Music Word Association: Part I (Archived)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Music Word Association

Free four - Pink Floyd

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

The Four Horsemen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hucksawyer. Show hucksawyer's posts

"Three Walls"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Chapter Four

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hucksawyer. Show hucksawyer's posts

"Take Five"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Friend Is A Four Letter Word

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Klaas, the-dude, mrmojo1120, or whoever else. I'm no longer interested in the Music Forum. I don't have time for it like I used to, thus I'm OK if somebody wants to start another one.

I'm not even sure that one belongs in the Music Forum as most of the people who post here don't seem to be the Music regulars. That Uncommoners board looks like a more logical place to go. Thank you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Folkenstein. Show Folkenstein's posts

Re: Music Word Association:25 or 6 to 4

Does Anybody Really Know What Time it is?

Wow, what memories this brings back! Thanks, AV!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

NumbaFouwer- you created a terrific synergy right here in the Music Forum and I don't think we should break it.  
    It would be great if BDC could lure devotees of other forms of music (classical, jazz, opera, current artists, etc) and get other discussions going, but in the meantime it is what it is and it makes no difference that people who post here don't post in other music discussions. 
    You launched a great piece of fun which has inspired three other "association" threads, so I salute you and look forward to your postings even though they may be infrequent.  
    Thx, 
    Elk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

What? What happened & what changed?

I like this forum.  I hope it continues. 

I agree with Elekktra.

25 or 6 to 4 (Chicago)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Hi Honey Heads and Sleepy Heads,

So now there are two music word threads?   mmmmm.

What difference does the location of the thread make?  It's the same people.

Why don't we ask BDC to make a forum for ALL of the word threads so they're located in one forum?   We could ask for a WORD ASSOCIATIONS forum.  Then anyone that wants to create a thread, can just do it there.  

ELK: The original Word Association thread was located in the Commoners / Uncommoners forum, hence, the reason for the location I would imagine. 

Personally, I am now feeling like this thread has lost its mojo. 

No pun intended, but seriously,  maybe this was a sign that it's time to make a change. UndecidedSmile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

In Response to Re: Music Word Association:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music Word Association :
    Posted by Elekktra[/QUOTE]

Hero- David Bowie

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Sit Down I Think I Love You - Mojo Men

Sit Down It's the Mojo Men

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

sit down, stand up - radiohead

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Changes (David Bowie)

Lovelies, Personally I don't care for change as I've mentioned in another thread. I really like this thread & I hope it continues.  Sometimes change is good but this seems to be working. The idea of grouping the Associations together is fine but not really necessary is it?

PeteK, I agree with fond memories of seeing some of these songs except some memories are not so fond.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

My guess is that there is some reason as to why you want  this to stop. I don't have any idea as to why nor would i be so bold as to hazard a guess.  The thing is you have created a forum which gets people talking and thinking about music.  That's a good thing and I believe deserves to be in the Music Forum.  Seeing posts of songs and albums I have not visited in years has brought smiles to my face. ( I Have always had a "Almost Famous" devotion to music since my teens)  This place has been fun and I don't understand why you would want to go all "Burgermeister Meisterburger" on it.  Please reconsider because as Yoga said you kind of killed the mojo of the room.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

[QUOTE]My guess is that there is some reason as to why you want  this to stop. I don't have any idea as to why nor would i be so bold as to hazard a guess.  The thing is you have created a forum which gets people talking and thinking about music.  That's a good thing and I believe deserves to be in the Music Forum.  Seeing posts of songs and albums I have not visited in years has brought smiles to my face. ( I Have always had a " Almost Famous " devotion to music since my teens)  This place has been fun and I don't understand why you would want to go all " Burgermeister Meisterburger" on it.  Please reconsider because as Yoga said you kind of killed the mojo of the room.
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

Never Let You Go-- New Kids On the Block

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

come together

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Get Together - Youngbloods

Get Together

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KathyVT. Show KathyVT's posts

A Change Is Gonna Come

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

[QUOTE]My guess is that there is some reason as to why you want  this to stop. I don't have any idea as to why nor would i be so bold as to hazard a guess.  The thing is you have created a forum which gets people talking and thinking about music.  That's a good thing and I believe deserves to be in the Music Forum.  Seeing posts of songs and albums I have not visited in years has brought smiles to my face. ( I Have always had a " Almost Famous " devotion to music since my teens)  This place has been fun and I don't understand why you would want to go all " Burgermeister Meisterburger" on it.  Please reconsider because as Yoga said you kind of killed the mojo of the room.
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]
    There indeed is a reason why I want this thread to stop, at least with my name being the person who started the thread. First of all my screen name is NumbaFouwer = Number 4, as in Bobby Orr of the Boston Bruins who wore # 4, who was my idol growing up. In real life # 4 is thus a special number for me. Since this thread has reached 4,000 posts, and it will eventually end, I would prefer that it end in with a # 4 in it, as in 4,000 posts.

Secondly, this thread was created only to last a week or so, while both jesseyeric and ZILLAGOD, the 2 persons who start most of the Music Threads, were on holidays at the same time. I feel that a post as this one that's so large, kind of intrudes on the Music Forum, and throws the excellent work of those who start music discussion threads in the background. That's troublesome to me.

I only mentioned Uncommoners, because I noticed that some of the posters were talking about that forum last night.

If people still want to use this forum, I won't complain, but I'm not gonna be on BDC that much anymore. I also don't mind if others want to make other Music Word Associations wherever. Preferably not in Music, unless jesseyeric, ZILLAGOD, Mattyhorn, or some of the other people who make large contributions to the Music threads want to.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Thank you jessey. I learned a lot from the Music discussions. But I'm really only expertise in Bruins hockey, and being a cheerleader on the Sox Game Threads. Once in a while also the Pats and the Celtics Game Threads. That's all I'm really interested in at BDC.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music Word Association : There indeed is a reason why I want this thread to stop, at least with my name being the person who started the thread. First of all my screen name is NumbaFouwer = Number 4, as in Bobby Orr of the Boston Bruins who wore #4, who was my idol growing up. In real life #4 is thus a special number for me. Since this thread has reached 4,000 posts, and it will eventually end, I would prefer that it end in with a #4 in it, as in 4,000 posts. Secondly, this thread was created only to last a week or so, while both jesseyeric and ZILLAGOD, the 2 persons who start most of the Music Threads, were on holidays at the same time. I feel that a post as this one that's so large, kind of intrudes on the Music Forum, and throws their excellent work in the background. I only mentioned Uncommoners, because I noticed that some of the posters were talking about that forum last night. From what I can see, that forum was the originator of Word Associations, and then people copied that idea and took it to other forums. If people still want to use this forum, I won't complain, but I'm not gonna be on BDC as much as I used to. I also don't mind if others want to make other Music Word Associations wherever. Preferably not in Music, unless jesseyeric, ZILLAGOD, Mattyhorn, or some of the other people who make large contributions to the Music threads want to.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer[/QUOTE]

Numba - actually because of your thread, we have had a couple of more people join in at the music forum. And that is the whole point of music. Unlike the sports forums, we never worry about trolls or big egos trying to bust up the conversation. The more the merrier and in RnR, there is no better way. I know that for me and I am sure Zilla, we do not want to see you leave the music forum.