tap tap tap.... Is this thing on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: tap tap tap.... Is this thing on

In Response to Re: tap tap tap.... Is this thing on:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: tap tap tap.... Is this thing on : Hi A/V, Yes, I consider this our  "OT" chat space.  Anything and everything (and nothing!) The star indicates that you will pick up with the last post you have actually read, meaning, you will land on the first unread post for you in that thread. Put your cursor on the "STAR" and you wil see it says "Jump to the first unread post in this discussion"  click on it, and you will land where you left off. 
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....that doesn't work for me!  But I usually just click on the "last" button in the thread and click back one if I haven't read the few posts previous to that last page.

A-V, you're going on Friday?  Will be good to see you again.  :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Hi LWhitt, I got the night off!  I'll be making up for it on Saturday but it'll be worth it (I hope).  It'll be nice to see you again too & the rest of the gang (most of them).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Where is this thing being held on Saturday?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Where is this thing being held on Saturday?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    It's Friday night, and I believe it's for a movie in a theatre in Somerville (MA) and meeting in a bar beforehand near the theatre.

I am not going b/c I was invited to go to a holiday thing to attend and I also may have to be on call for a yoga thing (seriously, sounds funny, I know!)

Why?  If it were on Saturday, would you be able to make it?  Or just curious? 
    Either way, it's on Friday, jessey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

jessey - it's on Friday night.  Per Meredith on the LL blog:

"And again, everyone is welcome to attend the pre-party at Orleans in Davis Square between 6:30/7 and 8:30 p.m. There will be potato pancakes and cupcakes."

Not everyone is going to the Casablanca film at the Somerville Theatre.  I guess we'll stay behind at Orleans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tap tap tap.... Is this thing on : It's Friday night, and I believe it's for a movie in a theatre in Somerville (MA) and meeting in a bar beforehand near the theatre. I am not going b/c I was invited to go to a holiday thing to attend and I also may have to be on call for a yoga thing (seriously, sounds funny, I know!) Why?  If it were on Saturday, would you be able to make it?  Or just curious?  Either way, it's on Friday, jessey.

Curious and being able to do something tend to be the same with me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

First of all I have to say that I am NOT happy that yogafriend will not be joining us..... Cry

jessey & to those that are thinking of attending this Friday night.....

http://www.orleansrestaurant.com/

LWhitt, I probably will not go to the movie & will stay at Orleans or somewhere in Davis Square.  As much as I would love to view 'Casablanca' on the big screen, I would rather socialize that night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i have thought of going to one of those events, but i am just a lowly lurker. everyone else always posts what i would say. i have read it every single day for as long as i can remember though. guilty pleasure. i would like to go to one though. if yogafriend goes i'll muster up the courage! Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Excuse me phsmith?!? The rest of us aren't good enough to meet?

Just kidding.

If yogafriend was going to be somewhere that was an hour or so away, I'd go to meet her.

phsmith, It's a fun & easy going group. You'd have a good time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]i have thought of going to one of those events, but i am just a lowly lurker. everyone else always posts what i would say. i have read it every single day for as long as i can remember though. guilty pleasure. i would like to go to one though. if yogafriend goes i'll muster up the courage!
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]

What, we're chopped livah?  ;-)  We were all lurkers once, phsmith.  I met up with a much smaller group last winter in Davis Square (not an LL-sanctioned event) - LOTS of fun!  We're all ages, running the gamut from 21 to mid/late 50s, I think.

I'm also bummed not to get to meet yogafriend, but I'm hoping that there will be lots of new (to me) LL lovelies and ... hmmm, what do we call the LL guys?  LL lovers?  LOL ... to finally meet.

And I've met both A-V and bbb, and I *still* think of them as both looking like Archie's Veronica and Christie Brinkley/Cameron Diaz/whichever gorgeous blonde avatar bbb is using today!  They're both beautiful in their own rights; I just think of them as Veronica and a beautiful blonde actress.  ;-)

Please think of coming.  I *think* they do nametags, so you get to peer at everyone's chest to read who they are.  Tee hee!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

hahaha LWhitt!   I don't want anyone "peering at my chest!"  Now for sure I won't wear a name tag!  Oh wait, not much to peer at anyway. Undecided

Thank you for your kind words.  You're also a lovely lady.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

What - No one is sad not to meet me Cry

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

I'm Crushed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Woah.  I am going to have to hire an actress to be "yogafriend" at a gathering, I feel I will never meet your expectations! 

I am very very sorry I cannot attend, too, but the original output was to go to a movie, and I had a holiday invitation I could not turn down from a very nice friend of mine, so all in all, at the time, I didn't feel that bad about it.   Then the sitch mushroomed into a more social evening, but I still would not have been able to attend, so I tried not to feel bad about it.

You know A/V, there is no reason we need to meet at a "LL" event, we can talk offline and make our own plans, and that goes for LWhitt, too, of course.   It's a busy time of year, but after January 1st, we can think about it.
      Smile

edited out

And I know better than to ask "how it was" next week b/c "what happens at the event, stays at the event"   !!  So I will have to live with that! 
    Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

jkj, I've said in other threads I'd love to meet you, so stop your crushing.  Just don't look like your avatar, pleaseandthankyouverymuch.  :-)

jessey, I don't know you much - just from here.  But as long as you're not an axe murderer, I'd like to meet you as well!  Innocent

As for A-V, yf, and me meeting up - YES!  I do believe we're all in the same general area, so perhaps taking it offline (not to beat that proverbial dead horsie [sorry, Smashy!] but I'm not on FB, so Email has to be it for me!) and we can figure something out for after the new year.  :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Wait ... I'm just getting here.  Can I cadge an invite to an after New Year's meeting-up too?  I haven't met any of you either!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Woah.  I am going to have to hire an actress to be "yogafriend" at a gathering, I feel I will never meet your expectations!  I am very very sorry I cannot attend, too, but the original output was to go to a movie, and I had a holiday invitation I could not turn down from a very nice friend of mine, so all in all, at the time, I didn't feel that bad about it.   Then the sitch mushroomed into a more social evening, but I still would not have been able to attend, so I tried not to feel bad about it. You know A/V, there is no reason we need to meet at a "LL" event, we can talk offline and make our own plans, and that goes for LWhitt, too, of course.   It's a busy time of year, but after January 1st, we can think about it.   Additionally, since you have mentioned where you live A/V, and you know I am in Arlington all the time, I do not live even close to an hour away, I am very close by.   And I am pretty sure I know the general area of LWhitt's locale, so it would be easy  breezy to figure something out. And I know better than to ask "how it was" next week b/c "what happens at the event, stays at the event"   !!  So I will have to live with that! 

if you are going to hire an actress, can I make a recommendation Tongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tap tap tap.... Is this thing on : if you are going to hire an actress, can I make a recommendation
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Let me guess ... is it someone dead or alive?  Has to be a brunette, I don't have any desire to be a blonde. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Wait ... I'm just getting here.  Can I cadge an invite to an after New Year's meeting-up too?  I haven't met any of you either!
    Posted by -callie[/QUOTE]

OF COURSE!

You're the perfect party crasher!  (J/K)   Seriously, of course!  We will plan to take this offline, no need for FB.    Nice! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

yf- as long as you can talk in real life like you do on here there is no need for an actress to be hired! i'm sure you'd hold up just fine :)

i think maybe i'll go to the next one. or something.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I was hoping alive and I would never choose a blonde.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]yf- as long as you can talk in real life like you do on here there is no need for an actress to be hired! i'm sure you'd hold up just fine :) i think maybe i'll go to the next one. or something.
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Buck.  I am a very good conversationalist and have a cute sense of humor, so for the most part, what you see is what you get.  But you have to admit that there is something intimidating about meeting people IRL when you have only "spoken" to them online for a long time.  The sound of someone's voice, the way they laugh,  all of the nuances that go into a conversation change to a certain (and perhaps large) extent. 

You sound so cute.  But you weren't even a fetus when Lennon was killed (and I loved seeing the number of months, days and hours you had yet to clock before you were born), so you're a little young for me.   You definitely sound like an interesting character, though, as you got my Bill Russell reference and you love the Beatles.  You're a rare kind of guy for a twenty-something, from the sound of it.  

Not that you're not doing fine, but if you watch jesseyeric's techniques for a while, you can have any girl you want. 
    Wink   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Oh my goodness!  You guys (includes the gals) are too funny!  You guys are great.

jessey!  I have said in quite a few of the threads; if not all of them, that I am sad you are not going. 

yogafriend, Great!  I was thinking you wanted to remain a mystery. Yes! Let's meet some time after the holidays with whoever wants to join us -- I'd rather not say where I live on the forums as I've had a stalker so I'm a bit paranoid.

callie, YAY!  Can't wait to meet you too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tap tap tap.... Is this thing on : Thank you, Buck.  I am a very good conversationalist and have a cute sense of humor, so for the most part, what you see is what you get.  But you have to admit that there is something intimidating about meeting people IRL when you have only "spoken" to them online for a long time.  The sound of someone's voice, the way they laugh,  all of the nuances that go into a conversation change to a certain (and perhaps large) extent.  You sound so cute.  But you weren't even a fetus when Lennon was killed (and I loved seeing the number of months, days and hours you had yet to clock before you were born), so you're a little young for me.   You definitely sound like an interesting character, though, as you got my Bill Russell reference and you love the Beatles.  You're a rare kind of guy for a twenty-something, from the sound of it.   Not that you're not doing fine, but if you watch jesseyeric's techniques for a while, you can have any girl you want.     

yeah, i'm 24. and a young looking 24 at that. i am an old soul, i suppose. as for the beatles, they are the end-all-be-all as far as i'm concerned. i am a music lover in general, as a musician i tend to steer towards exploration and progression. radiohead's the only band that can draw any comparisons in this day in age, as far as progression as a band and musical exploration is concerned.

as for being a little young, don't knock it til ya try it. Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]Wait ... I'm just getting here.  Can I cadge an invite to an after New Year's meeting-up too?  I haven't met any of you either!
    Posted by -callie[/QUOTE]

Absolutel!  I must meet the kitty-loving and always laughing callie.  :-)  A-V, I'll Email you (not sure if you still have my Email addy).