Quirky fast food items

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Re: Quirky fast food items

I'll try anything and though I eat fast food rarely, I agree with the moderation folks - nothing can kill you if you don't overdo it.
    But, this Ihop stacker thing is deranged.  1250 calories just for breakfast?  That's probably more than your average office worker needs in an entire day, if they don't get any excercise. 
    Seems to me, when I was a kid, when you went to dunkin donuts, there were probably twenty different kinds of donuts, but only one or two of them were frosted.  Now it seems like half of their offering aren't just frosted, but covered with sprinkles too.  And we're talking about donuts!  Something that's already bad for you in it's purest form.  I hate to generalize anthing, let alone rant about Americans, but when it comes to eating habits, we're an easy target.  Scary and sad. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

In Response to Re: Quirky fast food items:
    In Response to Re: Quirky fast food items : Anything in moderation will not cause one to bite the dust
    Posted by HarlanStearns

I never mentioned anyone to bite the dust.  Obese people don't eat in moderation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeorgeWilliamTurner. Show GeorgeWilliamTurner's posts

I love the pastry and cakes at Lyndell's Bakery in Somerville.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

Cockles & jellied eels in UK, Herring & pickle stands in Amsterdam, Boiled veal breast sandwiches in Florence...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Draac. Show Draac's posts

Deep fried ice cream, odd but very good !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeorgeWilliamTurner. Show GeorgeWilliamTurner's posts

My wife Joanne will eat anything. The odder it is, the more willing she is to try it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bimmergal. Show bimmergal's posts

Fried cheesecake at the Longhorn Steak House in Boston. Remember, one of the most important things to learn in another language when travelling is "What part of the animal are we eating?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikestmarie. Show mikestmarie's posts

I was on a business trip to the Philippines.  During a lunch break, one of my hosts stopped at a food cart and asked if I would try a special treat.  He said it was called Balut.  I was game and they looked on amazed as I ate all.  I was the first American who didn't stop after the first bite.  Next day lunch was a 100 year old egg.  We doubled our business with this company.  You can look up Balut (egg) - I won't disturb anyone's meal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUFUS2008. Show RUFUS2008's posts

Ask Bill Clinton.

Has Michelle Obama commented on how wonderfully healthy this stuff is for obese kids and parents?

Bet Eric Holder brings lawsuits against all fast food companies for violating the equal protection clause of the Constitution.....fast food should have the same rights as slow foods!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homer3. Show Homer3's posts

I wonder why Americans are so fat?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nasochkas. Show Nasochkas's posts

Watching that slide show made me gag. How can anyone eat such processed, gready junk. I have not had a bite of fast food since college when we would go to the Wendy's late night window after a night of drinking.

As for "stange" foods..well for Americans at least, I like herrings and the like. Beef tongue is delicious too. Squid in ink. I'll eat anything except insects pretty much at least ones. Frog legs I have tried but they were not to my liking. They definite taste like a chicken that has been marinating in a swamp.
    I love escargo in butter/garlic herbs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from daniella_73. Show daniella_73's posts

This stuff drives me nuts! And we wonder why we as a nation are in the terrible state we are in. With the ever rising numbers of obesity (including our children, which is now causing them to start going through puberty at ages as young as 7 and 8!) and the rising costs of health care in this country, foods like these will eventually be the end of us. Not to mention what supplying these fast food restaurants is doing to the meat and agriculture industry in this country (See "Food, Inc."). The bottom line is, just because they can (invent "foods" like this) doesn't mean they should!

And Boston.com, you might want to consider posting an informative article about healthy food options (Chipotle, Whole Foods prepared foods, etc) instead of promoting more bad food decisions. You're only adding to the problem.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nothanximdrivin. Show nothanximdrivin's posts

Talk about a one-foot-in-the-grave menu!  Why use a gun...when you can just EAT yourself to death?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcelcwar. Show mcelcwar's posts

roasted pork and french fries on french bread with gravy! Called a cochon d'lait po-boy in New Orleans!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnarkyTart. Show SnarkyTart's posts

that dennys fried cheese looks like something i ate and lost.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bimmergal. Show bimmergal's posts

Fried cheesecake at the Longhorn Steak house in the Fenway- actually not bad- fried pickles, too. But I love fried tofu.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

I am laughing because this is an old column.  I tried frog legs and I actually liked them.  I also have eaten rabbit, sweeter then chicken. Got accused of killing the Easter bunny..I don't eat at Micky D's, Burger King, Wendys, Popeyes, or any of the fast food joints because the food tastes like chemicals and my joints need all the help they can get...Don't eat meat anyway...haven't since 1/1/1997.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

I have a buddy who went into Dunkin Donuts and for a joke he ordered a sausage, egg, and cheese between 2 glazed donuts......and they made if for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thanos73. Show Thanos73's posts

Ok to the nut jobs who keep saying "if you eat this stuff you are gonna die" and "I have never eatten fast food and never will". Good for you, now go enjoy your flavorless soy cubes and s t f u. See the key here kids is moderation, moderation means that you eat something bad for you on occasion instead of as a routine, in this case. I have eatten junk foood because it taste good, I don't eat it ALL THE TIME. Why, cause it is junk food, duh! Give it a try, you only live once.
    People love to say that we have got to get back to nature, go back to the old ways of doing things. Guess what fools, the old ways were terrible. People died far to you, mostly from eatting, bad natural food. Be smarter, take off your green glasses and get a life.

Moderation is the key, cheap bad food may be taste, but in the end it will only cause harm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thanos73. Show Thanos73's posts

In Response to Re: Quirky fast food items:
    [QUOTE]I try to limit myself to one a month (as a reward for watching what I eat the rest of the time) but the KFC Double down Original recipe is what Chickens were invented for! The best!
    Posted by 1234GBB[/QUOTE]

That double down samich was awesome. I tried to stay away from it but ordered on a couple months back. Tasty samich, but wow so many calories. I think I may just keep that one to once a year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MMBGReader12. Show MMBGReader12's posts

Haggis!

Haggis!  Tastes and smells like bowel movement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexgal. Show lexgal's posts

When I was a child, my mother sometimes put in my lunchbox a buttered sandwich with a hershey's chocolate bar between the slices of bread. I don't know if her explanation "they ate that in Germany (where she was from)" was true, or if she was just in a rush and improvised. To me, it was a quirky and memorable lunch.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts