1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CurtR. Show CurtR's posts

Re: Top TV cop and fire shows

"Law and Order" still going strong????   I'll bet that's news to Dick Wolf....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BD1958. Show BD1958's posts

"Third Watch" should definitely be on this list!  Especially on the 10-year anniversary of 9/11, this show -- which was in production at the time -- did an incredible, understated and moving job of dealing with the disaster. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazz. Show dazz's posts

"The Wire"  didn't even make the list, this thing is retahded

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MJFonline. Show MJFonline's posts

Just adding to the chorus here: #1 The Wire. #2 Homicide. Move the rest of them down a couple places.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charolastra. Show charolastra's posts

How did you leave off Third Watch?? Amazing show and only about cops and firefighters. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blwhite. Show blwhite's posts

Chips, Emergency, Rescue 911, SWAT were all good shows back when I was growning up.  How about Rookie Blue running now...that's a modern day TJHooker and much better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from corpsie. Show corpsie's posts

The Wire is in a class by itself. I don't see them teaching a class about Hill Street Blues at Harvard. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from exitseven7. Show exitseven7's posts

What about Baretta?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan313. Show susan313's posts

Homicide is a glaring omission - it should be in the top 3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huh123. Show huh123's posts

Homicide...Life on the Streets is the most realistic show...take it from me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from blwhite. Show blwhite's posts

Trauma was another short lived TV show centered around EMS.  Third Watch and Trauma were 2 good modern day Emergency / Rescue 911 versions that should still be on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nancysyd. Show nancysyd's posts

Any best cop show list that doesn't include Homicide: Life on the Street is not worth looking at.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cam23dw. Show Cam23dw's posts

It is a bit shocking that 'The Sheild" was ranked 10th. This was and is the best cop show of all time.  The way the show linked seasons (in some cases, issues in season 2 werent resolved till season 4) and character issues together was awesome.

2 of the main characters went to the grave and one to jail - never speaking of anything they did.  Too good to be 10.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendanerin. Show Brendanerin's posts

The Wire should have been number one on this list. I cant believe it didnt even make it in your top twenty.  I also agree with other postings that Homicide, Life on the Streets, should also be included.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dineensm. Show Dineensm's posts

How is "Third Watch" not on this list? It should be in the top 5 shows. I loved that show and wasn't just about Police, it was about fire too. I miss that show.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dineensm. Show Dineensm's posts

AGREED 100%

In Response to Re: Top TV cop and fire shows:
    [QUOTE]"Third Watch" should definitely be on this list!  Especially on the 10-year anniversary of 9/11, this show -- which was in production at the time -- did an incredible, understated and moving job of dealing with the disaster. 
    Posted by BD1958[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingdesign03. Show bingdesign03's posts

The Wire was not only the best cop show ever made, it can be argued (well, at that) that it's the greatest TV show ever made. I understand brain farts, but leaving out The Wire would require brain Depends.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbembel. Show kbembel's posts

In Response to Top TV cop and fire shows:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a cop or fire show that didn't make Boston.com's Top 20 Police and Fire television shows list ? Share your opinion!
    Posted by BDCEditor[/QUOTE]

Seriously, The Wire not at #2 behind HSB???, but NOT EVEN ON THE LIST?????

Even the Boston Herald would have had it in the top 5.

No accounting for taste at the Globe these days, who is doing the lists, Devra First?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesportsfan6013. Show nesportsfan6013's posts

How about Homicide Life on the Streets? Someone else mentioned Third Watch. Although I loved Magnum PI, it wasn't really a cop show. Tom Selleck as Jess Stone, great TV movies.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spiraling-out-of-The-Den. Show Spiraling-out-of-The-Den's posts

Absolutely agree that The Wire should at least be top 3 if not the best.  How about C.O.P.S. that revolutionized reality television?  And the longevity that shows has had

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnsmith11111111111111. Show johnsmith11111111111111's posts

What a joke.  I expected The Wire at #1, it wasn't there at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmpjr. Show rmpjr's posts

The Wire isn't on this list? Anywhere? Unbelievable. Great acting, crisply drawn characters, thought-provoking story lines and dialogue straight off the street don't count for much in the genre, do they?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbembel. Show kbembel's posts

In Response to Re: Top TV cop and fire shows:
    [QUOTE]The Wire was not only the best cop show ever made, it can be argued (well, at that) that it's the greatest TV show ever made. I understand brain farts, but leaving out The Wire would require brain Depends.
    Posted by bingdesign03[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!!!!

Appenantly the writers got "FBI" confused with"HBO"

"For the purposes of this countdown, we've eliminated private investigators, medical examiners, and FBI shows from this list."

IMO, due to the writing, the realism, and the character developmetn, The Wire is the best cop TV show (er, TV show) that ever aired! I expected it to be in either 1st or 2nd place next to Hill Street, which rightfully deserves the praise.  This is like a top 20 list for sci fi fims that does not include Avatar since it was in 3D....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Totally agree with "Homicide: Life on the Streets" and "Third Watch."  GLARING omissions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

"Car54 Where are You" represented some of TV's finest moments - great characters, realistic plots and superb acting. Toody and Muldoon were played by actors who were clones of Olivier.

When that show ended, I stopped watching TV.

Not.