1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Re: Movie Word Association

Mulan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Cluless

I like the Gwyneth Paltrow version of Emma better, but to change it up a little...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Cujo

From sweet to not so much.  I just remember this scared the bejeekers out of me!

Glad to see you here LWhitt - this is a natural for you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

In Response to Re: Movie Word Association:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm - I don't see the connection between Clueless and Fight Club
    Posted by WillDeerborn-of-Gilead[/QUOTE]

Yes, can you give us a Clue

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

I'm not getting the link between Black Dahlia and Erin Brockovich either.

I'm also not seeing the link between Erin B and Chinatown. Elekktra can you clue me in to that one?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Movie Word Association : Your associations are terrific YF.  I believe the core idea is association.  Can be by genre, concept, plot, actor, director, title--pretty much anything goes.  AV do I have it right?  I'm having lots of fun... Elk 
    Posted by Elekktra[/QUOTE]
    Ok!!  Sounds good to me! 

I like the variations on the different word threads,  but it does seem that the movie theme leaves the most room for interpretation, and that makes going from post to post a real adventure here!

It's so fun to see you all!    ELK, A/V, Will Dear,  NumbaFouer, and everyone!!  Thanks!!
    Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Speed

Yogafriend, It does get a little confusing when we post at the same times. I couldn’t figure out one of the links but reading your last comment, I noticed the times when movies were posted & then it all made sense!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Julie and Julia

this thread seems to be getting further and further away from "word"  association ...

this was the only movie I could think of that came close to a movie named with a title with a word "squared" if that makes sense. 
    I'm not very good at this!   Embarassed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Bagger Vance

oktret3, I love 'Independence Day' but I don't get the connection unless you are showing yours & not participating -- but in the event you are & I hope you do, this movie is in reference to yours & Tigger = Tiger = golf.   Best I could think of to combine the both.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Elekktra, You said it much better than I would or could have.  I also would like to add is to keep it simple.  Sometimes that works best.  If a clever association is made, terrific.  If not, a link with the actors, places, themes works well too.

These distractions make my day & night so much more pleasant & I think you're all wonderful.  I'm glad I found LL & the rest of boston.com.

Enough sap.

Falling in Love

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

THE SUN ALSO RISES

i didn't know this was a film until just now when the book came to mind and I  looked it up to see ...  Ava Gardner, another Hollywood icon.  Have you noticed how popular the name Ava has become?   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

ROMAN HOLIDAY

FINALLY AN AUDREY MOVIE!!  I've been waiting!!   She is one of my idols, not just b/c of her (as callie said) beauty, but b/c of how she brought inner beauty to the world, too.    Beloved now and for all eternity, she will endure. 

thanks, A/V.  Lots of fun here!!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

KRAMER VS KRAMER

I should get double points for that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Tequila Sunrise

a play on words

The beautiful Audrey Hepburn is one of my all time favorites

Roman Holiday and Breakfast at Tifannys are two of her best.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

The Breakfast Club

Elekktra, Clever! You too WillDeer!

yogafriend, Your associations are awesome. I hope you're sticking around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Black Dahlia

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

Freddie Prinze is a clown....nuff said

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Harry Potter

Sorry, I had to get off the cartoon & animal movies --

LWhitt! Nice to see you here. I felt like I was cheating on LLWA but this is fun & a wonderful distraction.

yogafriend, Good for you that you're able to remain friends with your main ex. Wish I could as there were so many positive qualities but I couldn't handle it....   My back is not 100% better yet as I forget that I shouldn't do this or lift that.... Thank you!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Hunt for Red October

Elekktra is awesome!

We could very well do an association with TV shows. There have certainly been plenty of shows since the start of television. Let me know & I'll start it unless you or someone else prefers to begin.

I wouldn't do as well with books or authors but that is also a great idea. My participation would be limited there.  Just as well.

Just what we need.  More distractions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Thanks for the connecting references!

For Chinatown: 
    China Syndrome

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Movie Word Association : yes please!  Beats me.  (yeah, other posters have provided the common link when they suspect it may be a bit obscure...
    Posted by Elekktra[/QUOTE]

The link between Black Dahlia and Erin Brockovich is......

Aaron Eckhart.  :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

The King & I

You guys crack me up. 

LWhitt, I was hoping someone would have done the obvious with 'When Harry met Sally' & take it from there with Meg Ryan movies which happened -- Then there's Elekktra with all her cleverness & WillDeer continuing on with cartoons again...... lol.  Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]KRAMER VS KRAMER I should get double points for that!
    Posted by NumbaFouwer[/QUOTE]

NumbaFouwer, brilliant!!!

Double triple double!! 

You can retire, you just won the jackpot!  Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

sorry for another animal movie AV, but these aren't just any animals ;)

Sections
Shortcuts