1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Re: Book Theme Game

I would love to meet up with all the players in this sandbox. Don't know when I'll be back that way but will keep my eyes and ears open to any opportunities to do so.

TGIF!!!Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

In Response to Re: Book Theme Game:
    [QUOTE]I have to say, it's a sad day indeed when I am the voice of reason around here.
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

What?  When?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Book Theme Game : ha! now how would you explain it to someone you just met?! 
    Posted by chazz508[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of having a hard time absorbing it myself ...
    Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Are we still on animals?  Walkings post made me think sandboxes - for the young or more adult (Vegas?) for the next theme when we're ready to move on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Good Morning!

Las Vegas:

Trunk Music - Michael Connelly
    The Stand - Stephen King
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas -Harry S Thompson
    Ocean's Eleven - Dewey Gram (only saw the movie)

sandy stopped at rodents.....I thought she was going to add more animals....?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

What -- is that a challenge, chazz?

It's tougher than I thought, only because I seem to be either coming up with kids' books or movie titles -- which may or may not have started as books.

Let me try pigs:

Animal Farm
    Lord of the Flies (I think)
    Babe the Gallant Pig
    Deliverance  -- James Dickey
    Charlotte's Web

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Ha, I knew you could do it, sandy.  Now try aardvarks.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Rabbits:

Rabbit, Run
    Rabbit Redux
    The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

The Other Side of the Story - Jody Powell, Pres Carter's press sec'ty, who explains the "killer rabbit" story in this book -- was going to post Carter's autobiography, but I'm not sure he talks about it there or not.

Adventures of Peter Cottontail -- Thornton Burgess (I'm a big fan of Burgess.)
    Velveteen Rabbit

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Aardvarks?  Yeesh!

Besides the Arthur series, I don't know of any aardvark books, but maybe I'm just into the fluffier mammals.

Someone could easily do snakes or dragons, though.  (Speaking of cuddly animals.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Shoot, I forgot about Arthur (tried to think of a really obscure animal!!).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Cats:

Cats in SPace and Other Places -- Bill Fawcett
    Cats Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
    The Ghatti's Tale - series Gayle Greeno
    P.S. Your Cat Is Dead - Kirkwood
    The Cat WHo - series Lillian Jackson Braun
    Cat of the Century -- Rita Mae Brown & Sneaky Pie Brown

Trying to keep it to adult books, so I left out The Cat in the Hat and other classics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Ah, you were tryin' to trick me!  :)

Animals apparently are a specialty of mine.

I forget what theme we're supposed to be moving on to.  Was it Vegas?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]What -- is that a challenge, chazz? It's tougher than I thought, only because I seem to be either coming up with kids' books or movie titles -- which may or may not have started as books. Let me try pigs: Animal Farm Lord of the Flies (I think) Babe the Gallant Pig Deliverance  -- James Dickey Charlotte's Web
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

I bet you thought that you got away with a tasteless joke, because no one noticed this....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Book Theme Game : I bet you thought that you got away with a tasteless joke, because no one noticed this....

HA!! I did miss it, you are baaaad, sandy!! Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

[QUOTE]Rabbits: Rabbit, Run Rabbit Redux The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane The Other Side of the Story - Jody Powell, Pres Carter's press sec'ty, who explains the "killer rabbit" story in this book -- was going to post Carter's autobiography, but I'm not sure he talks about it there or not. Adventures of Peter Cottontail -- Thornton Burgess (I'm a big fan of Burgess.) Velveteen Rabbit  

I loved those books. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Book Theme Game : I bet you thought that you got away with a tasteless joke, because no one noticed this....

Hey!  It's Literature, so I figured a symbolic pig would do.

THIS is a very HIGH-BROW forum, Jake.  You wouldn't understand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

You know, I come in here and try to class up this high brow forum with my vast knowledge of this literature stuff and get nothing but negative feedback... It reminds me of how classless Chazz can be, like when I took her to the opera and she left the Budweisers in the car.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Budweisers?  Budweisers, Jake?

Maybe you shoulda sprung for the PBR tall boys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]Budweisers?  Budweisers, Jake? Maybe you shoulda sprung for the PBR tall boys.

What am I made of money ... Pabst Blue Ribbon, this is a classy forum.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Oh, new topic?

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
    Origin of a Species*
    Cakes and Ale
    Witches' Brew

*when I searched beer in GoodReads this was listed :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, new topic? I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell Origin of a Species* Cakes and Ale Witches' Brew *when I searched beer in GoodReads this was listed :-)
    Posted by -callie[/QUOTE]

Excellent research, callie!  I actually would like to read Are you there Vodka, It's me, Chelsea.  (I've watched her show a couple times, she's pretty funny)

Did any of you see the new Harry Potter this weekend??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

A challenge, -callie!!

The Stout-Hearted Seven -- Neta Frazner
    The Porter Rockwell Chronicles -- R L Dewey
    The Ale Boy's Feast -- Jeffrey Overstreet
    Wit -- Margaret Edson
    The Black and Tans -- RIchard Bennett

And, I'll admit that none of these came to mind without the help of amazon search. Embarassed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Hey Sandwich, speaking of high brow forums, I finished Borderliners and when we do meet, you'll have to explain the concept of time to me .....wow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Um, chazz?  I think I'll have to reread the book first.  It's been at least 12 years since I read it -- time is long and memory is (sadly) short.  (Or did that cover your time question?  hehehe)

And I am so impressed with how much you (and -callie and Elekktra) read -- I'm way behind on my list, mostly because I'm procrastinating on picking up Bruno Littlemore again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Sandy, it just kind of scared me, the book starts bringing in Newton, Einstein and Hawking, and here I'm recommending books where a Jersey girl runs around town with her ex-hooker sidekick bringing in bad guys......Embarassed

Sections
Shortcuts