Your Reaction: The 'Breaking Bad' finale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCEditor. Show BDCEditor's posts

Your Reaction: The 'Breaking Bad' finale

It's hard to believe but 'Breaking Bad' is now a part of television history. What did you think of the finale? Were you shocked, satisfied, or disappointed? Share your opinion on the final episode.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brian546d. Show brian546d's posts

Re: Your Reaction: The 'Breaking Bad' finale

In response to BDCEditor's comment:

It's hard to believe but 'Breaking Bad' is now a part of television history. What did you think of the finale? Were you shocked, satisfied, or disappointed? Share your opinion on the final episode.

GREAT EPISODE - Perfect ending.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfnewman. Show cfnewman's posts

Couldn't have asked for more. Well done, b*tch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishPat1591. Show IrishPat1591's posts

I was really disappointed. Breaking Bad deserved much better than that, talk about going out with a whimper instead of a bang

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nobbielab. Show nobbielab's posts

Great ending. To many ads.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from renesimard. Show renesimard's posts

Hi, I didn't watch this crap show because I have better things to do, but I'm a shareholder in AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX) and I just want to say THANK YOU BOSTON.COM!  Do we have some sort of promotional deal with your newsroom?  First you couldn't stop gushing about Mad Men.  Day after day after day, you came up with the most nonsensical, fluff articles..."Mad Men Fashion Styles," "Which Mad Men Character Are You?" etc.  Now you've done the same for this stupid Breaking Bad show - eight stories about one crap show, right in the middle of the homepage!  Great job!  But honestly, how much are we paying you to do this?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nfof257. Show nfof257's posts

Very good ending. The way the Schwartz couple was used by Walt was an excellent twist, which I never saw coming. The whole series revolved around Walt being smart enough and lucky enough to escape out of jams and the final episode stayed true to this. He finally got unlucky in the last few episodes where he lost Hank and got his cover blown, but he rallied to salvage a few things...like money for his family and saving Jesse. In the process, he realized he actually liked being a criminal and could admit this in the end. You could see through Season 5 that Walt loved being "Heisenberg" and didn't want to quit even when he had the chance. 

All in all, it's good entertainment. The fun of the series was seeing how Walt would cleverly, if imperfectly, get something out of a sticky situation and the final episode stuck to this well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vonhanep. Show vonhanep's posts

Excellent satisfying ending. More twists and unexpected turns, which is standard fare for the show.   The post-episode show this final season, "Talking Bad," was also superb, but I wish someone had explained who wrote "Heisenberg" on the wall of Walt's living room. Good to see Jesse take out Todd, and also good to see Walt get Lydia with the ricin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shobocop. Show Shobocop's posts

I'm glad they wrapped everything up but there wasn't enogh teeth, kind of anti-climactic.  Outside of Walt mowing down Todd and his cronies there wasn't a lot of the intensity that we have come to love.  That being said, when compared to the finale of other huge shows, this is the best.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I thought it was boring and bland....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IamSopwithCamelCharlestown. Show IamSopwithCamelCharlestown's posts

In response to IrishPat1591's comment:

I was really disappointed. Breaking Bad deserved much better than that, talk about going out with a whimper instead of a bang

Would you have preferred an IRA car-bombing instead of the machine gun?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KeithPyle. Show KeithPyle's posts

I was disappointed.  It was too contrived.  All the loose ends were tied up too neatly.  It was like Walt's fantasy of how he would like his life to end.  Maybe that's what it was:  Maybe Walt froze to death in that car in New Hampshire, and as he was dying, this episode was his final dream.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlknGldGuy. Show BlknGldGuy's posts

I liked it. I especially liked Walt's  ,honest , final ,  self-appraisal of his actions......

"I did it for me."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from webber62. Show webber62's posts

The ending held to the high standards of the show. Critical moment was the scene between Walt and Skyler..."I did it for me.  I liked it." Over all it was superb. My only quibble is that Walt orchestrated everything...including his own death (though he may not have meant to get shot) . So he was the mastermind up until the end....meaning the universe was on his side....kind of a tough message to swallow. I guess we all admire compentency.  But at least Jesse got away. Hope he can find some salvation somewhere.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from meerkat1. Show meerkat1's posts

Very, very, very good.  Best TV show ever.  The finale did not dissapoint.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Futuretimes1. Show Futuretimes1's posts

In response to Mr-Hertz's comment:

The Boston.com home-page teaser for this story refers to the Breaking Bad finale as a "huge event in TV history."

Uh, yeah. I don't think so. The intern who wrote that needs to get a grip on reality. It's a TV show, people. Y'know, just like Malcolm in the Middle.

Ummm... that's the point.  It's TV.  And this is a TV show.  It's not actually real.  So when over 10 million people watch one episode of a "TV" show.. that would be a huge event in "TV" history. Get off your high horse.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

I was dissappointed. Compared to prior examples of excellent Greek drama and intertwined plots, I thought the wrap was, at best a C effort in closing out a very succesful series.The reality of Walt's "gun in the trunk" success in virtually wiping out Jack and Gang was quite a stretch. And, what a coincidence that Todd was meeting the Dragon Lady for tea when Walt was in the ship with his envelope of death.....