1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Like the idea of "The Sound of Music" live? Will you watch?

"The Sound of Music" was done on Broadway in 1959, turned into a movie in 1965, and now, NBC will air a live production of the timeless classic tonight at 8 p.m. With Carrie Underwood at the helm as governess Maria, and "True Blood" star Stephen Moyer as Captain Von Trapp, do you think the televised version will do the film and its live predecessors justice? Let us know if you plan to tune in, and keep track of live updates tonight in our live blog.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregPQ. Show GregPQ's posts

Re: What do you think of NBC's promised

Will there be commercials? That will ruin it for me right there. Buzzkill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chris4. Show Chris4's posts

Not impressed with Carrie Underwood.  I like her, but she can't compare to Julie Andrews.  It just doesn't see anywhere near as good.  I'm losing interest quickly.  Plus, having commercials really ruins it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lincoln678. Show lincoln678's posts

They were not trying to do the movie but rather a version of the play.  Not bad

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chris4. Show Chris4's posts

Julie Andrews was the original Maria on stage in New York.  She was also in the movie.  She is irreplaceable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnson02118. Show johnson02118's posts

Mary Martin starred in the original Broadway production, not Julie Andrews.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBrewin. Show BostonBrewin's posts

Enjoying it so far.  Everyone is great ... Carrie is a wonderful singer but just a so-so actress.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MakeLoveNotWar. Show MakeLoveNotWar's posts

No. I refuse. If the producers wanted a great performance, they should have cast Audra McDonald as Maria, not a nun. She can sing! Did you see her perform one of the songs from the movie last night at Rockerfeller Center? Incredible! She can also act - was on TV on Private Practice and won 5 Tony Awards. Carrie Underwood? Seriously? They only care about a "name" rather than an incredible performance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from getaclue44. Show getaclue44's posts

It is horrible.  The Sound of Music is my favorite movie and I was looking forward to this.  I lasted 30 minutes.  The acting is cringeworthy and they changed way too many things.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Valentino---. Show Valentino---'s posts

Humbug!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kathdunkin. Show kathdunkin's posts

Boring -- except for Audra McDonald.  And way too many commercials.  I gave up early.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifetraveller2. Show lifetraveller2's posts

I know many are comparing this version to the movie, but you have to break yourself from that view. At least TV has done something different in presenting a live version of this classic. I am actually enjoying the few rough spots - it's LIVE folks - and I think everyone is doing a great job. The vocals are wonderful and hearing these great Rogers and Hammerstein songs done for a live performance is great. No, it's not Julie Andrews - but it's not trying to be either. Just enjoy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Once again, BDC starts a new thread where there was already one started.  Rude, and it ought to be humiliating.  There is a social media term for it: "Seagull," in which a participant flies in, plops, and flies off.  Sometimes doesn't even land (no idea of what's going on).  When it's the host?  Please, BDC, at least try to pay attention, and be respectful of participants.  Sometimes you plop right on their heads.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Moreover, if it were your intent to boost a thread of comments following a BDC article/blog, instead, you have split the discussion in (more than) two.  Was this your intent? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

And if you notice, the responses in any thread started by the BostonDotCom guy are almost always from brand new accounts (Four in this thread alone. It's like they just pop up out of nowhere) or from ones with fewer than 10 posted messages. So funny

The accounts all belong to someone employed at Morrissey Boulevard, I assume

Hey, Globe: Instead of focusing attention on making up sock puppet accounts, why dont you put some effort into fixing this broken board? Wouldnt that be a more productive use of your time?