for living).
    Posted by rufus617[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmleva. Show kmleva's posts

[QUOTE]For the shows I have watched, I would have to agree with most of your choices, though I'm pretty sure you could have made it a "top 20" list by adding the remainder of the "Brother & Sister's" cast. I believe that is the biggest collection of over-acting drama queens & kings ever to hit primetime TV. My all time least favorite character was "The Nanny" - Fran Drescher's voice was almost enough to make me commit horrible violence, fortunately I had enough self control to switch that rubbish off before the sound traveled from the TV speakers to my ears.
    Posted by shakyhills[/QUOTE]

Oh, yes -- FRAN DRESCHER!  I dislike even thinking about her or hearing her name!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

By far Jon & Kate, most of the people named here are written characters but these two are the real thing. Good god just SHUT UP!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmleva. Show kmleva's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Monica was way more annoying than Rachel.  Ross too.  The Gellar sibs annoyed the carp out of me. And I think that Heratio from CSI Miami should have been #1.  I know Ally McBeal was bad but that guy is unwatchable.
    Posted by crazyjane70[/QUOTE]

Further on Friends -- loved the show, but -- Janice, the old girlfriend!  Fran Drescher in disguise!

Also, George on Jerry Seinfeld.  I got over the character, and now he actually seems to be that character for the rest of his life!  Can't get out of his own way!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JSQRD. Show JSQRD's posts

John Stamos in anything including faux Beach Boy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmleva. Show kmleva's posts

[QUOTE]Alec Baldwin: Full of himself and comes across (to me at least) as a bit of a thug.
    Posted by cyberman12[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!  I'm way over him!  Don't even get the popularity of 30 Rock anyway. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmleva. Show kmleva's posts

[QUOTE]The entire cast of Friends. Betty Draper on Mad Men.  Everytime I see her I want to smoosh her face.  If I was married to Don Draper, I'd be pretty happy, regardless of his cheating! Any character that Carrot Top has played - TV show or commercial. Tracy Jordan on 30 Rock.  He is SO not funny. Larry David and Michael Scott are meant to be annoying.  In fact, they are 2 of my favorite characters of all time.
    Posted by kalafish[/QUOTE]

So AGREE with your dislike of Tracy.  Not funny -- not even on SNL.