1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: Season 14, DWTS

So glad Donald won : ) Ache, you killed it again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I played chicken with the train/Played chicken with the train train/Ah ah huh
    I played chicken with the train/Played chicken with the train train/Ah ah huh

Never heard that song before Monday night. Now I cant get it out of my head

Sing it with me, Robin! Sing it with me, amber!

Well, I guess it's unanimous: We are all happy for Donald Driver. He definitely deserved to win. He earned it

I cant believe he said in that article though that the feeling of winning the MBT was about the same as winning the Super Bowl

Really?

He cant POSSIBLY mean that! Can he, Robin? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

No, he's an idiot if he believes that. One is a stupid ball and the other is millions of dollars. And he is a bigger idiot if he thinks we believe it. Thanks Ache.. Now I have that in my head!! Lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

No!  The interviewer put him on the spot and I think he didn't want to insult Peta who was sitting right next to him.  He is one happy dude!  His wife and kids are cute too!    PS: Ache, (off topic) From now on when I'm at a loss for words on these forums and I don't want to argue with anyone I am going to direct them to this link  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU  for some nice background music!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That will go over like a lead baloon Robin, respectfully IMO.. another link will make people cry... : ) My suggestion? Take it or leave it but leave the explanation points out of your sentences. You are yelling. Like when people do all caps. Maybe you mean to yell? I don't think so or hope not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And sorry Robin. The interviewer did NOT put him on the spot. He is not a child. He meant what he said as a grown man and someone who has been in the public eye for years. Respectfully IMO of course.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://dadt.com/live/index.html Here's the clip (click on latest video on the right) where Donald makes that comment, a lighthearted fun moment... but I guess open to interpretation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In Response to Re: Season 14, DWTS:
    No, he's an idiot if he believes that. One is a stupid ball and the other is millions of dollars. And he is a bigger idiot if he thinks we believe it. Thanks Ache.. Now I have that in my head!! Lol!
    Posted by ambergirl

Seeing how you have won neither, your opinion means nothing.  Winning dwts was basically an individual accomplishment that he pretty much did on his own.  His partner is in her second season and first time out was eliminated early.

The improvement in donald was great over the season.  The training which goes into it is intense.

I take him at his word.  Having won a few dance contests in my time, I remember the excitement.  Even though the superbowl is worth more financially, the rewards were the same to donald.  Just because you don't understand it, there is no need to attack his character.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Theyre separate interviews, arent they?

In the video, he is asked which victory was sweeter, and he responded that they were "both sweet".

In the NY Post article, he was asked to compare winning the SB with winning DWTS, and he said that it's "the same"

I'm okay with either response, I guess, but the NYP one is a little problematical

If Tom Brady won the Mirror Ball Trophy, and he said that the thrill of winning it was about the same as the thrill of winning a Super Bowl, as a Patriots fan, I wouldnt be too happy with him

But anyway...

Two other things:

1) Thanks for posting the video, Robin. I enjoyed it

2) Peta Murgatroyd...OMFG

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Maybe the NY Post misquoted Donald or took what he said out of context?   Like here on the internet, if you can't see the person's facial expressions and body language, I mean maybe he was joking.  Peta really is beautiful. If Maks is dating her,  tell him he better not mess this up...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Already talked with Maks, and he told me "messing up" is not an option this time

PS As an animal lover, you must really like the name PETA, huh, Robin?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It's a nice name, different.  The Native American meaning is Golden Eagle, the Greek meaning is stone.     The first time I heard her name I thought of P.E.T.A.  but after I saw her perform it became her unique name to me with no association to the organization that does a lot to help animals and bring awareness of their plight.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache,   Greg Allman has been doing the talk shows to promote his book "My Cross to Bear"   Gayle King asked him  "What do you thing of everything Chaz (former DWTS contestant) has been through?"   He looked at the floor and said  "I don't comment on that." monotone voice, no expression.   Anyway I will be notified by the library when the book is available.    Should be interesting,  he talks about his three year marriage to Cher, fame, substance abuse, liver transpant.   http://www.amazon.com/My-Cross-Bear-Gregg-Allman/dp/0062112031/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337952661&sr=1-1   I am also waiting for Ryan O'Neal's book "Both of Us: My Life with Farrah"  I like to hear what those bad boys from the 70s have to say!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I suspect he is freaked out by her

Probably wise of him not to say anything. Dont want to alienate the members of the t ranny community. Those people buy books too:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

You don't hear much about Elijah Blue Allman even though he's in the biz.  He's Chaz's baby brother you would think they'd be close.  Maybe the book will shed some light on this.    I read that Peta is dating Damian Whitehead (former DWTS dancer)  I hope it's an old report,  I picture her with Maks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I never heard of Damien Whitehead

He must have been on the show before I started watching regularly

I only go back like 4 years or so

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In Response to Re: Season 14, DWTS:
    I never heard of Damien Whitehead He must have been on the show before I started watching regularly I only go back like 4 years or so
    Posted by AcheNot
        I meant Damian Whitewood.   (not Whitehead)
          http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/03/damian-whitewood-meet-dancing-with-the-stars-newest-pro.html    damian-whitewood-burn-the-floor-500.jpg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

He appeared on the show in the spring of 2010. I watched that season

He was paired with Pam Anderson. I remember her, but not him

Oh, well...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

DWTS Season 15

A DWTS Season 15 thread has been started in  "The Commoners"  forum,  if anyone is interested.    Season Premiere September 24.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

DWTS has officially jumped the shark with season 15. I guess they ran out of potential "contestents" . The show is as dead as this thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Season 15, DWTS

Starts tonight!!!    Season 15,  a thread has been started,   DWTS Season 15 in The Commoners forum, so join us or start a new thread here, whatever!

Sections
Shortcuts