1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgray. Show jjgray's posts

Re: Which TV shows stood out in 2010?

Top TV shows

1. Doc Martin (PBS)
           2. The Good Wife
           3. Mad Men

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sosler. Show sosler's posts

Top Gear (British version).  Find edited versions on BBC America, or full episodes on iTunes or YouTube.  In my opinion, the most entertaining show ever produced.  Crossing the English Channel in a pickup w/ an outboard strapped to it, racing a dogsled against a pickup from Resolute, Canada across the frozen Arctic Ocean to the North Pole, being attacked by Alambamians, building and launching a homemade space shuttle, races across the Amazon and the spine of Africa in second-hand vehicles, building handmade limos and hybrids, hooning about in every supercar ever made, racing the Bugatti Veyron against a the Eurofighter.  Plus incomparable production values and perfect chemistry between the three hosts - Jezza, The Hamster, and Captain Slow.  It's a shame the show isn't better known here in America.

350 million worldwide viewers can't all be wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kodimo. Show kodimo's posts

30 Rock continues to bring more laughs in the first 5 minutes than other shows in their entirety. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adelie. Show adelie's posts

In Response to Which TV shows stood out in 2010?:
    [QUOTE]Globe television critic Matthew Gilbert counts down the best in TV for 2010. See what made his list and share your thoughts on the year in TV below.
    Posted by BDCAEStaff[/QUOTE]

Really, Dexter not in the top 10 or even your honorable mention!?  The storyline and relationship between Dexter and Lumin were top notch.  I was shocked at how good Julia Stiles was able to play her.  I know you mentioned once before that Dexter started to drag for you, but it's far superior in just about every aspect to basically all the ones on your list (except Boardwalk Empire which was incredible and Breaking Bad which I missed this season of...also I didn't see Luther so I can't comment on that one...although I'd like to now after reading your summary of it!).  I enjoyed Justified for a while but that just didn't have the depth to keep me interested (even with Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins who I think are great), Friday Night Lights is soooo overated and not very enthralling, and Treme was just too slow to keep me caring (even though it did have some solid performances).  I know it's all opinion but I was just shocked to see such a great show like Dexter not on a top 10 list at all. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adelie. Show adelie's posts

In Response to Re: Which TV shows stood out in 2010?:
    [QUOTE]Hi Matt: I have never seen you mention the SyFy series Caprica.  It is a really outstanding show.  Have you not seen it or do you disagree?
    Posted by sotiredofit[/QUOTE]

Good call on Caprica, that was indeed a great show that ended waaaay too soon.  While not as good as BSG, it still delivered a solid storyline and had some very good characters.  It will definitely be missed by me!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adelie. Show adelie's posts

[QUOTE]I loved all the AMC shows -- Breaking Bad , Mad Men , The Walking Dead , and now-canceled Rubicon . AMC programming has been must-watch TV for me all year. I still love HBO's True Blood , but I wasn't particularly fond of the third season.  The decidedly dark-sided portrayal of all the major characters made it difficult to continue to like anyone in the series. I did, however, love Denis O'Hare as Russell Edgington, the power-mad Vampire King of Mississippi. His scenes alone made the season worth watching. I've really enjoyed Comedy Central's The Benson Interruption . I was prepared for an onslaught of stupid stoner jokes from comedian Doug Benson and friends, but have been pleasantly surprised by the hilarious, unscripted comic moments elicited from the show's premise. The Episode 3 set by Paul Scheer (from FX's The League ) was a series highlight.
    Posted by brokenbil[/QUOTE]

Wow, somehow I forgot about The Walking Dead and Rubicon when I responded earlier.  Both were absolutely in my top 5 along with Dexter, Caprica, and Boardwalk Empire.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brokenbil. Show brokenbil's posts

[QUOTE]Party Down on Starz. This is the most underrated show of the year and it's not coming back next year.
    Posted by rightwingwacko[/QUOTE]

Yes, I also loved Party Down. It's a big bummer that there won't be a third season.