1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kd1pf. Show kd1pf's posts

Re: Dealing with new bank fees

yup, already swithched to credit union AND refinanced with small bank.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provbrave23. Show provbrave23's posts

Living in the Metro West area, I used to bank at one of the Big Three but now I bank with my local community bank.  I find their products and services to be on a par with the big guys, their fees and costs are so much lower and the personal service I get is at a level that you just don't see anymore.  They TRULY care about me being satisfied.  I've been ignored once to often.  I know it seems like such a hassle to make the switch...you've got to move your direct deposits and bill pays all around, but it took me less than 1/2 hour to do everything and once it was done, I haven't had a single problem.  The benefits are so much better banking with Dean Bank.  My advice is make the switch!  Don't let yourself be ignored or fee-ed to death without taking a stand. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndulgeMe. Show IndulgeMe's posts

Already did it.  Was an account holder at the various BOA incarnations all the way back to Bank of Boston in the 70s.  They recently used a refinancing event in my life to more than double my HEL rate and cut the limit in half.  I was bad timing so I had to close on it, but told them that I would be gone in 6 months.  5 months later I walked in to the same bank manager and closed all 11 accounts I had with the bank. 

TD Bank cut my rate in half and gave me 2x the HEL limit, proving that there was no financial basis for BOA's behavior.  It was just pure greed.  It cost them in the end. 

I'm extremely happy with TD Bank.  They are indeed the friendliest bank.  It's not phony.  And they are open 7 days a week and on most holidays.  I pray no one buys them because I don't want to go anywhere else. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrumpwell. Show scrumpwell's posts

I pulled my money from the big bank, and moved it to Danversbank because of their rewards checking program.  When I signed on, the interest rate was 4% (if you met the monthly program requirements...) which was waaaaaaay better than the rates I had on CDs.  With the ridiculous rate environment the Fed created, it was inevitable that the rate could not stay that high so it wasn't surprising they had to lower it to 3%.  Still higher than the yield on a FIVE YEAR certificate of deposit.

They will have my business for as long as they continue to earn it.  One would hope that they are aware they have gained accounts because of the poor service of the big banks, and will meet the same fate if they choose to let service slide.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ginny1. Show Ginny1's posts

If you live in Suffolk or Norfolk counties try the City of Boston Credit Union.  No need to be a city employee...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SavvySavin. Show SavvySavin's posts

Although my banking habits would exempt me from the new Citizens Bank fees, I switched last Friday.  It's the principle.  I'm not paying someone to hold MY money.  They should be paying me, and now, Cambridge Savings does!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chazroma. Show Chazroma's posts

I've been with a smaller bank for years and am greatful for it.  Sure, there are fewer ATM's available, but that's okay with me.  Keeps me on budget.  I do all my finances with a small bank, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scrubbie. Show Scrubbie's posts

Luv Bank of Canton...Prompt friendly personal service, no fee's like BOA ..Left BOA years ago and never looked back. Wainright bank is being sold to Eastern Bank...I know cause my friends who work there are getting laid off, so if you go there you will be an Eastern Customer.....Go to Bank of Canton, you won't regret it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kswienton. Show kswienton's posts

I am in the process of switching from Bank of America to Salem Five.   Couldn't be happier to leave "Skank" of America and their horrendous customer service, legalized theft (through outrageous fees and expenses) and arrogance.   I started as a BayBank customer over 30 years ago and weathered the change from BayBank to Bank Boston (not difficult) to Fleet (a tougher transition) to Bank of America (THE WORST).   I am simply DONE with contributing to their bottom line in any way.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SNFinVA. Show SNFinVA's posts

In Response to Re: Dealing with new bank fees:
    [QUOTE]yup, already swithched to credit union AND refinanced with small bank.
    Posted by kd1pf[/QUOTE]

Ditto here.After our local bank was gobbled up by a regional, bank, then by BofA, we got fed up andjoined our local credit union. Bye-bye, fees, hello service, low interest rates, and local investment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfaulk. Show ccfaulk's posts

All these fees add up to profits for the banks. I will give this advice, take out 1000+ (whatever you can afford) go to scotttrade and buy the banks stock with it. The stock is at 11.13 for bank of america. The stock will jump to around 16 after 2 quarters of earnings. The one time charges they took from the original crash are done. The fees will bring earnings that wil move the stock north. If you buy 100 shares and it goes up 5 bucks it's $500 bucks. how long would it take to earn that in interest on your 1000 bucks?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from les789. Show les789's posts

[QUOTE]Two of the biggest fields of employment in Boston are Financials and Healthcare. Funny how these articles seem to always target both of them. How responsible is it to bash these industries while complaining we have no tax dollars for our schools? Bank profits means jobs for Boston, and jobs mean schools, and services... The Globe is truly idiotic... and the people (or should I say sheep) who keep these knee-jerk responses coming are playing right into their hands.  The Globe has no answers people... they are just a bunch of egocentric wannabe intellectual ideologues peddling cheap advertising to keep you thinking like them.... Ohhh be afraid everyone, and keep buying our newspaper so we can tell you how to think and vote... In the mean time please visit our sponsors front page ad for the latest in spearmint gum.... If you don't like the fees, bank at a Credit Union. You have more voting power as a consumer than as a citizen....
    Posted by dont-hate[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from les789. Show les789's posts

Check out State Street's news today

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

I have not paid a bank fee in years...  I have BOA  I only use BOA ATM Machines.  and don't bounce checks.  Sign up for paperless statements.  You should not be getting any fees.

www.how2becomewealthy.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyJ5. Show BobbyJ5's posts

Left BOA for Fidelity and love it.  I can equitize my leftover cash in ETFs, dollar cost average my way to a decent rate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redflatshoe. Show redflatshoe's posts

[QUOTE]I have not paid a bank fee in years...  I have BOA  I only use BOA ATM Machines.  and don't bounce checks.  Sign up for paperless statements.  You should not be getting any fees. www.how2becomewealthy.com
    Posted by DBCoach[/QUOTE]

I have BoA too. I moved my 401K there (Merril is BoA) after a layoff and I was bumped to premier account.  If you have $100K (I'm not sure on that), most of the fees are waived.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clquake. Show clquake's posts

Citizens now charges fees despite keeping a very high balance, and I'm told they are irreversable.  Well, then, so is my decision to move everything to the small neighborhood bank.  I don't pay a bank to hold my money and get nothing in return.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Sovereign is beyond belief with the fees. The agency I worked for recently closed our account and switched to a different bank. We are a huge account so of course they sent all the big wigs in..but in the end..the other bank is giving us better rates and lower fees. The big wigs then went back to the branch and proceeded to blame the tellers. I thought this was pretty poor. It seems like we made the decision none too soon..since many of our vendors recently started reporting that Sovereign Bank was charging them $5 to cash a check even if it was drawn on Sovereign. Things like this should not be allowed and I am sure more businesses will wind up pulling their accounts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomos. Show tomos's posts

Obama is doing a good job at destroing the country.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lfrezza43. Show lfrezza43's posts

Eastern Bank is the way to go! No fees, great customer service! They are the largest MUTUALLY owned bank in New England!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joddiemoore. Show joddiemoore's posts

I also experience some difficulties about it but i agree it is a good one.Well in Finland where i use to live first i mostly have a problem in bank and the reason sometimes is getting some loans but the because of some finacial management or sähköinen taloushallinto i escape immediately about it and lucky i am.

Sections
Shortcuts