1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

Which fall shows will you watch?

Unsure of which new shows to watch this fall? Don't fret. Globe TV critic Matthew Gilbert has already done all the work for you, assigning each new show a grade. (Shows without grades were not available for preview.) Take a look at this season's debuts and let us know in the forum below which shows you're excited to watch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fooltastic. Show fooltastic's posts

Re: Which fall shows will you watch?

Sigh.  Not a lot of new stuff that holds much interest for me in this batch.  I'd like New Girl to be good, I quite like Zooey, but I'll be watching it with painful anticipation for it to disappoint me.  Otherwise.. most of the grades are about what I expected for stuff I've seen advertised.  But I'm bummed Michael brought up Eli Stone--I miss that show!  And I can't believe what garbage the networks are putting out while canceling things like Chuck after its final 13 episode run.  I can't even think what else in the list I'm likely to watch.. I might check out Terra Nova.. Eh, we'll see.  I probably have enough shows that I can afford a lame batch of new stuff I'm not interested in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jane53. Show Jane53's posts

Most of the shows I'm seeing for the fall line up look stupid. The new girl....oh please! This appears to be about as entertaining as watching grass grow. The playboy club?.......more trash tv. I wish they'd make something that rivals the old shows like the old Bob Newhart as the Dr or Mary Tyler Moore in the Newsroom. At least those were funny! It's almost as if a lot of shows have to force humor and it comes off as just that. Forced. Not very entertaining. I predict more than half will fail early on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jefferson20a. Show jefferson20a's posts

None of the above

The idea of shows organized around the networks' schedules instead of our own, seems increasingly quaint.  And it is a sure bet that all these will be rendered unwatchable by the quantity of ads. 

Of course you can spend yet more money for Tivo to allow watching on your schedule with ads zapped, but I don't get the sense that any of these shows are worth it.  I'd rather spend the money on DVD rentals or selectively buying old shows on DVD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

The Vampire Diaries
    Ringer (Buffy!)
    Once Upon a time

Game of Thrones (Dragons!)
    Mad Men
    Supernatural

God bless tivo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coopa20. Show Coopa20's posts

Cant wait to watch AMC's "The walking dead" . I also cant believe it didnt make this list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

When you watch or listen to the news, you can't easily skip over the stuff you're not interested in. Add to that the fact the video is slower than reading. News in print, including text-based Internet news is much more efficient, and it takes less time and effort to use a variety of different sources.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frodo777. Show Frodo777's posts

Playboy Club seems to be an attempt by the foundering Playboy Magazine empire to cash in on its brand and image. Pan Am is obviously set up to compete with Playboy Club or grab some of its viewers. Unforgettable seems to be doing the same thing by ripping off The Mentalist, which ripped off Psych
    I think Playboy Club and Pam Am will suffer from the "ship-in-a-bottle" episode problem that LAX and other shows like it faced. You're stuck in a static main location that has few applications. How many plots can you generate from the thin premise before it goes dry?

Man Up, Last Man Standing,
    and How to Be a Gentleman are a reverse of the metrosexual bromance comedies like FOX's Stoplights. Allen Gregory seems to be more like Mike Judge's The Goode Family, except it is a straw-man parody that covers intellectual elitism rather than left-wing culture.

Grimm and Once Upon A Time seem to cover a perceived "fairytale gap" in the fall schedule: the only reason it's getting made is because the competition is doing one.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frodo777. Show Frodo777's posts

In Response to Re: Which fall shows will you watch?:
    [QUOTE]Cant wait to watch AMC's "The walking dead" . I also cant believe it didnt make this list.
    Posted by Coopa20[/QUOTE]

This lists new shows for the fall, not renewed shows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PlymouthRocks1. Show PlymouthRocks1's posts

Once Upon a Time

Other than The Boston Globe... (but you were critical of "Lost" at times too, no, so I'm going to tune you out)... The reviews of "once upon a time" in a lot of other places online say it's the freshest and most interesting show of the fall, so I'm going to stay optimistic there... It's definitely the most abmitious fall (other than Terra Nova perhaps, the Dystopian Jurassic Park?)...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gxs. Show gxs's posts

Very much pleased by declining to grade shows without previews.

This is a big help compared with relying on network promotional hype. I will probably watch only one or two regularly.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMM55. Show CMM55's posts

DEXTER, DEXTER AND DEXTER

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

...pan am was good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

"Parenthood"   excellent show,  superb acting, storylines and cast.  Channel 7 Tuesday 10pm or watch it online.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Figment. Show Figment's posts

The Middle and Suburgatory.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts