1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Re: Movie Word Association

Let's not forget Tony Curtis in this classic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

So many to choose from. Do I go with Brad Pitt, Clair Forlani, Marcia Gay Harden, Anthony Hopkins? Stay with the "Death" theme? Rhyme the title, go with Joe or Black?

I chose Tony Hopkins

Magic

Excellent choice AV, I love that movie. That's the film that made me realize that Brad Pitt could actually act and wasn't just a pretty face.

"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Shopgirl

WOW, So many good ones getting listed. Missed my opportunity when You've Got Mail was entered. I had one I was planning on using if that (or another one) ever got posted. Oh Well, I'm sure it'll come around again.

Had one I coulda used off off MacBeth too.
    "Who could refrain that had a heart to love. And in that heart courage to make love known"

I just watched Me and Orson Wells last week. I quite enjoyed it. I wonder how accurate a portrayal of Wells that is? Was he really that big a "feminine hygeien product one might use on a summers eve"? (and the bag it came in). I never met him personally so I can't say.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

To continue the theme

Tales of Beatrix Potter

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

So many possibilities Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Amanda Seyfreid, Peter Skarsgaard.  Love how we not only tied it in to Shopgirl through Steve Martin but managed to bring it back around to Meryl Streep.

Since someone already used Throw Mamma from the Train I'm going to go with a fairly unknown Colin Firth flick.

Where the Truth Lies

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

City Slickers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

The Incredible Journey / Homeward Bound

I don't collect movies, but I got "Babe" for a gift from a friend b/c I loved it so much.  

My turn to stalk ... hahah!!   Enjoy your day, time to get out nice and early, I love to go out early on the weekends!  

TO A/V: Hope your back is better this weekend.   
    And yes,  I have many positives with my main ex ... we are friends now and I treasure him and always will.  The "other" ex I mention on the LL board from time to time was the cheater, so the positives kind of evaporated!   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StupefyinJone. Show StupefyinJone's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Gods and Monsters

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

XXX

There's an interesting definition of what it means to walk out or not walk out of a movie.  http://www.deltafilms.net/Reviews/WalkingOut.html

i'm going to make the assumption that this isn't the reason you walked out of Trainspotting Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Baby's Day Out

I don't want to monopolize the group. I'll give others a chance to play. Be back tomorrow for another exciting episode.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Serendipity

That's Kate Beckinsale with John Cusack for those who haven't seen this movie.  A terrific light romantic comedy - and one of my favorite words.

AV - agree about long-haired Brad Pitt, but it was as sweet Joe Black that I liked him best.

And Will, I think it was an early BBC version of Persuasion that first introduced me to Austen (arrggh, I always spell her name wrong.  I just had to correct it above).  Since, I've read her books multiple times and seen ??? who knows how many movie/tv versions of them.  The quality has varied greatly, that's for sure!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

the obvious choice...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

ditto Jude Law

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I love Babe.  I have certain movies (including movie musicals and Disney animated films) on VHS - and lots that I taped off of HBO a long time ago.  Of course, I probably should have them all transferred over to DVD before I'm dealing with a dodo system.  :-)  Oh wait - I already am.  :-)

For Homeward Bound - The Incredible Journey:

(The) INCREDIBLES

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Camp Rock

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

I'll use the George Kennedy connection

Cool Hand Luke

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

(; knife-wielding-psychotic-illicit-female-lover-who-just-won't-die 
    is the common dominator ;) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KathyVT. Show KathyVT's posts

Manhattan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

My sisters and I laughed so much during this movie we think we missed some of the best lines.  We plan to rent it and watch it together again. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Trainspotting

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Hmmm - I don't see the connection between Clueless and Fight Club

So I'm going to go with

"I Could Never Be Your Woman"
    (Both Stacy Dash & Paul Rudd from Clueless)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

Tony, Burt, death defying acts; what more can one ask for?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

I gotta get on with my day.  Have a good one everyone!

Sections
Shortcuts