Top 50 Science Fiction Shows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomeKindofWonderful. Show SomeKindofWonderful's posts

Re: Top 50 Science Fiction Shows

In Response to Top 50 Science Fiction Shows:
    [QUOTE]Very entertaining list and although I don't agree with the order, the content is pretty much on target with one GLARING exception. How could you leave off Farscape?
    Posted by UMass86[/QUOTE]

OMG, I was just about to post this...No Farscape are they kidding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icedcoffee. Show icedcoffee's posts

Stargate and Voyager are rated above Firefly?

If Buffy is on the list, why not Angel? (To me, they are both horror, not sci fi.)

Where's Farscape?

eta: Oh yeah, where is DS9--the best of Star Trek imho

eta: And Fringe????

eta again: TORCHWOOD

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Live Long and Prosper Kirk ! Your service honors us ! The X-Files was pretty good also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from melbrooksfan. Show melbrooksfan's posts

That was a waste of my time!

The Globe could had easily reduced the number to twenty-five by staying within the genre -- and omitting some SF clearly belonging to the "Bottom 50."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnFann. Show FinnFann's posts

This list should go on the Top 50 list of Worst List Ever!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Intergalactic. Show Intergalactic's posts

One of my favs from the 60s is The Invaders. Anyone else remember that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061265/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishPat1591. Show IrishPat1591's posts

so wait, firefly which lasted one season is on their, but supernatural which is in its sixth season isnt?, yea that makes a lot of sense

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ulto2001. Show ulto2001's posts

Farscape?  I could name 40 programs on this list that can't hold a candle to Farscape.

Why is Fringe not listed? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ontheblock. Show ontheblock's posts

Can you say FARSCAPE?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tiedyeguy. Show tiedyeguy's posts

Battelstar Craptactica is # 1?  Really, what drugs are you guys on, I want some. And what's with all the comedies and horror on a science fiction list. Really, my favorite Martian, Xena warrior bimbo, and Wild Wild West?

Missing from your list at any spot; Fantastic Journey and Time Tunnell.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ho5000. Show ho5000's posts

Otherworld, Misfits of Science, and Voyagers!- all short lived mid-80's shows, but more deserving than some of the poor entries on this list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skyephoto. Show skyephoto's posts

No Deep Space Nine? That's a huge omission, and should be in the top ten to e sure!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shirley Marquez. Show Shirley Marquez's posts

No Max Headroom??

Glaring omission, people.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shirley Marquez. Show Shirley Marquez's posts

@IvarBiggun: you DO realize that Cordwainer Bird is the pseudonym that Harlan Ellison insisted that they put on those Starlost shows because he was so disgusted with the results that he didn't want his own name on them?

As for missing shows, I also loved Life On Mars, both the British original and the American remake. The latter, sadly, was cancelled too early and would have been a much stronger series if it had gotten a second season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rigby. Show Rigby's posts

So here's a question.  They list B5, but the picture is definintely not from the B5 that I watched.  Where is it from?  Michael O'Hare played the commander in season 1 and Bruce Boxleinter played the captain from season 2 on...

Is this from one of the bad spinoffs?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hschulsinger. Show hschulsinger's posts

Omitting The Prisoner, somewhere in the top five — if not the number one spot — is inexcusable!  SHAME!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from inthemosh. Show inthemosh's posts

Missing a few shows, most notibly, "Farscape". Which in my opnion, would be in the top ten (along with Firefly). Also "Space: Above and Beyond", short lived but ahead of it's time. "Earth2" was also a good show.

Wait a minute, did I miss it, or is "Flash Gordon" not on this list?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trololol. Show trololol's posts

I made an account just to say this list is a complete joke for not including Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. It's my personal number 1 and it should at least be in the top 5 in any best scifi series list.
    Yet it does include a whole bunch of silly and cheap series like Xena. This is really an insult to good scifi.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4n6dude. Show 4n6dude's posts

Some really good ones were left out.

The Time Tunnel always seems to have gotten lost behind Star Trek since both series were contemporaneous.

Invasion was an awesome one season series that tells the story of an alien invasion of Florida hidden within a hurricane. I always wish more of that story had been told.

I am not sure all of the list represents sci-fi, but that's just my opinion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from swbuza. Show swbuza's posts

Honestly, not a very good list.  Farscape is missing.  Firefly should be higher.  Here's a much, much better list:

http://home.austarnet.com.au/petersykes/topscifi/lists_tv.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413076. Show user_4413076's posts

I've made account here just to type this one sentence:

WHERE THE F*%^ is FARSCAPE?

then I...
    *sigh*
    I know that lists may be personal choice, but excluding Farscape is just pure INCOPETENCE (I don't even mention shows on the list has nothing todo with scifi), especially when googling `scifi series' gives this article as the very first result. This list should land on author's personal list on imdb under title: `Shows I have heard about'

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cable2006h. Show cable2006h's posts

Shame shame Doctor Who near the bottom of this list when it consistently has great writing and great acting.  Who made this list up anyway?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPG900NY. Show SPG900NY's posts

In Response to Top 50 Science Fiction Shows:
    [QUOTE]If you have BSG as #1, than you have to have Deep Space Nine as #2, since so many of its themes, dynamics, and plot points (and WRITERS) are the same.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Pretty good list otherwise. But yes, I would have put DS9 on and potentially have left Voyager on. Don't know how that show made it so far up the list.

The other GLARING omission? Unless I missed it, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The last four or five episodes in particular had some of the best writing on television.

Space: Above and Beyond should have been somewhere near the bottom of the list, and also, a little-watched but excellent show called Invasion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Buffy, #27? Are you on crack? It's easy on the top 5...