Most annoying TV characters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sc02116. Show sc02116's posts

Re: Most annoying TV characters?

In Response to Re: Most annoying TV characters?:
    [QUOTE] - NCIS: DiNozzo and Abby   He is a total a-hole and she is too weird to be working on a naval base.  I know they use it for comic relief, but there is little to no comedy involved.  - Seinfeld:  Kramer.  I know he was everyone's favorite, but the writers made his eccentric early on and needed to top themselves to make him even more eccentric than the previous week.   - Friends:  Ross and Phoebe.  He was a big whiner with no personality.  See Kramer above and apply to Phoebe.  Chandler at the end when they basically removed his testicles and turned him into a wuss.
    I've never seen NCIS but, of the others,  you just picked all the best comedic actors and said they were the worst. They had the best comedic timing and great character development. I guess people's brains are just different. Who do you think is funny?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luciennepierre. Show Luciennepierre's posts

Maybe we need to be clear on the definition of “annoying characters.” If we identify an actor as annoying, then we’re saying we don’t like the actor’s performance in portraying a given character, or that we don’t like the actor’s work at all. For example that Caruso person of “NCIS” quite a few posters picked. But if we pick a character like Steve Urkel, Rachel Green, Fran Fine, etc. as annoying characters, then we’re actually paying tribute to the actors who portray them—Jaleel White, Jennifer Aniston, Fran Dresher—because they played their respective roles so well, we couldn’t tell them apart from their characters. Rachel Green is supposed to be some spoiled brat, heiress wannabe, damzell in distress, and that's exactly Jennifer Aniston's rendition of the character. 

So which is it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Globull. Show Globull's posts

Well, he's not on TV because he has, "a face made for radio" but I can't believe this newspaper writes about annoying characters when "AIPAC Jeff Jacoby" works right in their building!!  Talk about annoying...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downeastjim. Show downeastjim's posts

Handy Manny. 

Oops, you mean real life?  Um, then it would have to be Johnny "Drama" Chase (as played by Kevin Dillon) on Entourage.  But, the creators probably planned it that way.  Or, is it Dillon that is annoying? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from downeastjim. Show downeastjim's posts

Every business owner whose commercial rips-off 'the juice guys' and starts with...I'm so-and-so and I'm so-and-so, we're the (fill-in-the-blank) guys.  Yo, get an original idea, will ya?

Sally Fields is annoying at every role.  But, she has a lot of company in Brothers and Sisters because everyone is annoying,  (We watched the first few episodes.)

The judges and all contestants on Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, America's Next Model, America's next anything, any swap show...and every reality show.

Notwithstanding their good-will, Ty Pennington and his crew

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from babsred2. Show babsred2's posts

Kimberly on Melrose Place. I used to say if they didn't kill her off I was going to do it! Vincent D'Onofrio on L&O soooo annoying I cant even watch that show. I don't care for any of the CSI head characters either!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrsjohnnyburma. Show mrsjohnnyburma's posts

[QUOTE]Pete Campbell, the ass-kissing, back stabbing "wannabe creative but doesn't have the DNA" from Mad Men. I want to kick him in the nuts every time I see him in a scene!
    Posted by JKNelson[/QUOTE]

OH YES YES YES - he is such a whus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabupota. Show cabupota's posts

Without a doubt Bobby Goren (Donofrio) from L&O CI and I dont like the new DA on the original L&O either. Sara Sidle drives me nuts - I thought we were done with her! You can also add Ziva and Tony fron NCIS but I absolutely adore Abby

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImBEYONDRight. Show ImBEYONDRight's posts

Jay Mohr

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

Anne Heche's character Marin Frist in Men In Trees.  Not only her but just about everyone in that show spoke with their teeth clenched and in quick, breathy whispers. If you closed your eyes you could not tell which female role was talking.  Very annoying and thankfully axed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotislandgirl. Show hotislandgirl's posts

OMG..I hate that decitful guy on foa foa suvival series what's his name?? I hope they vote him out soon.  I understand its a game but he reminds me of back stabers a lot.  I hope Russell is better by next show.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bimmergal. Show bimmergal's posts

I don't watch much tv-no cable, but I can't stand Jerry Stiller on Seinfeld, the guy who played Red on That 70s Show, Kathy Lee and that dip who replaced her and the entire cast of America's top model. The chef from Hell and Simon on American Idol also comes to mind.
         As for the ads, remember when only good looking people were in them? Now we have all kinds of schlubs in them. I want to kill Bob and his female partner, the jerk with a dork knob from Jordan's Furniture, Bernie & Phyl et al. and all those stupid car ads and the Wal-Mart ads which ruin "Smallville" for me. Thank God tvs have mute buttons

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppreeves. Show ppreeves's posts

I want to like #4, but I COMPLETELY agree! And this arch rival of hers living across the street is on my last nerve. Now that I'm being honest... what do they even see in that ***yawn*** guy? Arg!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppreeves. Show ppreeves's posts

[QUOTE]George W Bush.  I was constantly aggrivated every time he was on TV during that 8 year drama/comedy.  So glad he and a huge percentage of his friends finally got cancelled.
    Posted by sarcasmax[/QUOTE]

George Bush made good, tough decisions. Making good decisions doesn't always mean that everyone will agree with you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pane242. Show pane242's posts

I never liked Mr Ed's smile.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

I mentioned this thread to my son who can't stand the sight of David Caruso.  He mentioned something that I don't think I have seen in any other Caruso comment, and it's one of the main reasons my kid has for hating him: Caruso is so full of himself, he - his character- is ALWAYS the last person to speak before every commercial break! I hadn't noticed that; had anyone else?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gj63. Show gj63's posts

Not so much a character but. Elizabeth Hasselbeck. Charolette - Sex and the city, and Mario Cantone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from auntdoris. Show auntdoris's posts

Anything played by Helen Hunt. She is incredibly annoying!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I can't stand Caruso either, but never noticed that!  How funny.

[QUOTE]I mentioned this thread to my son who can't stand the sight of David Caruso.  He mentioned something that I don't think I have seen in any other Caruso comment, and it's one of the main reasons my kid has for hating him: Caruso is so full of himself, he - his character- is ALWAYS the last person to speak before every commercial break! I hadn't noticed that; had anyone else?
    Posted by easydoesit2[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]I can't stand Caruso either, but never noticed that!  How funny. In Response to Re: Most annoying TV characters? :
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

Hey Heather - I sent you a message Sealed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmatusk. Show gmatusk's posts

The two lead detectives, Benson and Stabler, on L&O:SVU.  Also Michael, the boss on The Office and his chief male sidekick  -- unwatchable as far as I'm concerned.  The kid on Two-and-a-Half Men.  The Judah Friedlander character on 30 Rock, a sour and distasteful distraction within an otherwise likeable cast.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from honeymoore. Show honeymoore's posts

You people need to get a LIFE!!!! Too much stupid TV!! YUK!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamjohnnyboston. Show iamjohnnyboston's posts

Kim Bauer Kim Bauer Kim Baur - btw we are about 60 days away from the new session of 24!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ek1480. Show ek1480's posts

Take David Caruso(most disliked by felloe actors) and the blond on CSI Miami(she is such a phony) and Matt Lauer(pus*y) along with Ann Curry(biggest phony) out on a long boat ride with Rosie O'Donnell (biggest mouth)as  the anchor........see them in 75 years

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kayfbee. Show kayfbee's posts

If they annoy you, don't watch.
    Must be tough to have a job requiring you to watch programs in which some actors irritate you.
    Why do writers persists in writing "kill OFF," when "kill" means the same thing? Sort of like filmed before a LIVE audience, portions PRE-recorded (How does one recorded something before it is recorded?), revert BACK, reason WHY, answer BACK. When did Amercans forgot how to speak and write English properly?
     Horrible sportscasters? Tim McCarver -- doesn't know the game or its rules, despite having played and won't shut up; Joe Morgan -- full of himself and other stuff; John Madden -- Thank God he retired; Frank Gifford -- ditto, on retired; Chris Berman, his act gets older and older ever time he opens his mouth; Marv Albert -- Bite me; Michael Felger -- also full of himself; Cosell-voiced guy on CSNNE -- go away with that voice, at least Cosell was smart; Linda Cohn -- don't yell so much; Keith Olbermann -- brilliant mind and knowledge, but used same script nightly and changed only names and places, so thank God he's off ESPN. So many others. Every team should have a Curt Gowdy or Vin Scully.