Top TV cop and fire shows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCEditor. Show BDCEditor's posts

Top TV cop and fire shows

Do you have a cop or fire show that didn't make Boston.com's Top 20 Police and Fire television shows list? Share your opinion!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trago. Show trago's posts

Re: Top TV cop and fire shows

I am amazed that neither "The Wire" nor "Homicide: Life on the Streets" is on your list. I would put them both in the top 4 all time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Does Rockford Files count?

I know he wasn't a cop, but it was great show.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wxguy. Show wxguy's posts

I absolutely loved the "other" michael chiklis tv cop show "The Commish." I would nominate this show for the top 20 for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1849150. Show user_1849150's posts

we understand you combined law & order with law & order,svu, altho that is an insult to all members of the cast....but how could you possibly omit the best of
    this series, law & order, criminal intent? there is not a more complex character/detective, played by vincent d'onofrio on any of these shows.
    ryan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnH2005. Show JohnH2005's posts

I can't believe that Third Watch was not included in this list, especially with the way it dealt with 9/11.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from michigal. Show michigal's posts

Although Emergency was the classic, why wasn't William Shatner's Rescue 911 mentioned? Particularly since those were based on true incidents and with the original crews. As an EMS Instructor at the time, we referred to it as our "training film." :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Book em' Dano, Hawaii Five-O!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dadairt666. Show Dadairt666's posts

1. Magnum P.I.
    2. Cagney & Lacey
    3. Simon & Simon

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Gag me and lace me, are you serious!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chicagofiveo. Show chicagofiveo's posts

Where is NBC's 'Homicide' and HBO's 'The Wire'? Speaking from personal experience, they are the (2) most realistic police dramas to date with an honorable mention to Hill Street Blues and believe it or not Barney Miller. Also, Streets of San Francisco was probably the best portrayal of partners onscreen and was ahead of it's time and should have been rated a little higher in your survey. TJ Booker? Really? The posting geniuses at the Globe won't let me submit Booker with the 'H' for some reason?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chicagofiveo. Show chicagofiveo's posts

Forgot Denis Leary's 'The Job' for my money better than #2's Rescue Me. If you haven't seen it, the pilot episode portrays an all time 'classic' police interrogation. Bring back 'The Job'. Many of the same Rescue Me character actors with more laughs...very underrated!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jack-from-Roslindale. Show Jack-from-Roslindale's posts

Haven't seen "The Wire," but friends rave about it.  Meanwhile, any "best cop show" list that does not feature "Homicide..." has marginal credibility.  The Vincent D'Onofrio episode (called "Subway," as I recall) is nothing short of brilliant.  Speaking of D'Onofrio, I'd actually take "Criminal Intent" over the other two "L&O" entries.  "SVU" sorta bores me; too preachy.  I'd love it if Benson and Whatzisname got reassigned to the traffic division.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Columbo and Barney Miller should be higher.

From my childhood days, I really liked The Rookies and Starsky and Hutch. And I'd consider adding Kojak to the list along with McMillan and Wife.

To those who mentioned Rockford, Magnum, Simon and Simon -- those would be on a list of detective shots. I'd keep them seperate from cop shows. I think there's enought of both genres to have seperate lists.

For detective shows, Rockford, Magnum would be 1-2 and S&S would be top 10. Others would be Nero Wolf (the A&E version from around 2000) and Banacek at 3-4, along with, in no particular order, Mannix, Cannon, Jake and the Fatman, Hardcastle and McCormick -- the last two because I like Willam Conrad and Brian Keith -- Charlie's Angels (because I had a teen crush on Cheryl Ladd) and Spencer for Hire, which might be No. 5 on my list.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beatleguy. Show beatleguy's posts

Where's Starsky & Hutch?? They should be in for the car alone!! Also, a great one season show is Brooklyn South.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwm218. Show jwm218's posts

In Response to Re: Top TV cop and fire shows:
    [QUOTE]I am amazed that neither "The Wire" nor "Homicide: Life on the Streets" is on your list. I would put them both in the top 4 all time.
    Posted by trago[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I'm kinda shocked that The Wire didn't end up first. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from titzilla. Show titzilla's posts

No love for the wire (which should be #1) and Homicide (should be Top 5)!? This list is a freaking joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

[QUOTE]I am amazed that neither "The Wire" nor "Homicide: Life on the Streets" is on your list. I would put them both in the top 4 all time.
    Posted by trago[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I would put The Wire first and Homicide right behind it, little suprise since the same folks made both.  I know lists like these are full of holes, but to ignore these two shows, two of the best shows on television EVER, just removes any pretense of credibility from the folks who put this sham list together.  Code Red?  You have to be kidding me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

[QUOTE]The posting geniuses at the Globe won't let me submit Booker with the 'H' for some reason?
    Posted by chicagofiveo[/QUOTE]

That's rich.  You can't even put the name of the show on the list on this board because of those idiot censors.  I love it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HELMET. Show HELMET's posts

The Wire is easily #1.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rosainglousta. Show rosainglousta's posts

Does "Dexter" count--Love Dexter.... but, seriously

How about Criminal Minds?  Law and Order SVU--only--is still a favorite, too. The Sam Waterston character is too annoying (my husband strongly disagrees!)

Rescue Me definitely deserves to be at the top of the list

I know this is just American television, but the Brits have/had some great shows--Frost, Morse, Prime Suspect, and lots more

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from firedick. Show firedick's posts

THE WIRE - no credibility without it on the list

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarrySeldon. Show HarrySeldon's posts

18 Police to 2 Fire wasn't a very good representation...I would at least of expect Third Watch to be on here which was a good Fire/EMS show.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thissux. Show thissux's posts

240- Robert!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from titzilla. Show titzilla's posts

Its like they are trying to show everyone how smart they are by pulling "code red" out of thing air, but by leaving out The Wire it shows just how little they know.