tap tap tap.... Is this thing on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Re: tap tap tap.... Is this thing on

Sure jk. Let's see, where did I put ....

Hey!  Wait ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: tap tap tap.... Is this thing on:
    [QUOTE]Stupid ice ...
    Posted by -callie[/QUOTE]

I got out there early on Wednesday after the ice had formed (around 1pm) - took me 2 hours to chip and scrape with the ice chipper/chopper.  Got it before it really froze hard.  Bought the chopper 8 or so years ago; have only used it 2x, but it's been a damn good investment.  :-)

And I bought another 100 lbs. of ice melt last night.  ::::Sigh::::

And I like jessey's picture the best of all of the "good ice" pictures as well.  :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Today is Friday and Friday around here is trash day(with this week being re-cycle week also). So I went out @ 7:15 this morning to take out the trash.  It's stored in a storage bin which is built into the fence (it gives access from both inside the yard and outside).  So this morning when I was freezing my buns out there in a pair of shorts, tee shorts and sandals, i couldn't help but notice that the doors to trash bin are frozen shut at the ground and will not open without a whole lot of chipping.  It was at this point that I realized that keeping the rock salt and chipping tool stored in the trash bin wasn't one of my best ideas. There will not be any trash pick up today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Good Morning Lovelies,

LWhitt,  You're an amazing woman.  I'm tired just reading your last post. I've gone out & shoveled like everyone else but chip away at ice?  Good for you.  I have to buy one of these ice-chippers (never heard of them).  Sounds like a good investment.  I'm bad about putting down salt or sand. I buy a bag & tell my son to do it (in one ear & out the other).  It's like a skating rink around my house.

jkj, Are you blonde?  Plus you went outside dressed like it's summer?  How blonde are you?

Just kidding.

Dameon, I'll get the second round.  I don't care much for beer but any drink that is fruity while lounging on jessey's beach will do.  When are we all going? (no blackberries allowed)

Worked both jobs yesterday, again today & one tomorrow. This weekend is shot but at least it's keeping me out of trouble.

I should be back im time to watch most of the Super Bowl. Go Packers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Hawaiian Punch recipe

1/2 oz vodka
    1/2 oz Southern Comfort®
    1/4 oz
    amaretto almond liqueur
    1 oz orange juice
    1 oz Pineapple juice
    1 splash lime juice
    1 splash grenadine syrup

This was the summer drink last summer, very dangerous because it's so yummy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

A-V, you stay safe today and tomorrow with your driving!  Sounds like it's going to be *mostly* rain (Yay!) but then freeze overnight (Boo!)

As for chipping for 2 hours - if I didn't do it, I wouldn't get out of my driveway...the slight incline to get up and out would prevent that.

Flat blade with a long handle - I chip away vertically at a couple of spots, and then lay the blade flat against the driveway at about a 45 degree angle and scrape at the chipped ice...usually comes up in big chunks so I can just scrape down the driveway for 5-6 feet and then shovel it up.  Any hardware store or Lowes or Home Depot would have them...I think they're about $30?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

AV, your work schedule sounds exhausting!  You need to make sure you get some relaxation time in.  jk's got the perfect recipe.

I was out again yesterday chipping away in the sun, LWhitt.  I was hoping the ice pool at the bottom of my driveway had softened enough that I could rid of the rest of it, but not so much.  It is sooo gratifying when big chunks break off though!   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

LWhitt, Thanks for the info & photo.  I have seen those tools in Home Depot where I go periodically so I will buy one.  Shoveling is my main exercise lately so might as well add this to the list. 

Working both jobs is not as tiring as you might think.  At the office I'm sitting & as you can see, on the computer.  At the mall, besides the great employee discount, I look at it like a mini-workout plus the people (most) are very nice & I wasn't kidding when I said it's keeping me out of trouble!  I'm not a two-man gal so time & space is a plus until I make a decision.    (I know, what a life).

Thanks jkj!  Sounds yummy!

callie, We (all) need to meet soon!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Feel like I'm missing out on all the snow, ice, and cold fun back in New England. At least I have the leaking roof and snowed over pool at my house in Central Mass to remind me of what you're all going through.

We had a lot of snow over here in December. Although not as much as back there they tend to plow a little differently over here - not at all!!! One day we had six inches of snow fall during the morning so they let us out of work early and it took me over two hours to drive eight miles to get home. For those of you keeping score that's an average speed of 4 mph!!!!

Spring is only what, 44 days away, so hang in there everybody! Hope to be back in the Baystate for a visit in June and it sure would be nice to get together with everyone.

Hey, isn't the Superbowl tomorrow? Go Patriots!!! Oh wait...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

That was cold WTW.  sniff sniff........... sad too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

I know AV, I know - I'm a Patriots fan too - and they had the look of a champion until that week off.

Oh well, the one good thing is that I won't have to stay up until the early hours of tomorrow morning to watch it. Don't really care who wins although little WTW is a Steelers fan so I guess I'll go with his team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Decision?  You have a decision to make AV?  That is definitely something worth meeting to discuss!

"Missing out" Walking?  Funny guy.

I've had to chip ice daily.  If the drain in my driveway freezes over (which it keeps doing), a little puddle turns into a big lake which makes a home in my garage and finished basement. Looking out the window, the rain last night seems to have shrunk the ice pond at the bottom of my driveway.  Yay!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Good Morning callie,

I don't know how I missed your Garfield avatar that day.  It's the first thing I notice now when I read your comments.

Shouldn't really be a difficult decision.  If I were smart, I'd end it with both of them but they are so darn cute & nice.  I really want to meet to discuss men or not!

Sorry about all the ice chipping though you must be in great shape.  I do worry about the melting of all the snow & flooding in my basement but so far so good. Then I look out the window & notice a nice pile of snow on top of the garage roof which must be 30 years old at least.  Suppose to hit 40 today!

Okay WTW. I'll let that remark slide..... Everyone around here is cheering for the Packers as they are the underdog which is a good enough reason for me.  I'm not that fanatical about football as it's also all about the half time show & commercials.  I have to work until 6 so I should make it home in time to see Christina Aguilera sing the National Anthem.  Is WTWjr. watching the game?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

No game watching here. Doesn't come until 0030 or 12:30 AM Monday morning and I'll be fast asleep.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

A-V, the Steelers are the underdogs, not the Packers.  The Packers are slight favorites.  But so far, they're doing a good job on the Steelers.  :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Hope your roof is holding up AV.

I didn't really expect that you had noticed my avatar.  I just thought it was a good opportunity to nudge Veronica with Betty references.  If memory serves though, Veronica always won in the end :-) 

Phew! to sunny, melty days.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

LWhitt, I don't know much about the other teams.  I was told that the Packers were the underdogs though I would have cheered for them even if they weren't. Steelers have won more Super Bowls than the Packers so they need to stay humble. Good game, btw.

callie, It's too bad that nice girls don't finish last.  One down (Reggie) & possibly one to go. We'll see about Archie. 

The roof is still in one piece.  How's your driveway?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

A-V - I just didn't want slimeball Roethlisberger getting a SB win/ring.  Loved that the first 21 points by the Packers were as a direct result of ol' Benny-Boy throwing interceptions and the Packers using the picks to get points.  :-)

Glad to hear your roof is still intact - my landlord came to shovel off most of our roof on Sunday - with this morning's bit of snow and then rain and then freeze for the next few days, I'm hoping it did the trick (not that we've had any leaks yet, but as a just in case).

The driveway was quickly shoveled this a.m. and some ice melt thrown down - ought to be interesting when I get home to see how icy it might be.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

I feel as though this is my go-to weather support group :-)

Chipping (the damned ice will not go away!) and shoveling up the chunks this morning bright and early.  Hopefully all set for the upcoming bitter cold.

I have complete faith in you Veron .. AV!  You can have those guys all in a tangle with a flick of your lipstick case.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

LOL@callie, Yes, this is a great weather support group. I feel guilty that you are hard at work chipping away at the ice & I'm not doing anything & hoping it'll go away with yesterday's rain & sun.  This freezing weather isn't going to help.  I at least planned on buying some salt &/or sand but it's too windy & cold so I'm staying inside. I'm going to regret not doing anything when I walk out of the house tomorrow.

LWhitt, You have a very nice landlord.  How was the driveway when you got home? 

Reggie charmed his way back into the picture. Passionate, romantic & handsome. Then there's Archie who's is sweet, safe & trustworthy.  Wish they could be combined. Life would be easier.

Why do we bother?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie.

Like being at Yankee Stadium in the 70's Tongue out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

A-V wrote "LWhitt, You have a very nice landlord.  How was the driveway when you got home? "

Ummm, let's just say he's an OK landlord.  Rent hasn't been raised a whole lot since I've lived there, but he's rather lax about fixing things.  Among other things to be repaired,I've got stained kitchen ceiling tiles (a horrible dropped ceiling with a fluorescent light that I *never* use) from a flood in the upstairs apt.'s kitchen from about 14 years ago are still there.  :-/  Shoveling off the roof was preservation on his part, I'm sure.  I just need to MOVE out of there.

The driveway was in great shape when I got home last night...there is some thin sheeting ice alongside the house where the snow I had thrown there started to melt and then refroze.  But I tossed out some ice melt last night before bed, and it was walkable this a.m.  :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Is Winter over yet?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

In Response to Re: tap tap tap.... Is this thing on:
    [QUOTE]Is Winter over yet?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Step outside today ...... I think you'll have your answer

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Reggie charmed his way back into the picture. Passionate, romantic & handsome. Then there's Archie who's is sweet, safe & trustworthy.

Yes, well, Reggie always was the bad boy. Irresistible. And Archie is Archie. But no Jughead looking for Veronica's attention?  I suppose juggling 3 would be extraordinarily tricky :-)