1. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

Re: You too can be famous on T.V., just be a wingnut.

In Response to You too can be famous on T.V., just be a wingnut.:
    [QUOTE]I was reading how Christine O'Donnell,the wannabee politician from Delaware was on Jay Leno and she has been offered a role on a reality show. My question is; what does this person offer to the television audience other than she is wacko? Who watches this type of thing? Who cares? Is this what we have become? A society that wants to be entertained by whacked out people who come across as "strange people with strange ideas?"...people who failed in politics , but are somehow "interesting"...? Hell, I don't have to turn on the T.V. to see that!!!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Zilla. If Christine O'Donnell had gotten elected I think I would have turned in my voter registration card. The best was watching her bomb miserably when being interviewed by Katie Couric and was asked about the supreme court...espescially since Sarah Palin choked on the very same question a couple years ago, and it was Palin's "coaches" that supposedly "prepared" her for the interview. There are so, so many of these absolutley pointless "reality shows" around it's sickening. I have never watched even one of them, ever, and ask myself the very same question -- who watches this crap? The "real housewives", the kardouchians, jersey shore, the list is practically endless. You clearly don't need to have talent. I still scratch my head when I see (on the news) that Palin's daughter is on Dancing with the stars....the meaning of "star" has been completely devalued.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I remember as a kid watching T.V. and, you know, even if you didn't like the show at least you could say the people had talent.

Perfect example. The Lawrence Welk show was always on at my grandparents house. The entertainment was aimed at an "older" audience. While this would not have been my choice of viewing as a teenager, I had respect for the fact that the people on the show really were good professional singers, dancers and musicians. Even Hee Haw which was a silly comedy/musical variety show was kind of dumb, but the people had talent. It just wasn't exactly my taste.

Thes "reality shows" are all over the place. I mean , even if it was "reality" , why not watch something entertaining by talented people? I don't get why these nutjobs are getting so much attention....I can see wierdos walking the city streets all day and all night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

"Famous" is indeed a relative term that has nothing whatsoever to do with "quality".

When one is "famous" for being on a television show that is the entertainment equivalent of ranch-flavored doritos, is that really something people want to strive for?

And did I really ask that question in this bizzaro-culture otherwise known as the united states of america...??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy".  It's a very sophomoric movie (this may explained why I have seen it) but it kind of hits the hammer on the nail head about what your talking about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: You too can be famous on T.V., just be a wingnut.:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever seen the movie " Idiocracy".  It's a very sophomoric movie (this may explained why I have seen it) but it kind of hits the hammer on the nail head about what your talking about.
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

I will keep that in the back of my mind and try to see if it's available anywhere. Bear in mind the back of my mind is pretty cluttered.

Because you recommend it , I feel it is worth my while as you seem to often think along the same lines that I do along with a few others on these boards.

The few, the proud. Perfectly normal seeming people with twisted thoughts and a strange sense of humor. ( Of course, I am giving the benefit of the doubt that you "seem" normal beyond the confines of these boards).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Thanks ... I feel the love (misting up)