1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Re: Christmas & Holiday Songs 2011

I adore yogafriend.  Thank you for the 'bumpity bump' of this thread.

I hope you don't mind if I continue on with a silly Thanksgiving tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z27FKwupds

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Amazing Grace

Thanks so much, AV.  I had to laugh that you and I were both thinking of holiday music right before Thanksgiving.  Seasonal music is one of the best parts of the holidays -- why wait?   :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I can't stand traditional Christmas music. I prefer the wackier stuff:

The Night Santa Went Crazy - Wierd Al

I Shot Santa In My Underwear - The Fools (Seriously, listen to the song and ask yourself if you can really blame him)

Although I actually will sing along with the original Chipmunks Christmas song, I prefer the updated version which is not fit to print here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I can't stand traditional Christmas music. I prefer the wackier stuff:

After doing some holiday shopping over the weekend, some of the wackier songs would be a welcome relief.  :)   Are those songs on youtube?  I will check. 

Most people I know take a while to get revved for the holidays, and some take a pass altogether.  :D  

The music?  It helps to create some holiday spirit (and it's only for a few weeks before it will all go POOF until next year, you know?)   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

undead, Thank you for your contribution.  I also enjoy the silly or wacky songs & I do like the Chipmunk Christmas song -- why isn't it fit to post here?   I haven't heard the other tunes you mentioned so if you could post a youtube link, that would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I will not be able to contribute to this thread this season.  As I told yogafriend, my laptop crashed a few weeks ago & I had planned on buying a new one right away (I feel so lost without it) but with Christmas & the dishwasher dying, a new laptop will have to wait.  I do not have speakers at work & my old desktop is useless when it comes to youtube. 

I'll enjoy listening to tunes posted after the holidays.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.