Defunct stores/brands that you miss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JML1023. Show JML1023's posts

Re: Defunct stores/brands that you miss

I miss a lot of stores that are no longer around,  but my #1 would have to be the original Filene's Basement.  They always had a great selection of big names at great prices.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JML1023. Show JML1023's posts

In response to vinca123's comment:

Hate Macy's... bring back Filene's...

i have to agree, Filene's was so much better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiend4Mojitos. Show Fiend4Mojitos's posts

A Few More Defunct stores/brands that you miss

Who remembers Paperama, Gilchrists or The Bargain Center in Quincy? Or The Island Seafood in Quincy, which was an A & W root beer stand before that?

Back in 1981 we bought our 1st Whirlpool washer at Caldors. That was a great store. And good buys could be had at the Sears Outlet Store on Brookline Ave . I still use an air compressor bought there 37 years ago...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eisie. Show eisie's posts

In response to eisie's comment:

My wife and I miss Ames & Bradlee's.
    Sad to say, the Ames property at Redstone in Stoneham is still EMPTY.
    Nothing of the Ames or Bradlee's type of business has ventured into this area.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eisie. Show eisie's posts

In response to eisie's comment:

My wife and I miss Ames & Bradlee's.
    Sad to say, the Ames property at Redstone in Stoneham is still EMPTY.
    Nothing of the Ames or Bradlee's type of business has ventured into this area.

Yes, Ames is sadly missed, as is Shaw's.  But we, or my wife anxiusly await the opening of Michael's, which occupies most of the old Ames facility.  Also rumored that Pizza Hut will be replacing the Baja Mexican restuarant.  Just what Stoneham needs is another pizza restuarant!

Only wish a tenant could be found for the Shaw's property.  Christmas Tree Shop???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eisie. Show eisie's posts

In response to George-Hayduke's comment:

The Coffee Connection 

Rich's Department Stores

Lechmere

The Wursthaus in Harvard Square

... and of course ,....

Spags    (The Greatest Store EVER)

http://www.spags.org

Ah yes, "You get no bags at Spags."  What a great place to bargain shop.  I miss the free tomatoe plant giveaway days.  For many years they were the best garden tomatoes.
    As a salesman, whenever I was in the Worcester area, usually once a month, I had my wife's shopping list.  Great buys, eslpecially when you have six childfren.

Also their staff in the camping department were of a great help in helping to restock our Boy Scout troop's camping needs, and at greatly reduced prices.  We filled a VW bus with material, all the basics needed for weekend campouts and weekly summer camping trips.

Bldg. 19 did nothing for them.

Sections
Shortcuts