1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Music Word Association

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Wow, I'm surprised & a bit disappointed. This was started with only a few people in mind? This a public site, all over, blogs, forums, threads. All public for the public. It's not like belonging to a private country club.

So because I started a thread & others seem to enjoy it, I should have it come to an end?  A bit selfish, in my opinion.

Whatever. To each their own.

Now I feel the mojo is lost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Music Word Association:
    In Response to Re: Music Word Association : There indeed is a reason why I want this thread to stop, at least with my name being the person who started the thread. First of all my screen name is NumbaFouwer = Number 4, as in Bobby Orr of the Boston Bruins who wore # 4, who was my idol growing up. In real life # 4 is thus a special number for me. Since this thread has reached 4,000 posts, and it will eventually end, I would prefer that it end in with a # 4 in it, as in 4,000 posts. Secondly, this thread was created only to last a week or so, while both jesseyeric and ZILLAGOD, the 2 persons who start most of the Music Threads, were on holidays at the same time. I feel that a post as this one that's so large, kind of intrudes on the Music Forum, and throws their excellent work in the background. I only mentioned Uncommoners, because I noticed that some of the posters were talking about that forum last night. From what I can see, that forum was the originator of Word Associations, and then people copied that idea and took it to other forums, including myself, even though I knew of Word Associations in the past before. If people still want to use this forum, I won't complain, but I'm not gonna be on BDC that much anymore. I also don't mind if others want to make other Music Word Associations wherever. Preferably not in Music, unless jesseyeric, ZILLAGOD, Mattyhorn, or some of the other people who make large contributions to the Music threads want to.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

FULL DISCLOSURE:

First, Numba Fouwer, I hear ya and I respect where you are coming from.

I did not have a chance to get back here today to tell everyone, but in the spirit of full disclosure, I already submitted a request to BDC to ask for a WORD ASSOCIATIONS forum, to be located in the A&E section.

The truth is that Movies, TV, and Music are ALL forms of A&E, and the truth is that they are NOT threads where there is any discussion.

They are threads for people who like to pop in and out and play for a while.  But they not discussion threads.

To be quite frank, I did think it was disrespectful to you to roll over your request.  I think it should be honored, that's the way I am. 

This is NOT about us, it is about you.  I only know if I had asked to have the thread moved, and people said no to me, I would have been very hurt and offended --  well, that's me, so sensitive it's sickening!! 
    Laughing 

I will keep you all posted as to what BDC says.  As far as I am concerned, the thread should end, request honored.

Numba, you're the coolest, I love what your screen name stands for, never really got into hockey, but Bobby Orr, let's face it, class act all the way, greatest athlete to wear a jersey for any team in Boston.  You have my respect.

Love you all, 
    yoga

ps you can drop by the threads or Music forum any time.  do you really think the rest of us know what we're talking about half the time? 
    Smile 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

NumbaFouwer,
    If a thread remains live, people are free to post at will. So here's my suggestion. 
    Please ask BDC to archive this thread.  That way your wishes are respected, the thread will be available for anyone who wishes to peruse it (with a smile and a tear :-) but new postings cannot be added.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

First off the # 4 Bobby Orr thing is pretty cool I always was a huge Orr fan, even got to meet him and skate with him when I was younger and he still had working knees.  But I digress.  As far as the music room is concerned when you started this forum, it seems to me, you had no idea that it would get so big. This I understand is bothering you.  Which is your prerogative.  The thing about posting/ starting a forum is that it is a lot like Jr High School "sexting". Once it's placed into cyberspace you can't make it go away.  What you are trying to do is the old "I'm taking my ball and going home" trip.  I would think that you would want to be better than that. But what do I know.

What I do know is that for 4130 times this post has made many people have a millisecond of joy/escapism or whatever rush that comes from playing this foolish game.  (and I am not naive enough to think that it's monumental orgasmic joy, but just a little 1/2 smile now and then) Why you would think that this is bad and something that you feel your name must be removed from perplexes me.

Not looking to drop the gloves and argue with you I will respect your wishes and will not post in this room anymore.   I have been thrown out of many places and will not show up where I am not wanted. 

I wish you no bad will and hope you find happiness, Good by and good luck, your a complex person.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

greatest athlete to wear a jersey for any team in Boston.  Posted by yogafriend

....whaaaaaaaaat?  bold words! greatest hockey player by far, but athlete? wait, wrong forum huh...sorry

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

RIP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

The End - Doors

Doors

oops, sorry, couldn't resist. Bye

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I was going to post that early this morning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Music Word Association : ....whaaaaaaaaat?  bold words! greatest hockey player by far, but athlete? wait, wrong forum huh...sorry
    Posted by phsmith8

Do we know each other, phsmith?   Are you picking on me?  Wink

It was what's called hyperbole, granted ... and I was being supportive of someone.   I know being nice on BDC is seen as something akin to being crazy, so maybe I am crazy!  I get by with a little help from my friends ...

I seem to be the only person that is OK with moving the thread and don't think the location makes any difference. 

It's the people who post that make the difference.  Not the location of the thread.  If a friend moves, do you stop being friends?  No, you go see your friend at their new place. 

PEACE / OUT.

OH, wrong forum.  Smile 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

yogafriend, Of course I would visit my friend(s) at their new place. I will probably start posting at Klaas' music association soon.

But why start over when this one is moving along so well.  Sorry NumbaFouwer, don't take my opinions on being against your idea too personally.  I usually can understand another's point of view but it's only a public forum & I don't see the big deal on keeping this one alive especially since we've come so far.

jkj, I've got a crush on you (besides my crush on jessey). I really liked your 'good-bye' post.

A girl can have more than one crush.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

EPIC picture in that post btw yoga, well done

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to Re: Music Word Association : Do we know each other, phsmith?   Are you picking on me?  It was what's called hyperbole, granted ... and I was being supportive of someone.   I know being nice on BDC is seen as something akin to being crazy, so maybe I am crazy!  I get by with a little help from my friends ... I seem to be the only person that is OK with moving the thread and don't think the location makes any difference.  It's the people who post that make the difference.  Not the location of the thread.  If a friend moves, do you stop being friends?  No, you go see your friend at their new place.  PEACE / OUT. OH, wrong forum.     
    Posted by yogafriend

haha, i might be picking on you a little bit. and you don't know me yet, but i enjoy reading your posts, you're very articulate. from what i have observed over the past few years this is a great forum with smart contributers. 
    re: thread moving talk, i could care less.

oh, and you can call me buck, nice to meet you Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

yogafriend, Of course I would visit my friend(s) at their new place. I will probably start posting at Klaas' music association soon. But why start over when this one is moving along so well.  Sorry NumbaFouwer, don't take my opinions on being against your idea too personally.  I usually can understand another's point of view but it's only a public forum & I don't see the big deal on keeping this one alive especially since we've come so far. jkj, I've got a crush on you (besides my crush on jessey). I really liked your 'good-bye' post. A girl can have more than one crush.
    Posted by Another-Veronica

A/V,
    I will like you no matter how much you dislike change. 
    Smile

Enjoy your crushes.   I've been crushing on boys since I was in kindergarten, and I haven't changed one single bit. Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Music Word Association : haha, i might be picking on you a little bit. and you don't know me yet, but i enjoy reading your posts, you're very articulate. from what i have observed over the past few years this is a great forum with smart contributers.  re: thread moving talk, i could care less. oh, and you can call me buck, nice to meet you
    Posted by phsmith8

I think we are off on the right foot!

Thanks for the kind words and introduction, Buck.  You fit in just great around here. 

Cool

Thanks also regarding the Celtics reference ...glad you liked it!!   between you and me, Celtics/Lakers is the most storied rivalry for Boston sports teams ... but what do I know?  (wrong forum) Embarassed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

BDC is going to archive this thread so it will be closed off.   Not sure when, but soon.

It will also be moved out of the Music forum to the new Word Associations forum, as that is what Numba Fouwer requested.  It is not going to get poofed, just archived and moved. 

Also, Klaas is naming the continuing thread, Part 2, which I thought was a brilliant idea.   Not really a new thread, just Part 2.  

Thanks everybody.    All set. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Re: Music Word Association: Part I

Kiss

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

BDC is going to archive this thread so it will be closed off.   Not sure when, but soon. It will also be moved out of the Music forum to the new Word Associations forum, as that is what Numba Fouwer requested.  It is not going to get poofed, just archived and moved.  Also, Klaas is naming the continuing thread, Part 2, which I thought was a brilliant idea.   Not really a new thread, just Part 2.   Thanks everybody.    All set. 
    Posted by yogafriend

Good job Y/F. You knew exactly what I meant. I renamed this thread title to include a Part I. Thus this thread can still continue, if someone else wants to start it under part II.

Moonslav59 at the Sox Forum did the same thing with his threads, for example, "Realistic Look At 2010: Part I", then later Part II, III, etc, which he did, and still does, in order to keep the size of his threads manageable (The total of all the posts in his threads were about quite large .... 10,000 or something).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Music Word Association : A/V, I will like you no matter how much you dislike change.  Enjoy your crushes.   I've been crushing on boys since I was in kindergarten, and I haven't changed one single bit.
    Posted by yogafriend

Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

yogafriend, Of course I would visit my friend(s) at their new place. I will probably start posting at Klaas' music association soon. But why start over when this one is moving along so well.  Sorry NumbaFouwer, don't take my opinions on being against your idea too personally.  I usually can understand another's point of view but it's only a public forum & I don't see the big deal on keeping this one alive especially since we've come so far. jkj, I've got a crush on you (besides my crush on jessey). I really liked your 'good-bye' post. A girl can have more than one crush.
    Posted by Another-Veronica

Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Music Word Association: Part I

Wonderwall

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to Re: Music Word Association : I think we are off on the right foot! Thanks for the kind words and introduction, Buck.  You fit in just great around here.  Thanks also regarding the Celtics reference ...glad you liked it!!   between you and me, Celtics/Lakers is the most storied rivalry for Boston sports teams ... but what do I know?  (wrong forum)
    Posted by yogafriend

you've very welcome yoga, the right foot indeed. Smile

regardless of forum, i'd have to agree. at least the most competitive overall.

you clearly know a lot more than you would like to let on!

cheers.

buck

Sections
Shortcuts