1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

WBZ Talk Radio 12am-5am

Posted this on another forum and it received no attention, thought I'd give it a try here.

Since Steve LeVeille retired they've been mixing it up instead of hiring a permanent replacement.
    Dean Johnson does an excellent job.
    Bradley Jay is very entertaining and likable.
    Jordan Rich is a class act.
    Morgan White Jr is fine, if you like trivia.   Although, Morgan has been taking some time off lately, what's up with that?

Bradley Jay's my favorite. Cool

I hope they keep it this way, 5 shifts in a row on the night shift is too much of a grind for 1 person (imo).   Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: WBZ Talk Radio 12am-5am

I do think this slot is becoming more of a potluck.  It would benefit from some more regularity, IMO.  Not necessarily the same person every night, but a more regular host/night schedule.  WBZ seems to be experimenting, hunting for the right formula or person.  (And I have to admit, I wonder if they're trying to build it or kill it softly.)  Steve had built a personal following, and managed to keep the calls coming, for the most part.  I get the sense that the calls have dropped off a lot over the time since the current group took over.  Especially that last hour.  How long can WBZ tolerate that?  (They evidently were watching the numbers when they first fired Steve, but brought him back because of the campaign.) 

Morgan is my favorite.  I think he's easy to take as the first host to ease into the new week, calm like smooth whiskey or port (or choose your non-adult beverage).  He was a good fill-in for Steve, even on a moment's notice, as became more and more frequent.  I think he had an ambition about taking over after Steve.  He did hint after Steve left, when his following would ring in and say that they hoped he'd get the assignment, that they were welcome to make their feelings known to WBZ.  But when it didn't happen, his interest seemed to wane  Though I still believe he does an entertaining show.  He does have a lot of other things going, which probably ameliorates any sour grapes.  I get a kick out of the calls waning until he starts the trivia, and then they back up again.  

Now he's out of the Thursday overnight in favor of Jen Brien adding a night (I think?).  It'll be interesting to see if she gets more nights.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Jen Brien is interesting, I was surprised they gave her 3 nights in a row last week, are they trying to attract more female callers?  She does a lot of self disclosure.

I like Bradley Jay cause he's a little nuts :)

I find Dean Johnson to be the most intellectual of the bunch, and it's nice to learn something new every now and then.

Morgan White Jr is smooth and relaxing, I agree,  he's nice to the callers and tends to have some interesting guests.

Jordan Rich is cool and has jazz musicians and theatrical types on, I enjoy him on the weekends. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Jen Brien is interesting, I was surprised they gave her 3 nights in a row last week, are they trying to attract more female callers?  She does a lot of self disclosure.

I like Bradley Jay cause he's a little nuts :)

I find Dean Johnson to be the most intellectual of the bunch, and it's nice to learn something new every now and then.

Morgan White Jr is smooth and relaxing, I agree,  he's nice to the callers and tends to have some interesting guests.

Jordan Rich is cool and has jazz musicians and theatrical types on, I enjoy him on the weekends. 

Agree with your thoughts.  

I have been tempted to call the Jordan Rich show, wait until we've talked about a thing or two, and then ask if his guests pay to be on.  I'm sure that asking at the start would "drop" the call from the get-go, and even asking later probably would.  And it's probably a naive question, anyway.  I'm guessing that he has a pretty neat little enterprise going for WBZ.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't think Jordan Rich would terminate the call,  most of the guests are being interviewed by phone for 1/2 hour or so (at home in pjs)....usually they're promoting a book or cd, and welcome the opportunity to do so imo.   I don't know about the musicians though, he does have a piano player in the studio sometimes

I'll be listening for your call, however I do sleep occasionally! 

Jen was on last night, she's back again tonight.

She wants people to call in and talk about the Blizzard of 78,    Boring!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

She may be getting new material... (The impending storm.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

They've been giving her 3 shifts a week....more than any of the regular night guys!

Her pic isn't on the WBZ website yet, but then neither is Dean Johnson or Pat Desmarais.

I think Bob Lobel hosted one night  a couple of weeks ago?    Maybe it was just a fluke.

Hosts 420x316-grad-jay Bradley Jay 420x316-grad-rea1 Dan Rea 420x316-grad-rich-jordan Jordan Rich 420x316-Gradient-whitemorganMorgan White Jr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bradley Jay (jaytalkingwbz) on Twitter

WBZ tonite #wbz What Is the ultimate snowstorm food and drink combo? I'm going with chocolate ice cream and red wine.

Bradley told callers this morning that he plans on walking home from his other job tomorrow,  3 miles at 3:30a in the height of the blizzard!

I worry about him,  lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Dean Johnson has disappeared...bring back Dean Johnson!

And give Morgan and Bradley more time!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Is there another thread about this?  I thought I commented fairly recently a propos of Jen Brien taking over, but it's not here.  I know, it's me, but if there is, can someone throw me a lifeline, please?  I wanted to follow up with something about both Bradley Jay and Morgan White being back as fill-ins, but would prefer to tag it to the more recent discussion.  Thank you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

Is there another thread about this?  I thought I commented fairly recently a propos of Jen Brien taking over, but it's not here.  I know, it's me, but if there is, can someone throw me a lifeline, please?  I wanted to follow up with something about both Bradley Jay and Morgan White being back as fill-ins, but would prefer to tag it to the more recent discussion.  Thank you.

The thread is in the news forum, local thread....check out the comments at the WBZ link I provided.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

In response to Firewind's comment:

[QUOTE]

The thread is in the news forum, local thread....check out the comments at the WBZ link I provided.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you again, RockinRobin39.

To others watching this thread, if I may, the other one Robin points to in News:Local  seems to be the more active and deserving of participation at this point.  Here's to focusing boston.com participants' energy over there.  And judging from the link Robin provided, there is a tremendous amount of energy over this.