Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

MA Resident Working in RI-TDI Credit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concernedsomersetresident. Show concernedsomersetresident's posts

MA Resident Working in RI-TDI Credit

I live in MA and work in RI, with the new Directive 12-1, how do we go about with the abatement for the TDI tax credit. I can go back up to 2008?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MASocietyofCPAs. Show MASocietyofCPAs's posts

Re: MA Resident Working in RI-TDI Credit

In Response to MA Resident Working in RI-TDI Credit:
    I live in MA and work in RI, with the new Directive 12-1, how do we go about with the abatement for the TDI tax credit. I can go back up to 2008?
    Posted by concernedsomersetresident

Dear concernedsomersetresident:

You need to recompute your allowable credit for each year's return that you are seeking to claim the additional credit for and then use a Form CA-6 as a "lead sheet" for submissioni of the actual claim for refund.  Attach a copy of the recomputed MA Form 1 and related forms and schedules to the CA-6, include an explanation of why you're seeking the refund on the CA-6, complete the appropriate "check offs" on the CA-6 (but blacken them in a little circle as though they are a machine readable test - which they are), sign the CA-6 (under penalties of perjury) and mail it to the address stated on the form.

Hope this helps in preparing your returns!

Mark H. Misselbeck, C.P.A., M.S.T., Tax Principal
    Katz, Nannis + Solomon, P.C.

Sections
Shortcuts