Share your thoughts on 'The Office' season finale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

Share your thoughts on 'The Office' season finale

The season finale for "The Office" airs Thursday, May 19 on NBC and we want to hear you thoughts about the episode.  Decent guest stars?  Any surprises?  Do you miss Steve Carell? Join the conversation below.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnEboy. Show JohnEboy's posts

Re: Share your thoughts on 'The Office' season finale

I'm the FIRST post... OMG, this is such an honor.  There are so many people I want to thank.  (I didn't see the episode.  Please stop reading.)  Mr. and Mrs. Erie, my pre school teachers... Thank you for your support.  Mr. Trump, thank you for not running for president.  Guy who invented the ice cream cone... that was an AMAZING idea.  Oh, and thanks to my higher power. (Oprah)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from QIG. Show QIG's posts

I just had some gas....and boy was it expensive.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I had some hope -- spurred by a couple quality epsiodes this season -- that the writers might retreat a little from the absurdist direction in which they had been steering the show in recent seasons. Alas . . .   no such luck.

The Office was at it's best putting its mildly off-beat characters -- particularly Michael and Dwight -- in what you or I would recognize as "normal" situations and watching them create havoc from whole cloth. It has since morphed into a vehicle for contrived buffoonery and an endless parade of "romantic" escapades that have me wondering if it wants to be comedy, soap opera or straight farce.

The plethora of guest appearances in the finale seemed to signal the writing team to go as far in the wrong direction as it possibly could.

I think it might just be time to put this thing out of our misery.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Never watched it and Carell isn't funny.