1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCBusinessStaff. Show BDCBusinessStaff's posts

Have you sold gold jewelry?

Have you sold gold jewelry - or other personal belongings made of gold - to a jeweler or internet-based gold purchaser?

How much did you get for your gold? Do you think you got a fair price?

Share your stories and experiences with selling gold.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mastermou. Show Mastermou's posts

Re: Have you sold gold jewelry?

I sold a bunch of empty 18K and 14K ring settings, broken chains and single earrings to the local jeweler in my town last week. I was surprised by how much he gave me. Also, when I said I'd like a store credit instead of cash, he gave me 13% more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chunklet. Show chunklet's posts

i'd like to know where to sell it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MameNoonan. Show MameNoonan's posts

In Response to Re: Have you sold gold jewelry?:
    i'd like to know where to sell it.
    Posted by chunklet

I can help.  I am part of Party of Gold, a very well respected gold buying company. We do in home parties and pay very competitive prices for your gold.  When you host a party you'll receive 10% of the total we pay out.
    mame@partyofgold.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuscarora. Show Tuscarora's posts

Yes, I sold some jewelry last mont at a store called The Family Jewels in Northampton, MA. I was very pleased with the outcome. I also sold gold jewelry to a jewelry store in Holyoke last year and also walked away with a fist full of cash. Why anyone would ignore the legitimate jewelers in their community in favor of mailing an envelope to an unknown company is beyond me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpd. Show jpd's posts

Tuscarora: So how much is a fist full of cash?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim2E. Show Jim2E's posts

EVERYONE: Hold on to your gold!

Its important to remember that the value of gold does not change but its the value of currency that has gone down and booms the golds market price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobRocky1. Show BobRocky1's posts

My wife had a Party of Gold shin dig at our home.
    After consuming some Crown and soda, I would offer 10% more than the party of gold woman. She of course became slightly irritated.

More Crown/soda....I increase my offer to 15%.

And to be honest I still think I left money on the table.

PS Send more Crown.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickgrant. Show nickgrant's posts

A good friend of mine has a locally based company that buys unwanted Jewerly.

http://iwantthegold.com/

According to them, they have the highest payouts out of all the online sites out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emflipse. Show emflipse's posts

Iwantthegold.com  They email you an estimate of your gold value so you can say yes/no.  Safer than a jeweler.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenDanico. Show DarrenDanico's posts

Hello Chunklet,

My name is Darren Danico. I am the Director of GoldenGettogethers. Unlike most companies in the industry that pay 10% to host a party we pay 15%. We also average approx. 70% on spot price. You can contact me for a no obligation discussion on what to look for and how to get the most money for what you have. Even if you decide to go to someone else I hate to see people get taken advantage of. My e-mail is darren@goldengettogethers.com My toll free # is 888-727-2798 and just ask for me. I look forward to hearing from you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from audette922. Show audette922's posts

I sold my gold at a "Party of Gold"  house party.  I had 2 rope chains, 1 open loop chain, 1 herring bone necklace, 1 rope bracelet, 1 open loop bracelet, 1 very thin gold bangle, 2 rings, and 3 pair of gold hoop earrings.  I received 750.00.  That was actually better than the amount I was offered by a local jeweler.  Could I maybe have done better? Yes, but would I have really put the effort in to getting multiple estimates? No.  This was an easy and fun way to make some cash off of stuff that I would never have worn and potentially might have just thrown away.  If you do your research and go in with realistic expectations you'll be ok.  I do have to say I can't imagine That I would ever mail my stuff off to some random place in another state.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from changeitnow. Show changeitnow's posts

Stop getting ripped off. Sell to the refiners and get 95 to 99% of it's value. Dillon Gage Refinery, 11312 Indian Trail, Dallas, Texas 75229, phone 888-436-3489.
    Website: http://www.dillongage.com/Metals/RefiningServices/tabid/31/Default.aspx              use them if over an ounce of gold covers $30 fee
    Dillon Gage would be our first choice. They pay 98% of the gold value on the first 50 ounces and 99% beyond that. There is a $30 assay fee per lot.
    They don’t accept gold-plated items. They do accept gold-filled “if you have 10 pounds total weight of gold-filled or more.” The terms are less attractive than for karat gold – 80% of the gold value – but unless you’ve been a busy, busy burglar, you’re not likely to have anything close to the 10-pound minimum.
    Dillon Gage has been in business for 33 years, and we had no difficulty contacting the refinery whenever we called. And D.G. is one of the players in the industry.

Precious Metal Recovery (a division of Northern Refineries), 29509 Sierra Point Circle,
    Farmington Hills, Michigan 48331, phone 800-882-7729.
    PMR pays 95% of the gold value, but they charge no assay or other fees. They are accredited with the Better Business Bureau and claim “many happy customers.”
    They will accept gold-filled, but only in quantities of “at least 8 lbs.” They don’t accept gold plate, because “it’s not worth the cost to extract it.”
    One negative: on a call during business hours, we could only leave a message. They did call back the same day but then cut the call short. We had a better experience with Dillon Gage.
    Which smelter gives the best return? Dillon Gage charges an assay fee but pays a higher percentage of the gold value, so they will net you more cash for orders over a certain weight. At today’s gold price, here’s a good rule of thumb: if you have over one ounce of gold, Dillon Gage pays the best return; for silver, anything under 45 ounces would fetch a better price from PMR. Higher metals prices would lower the weight threshold at which you would do better with Dillon Gage.
    You may find other refineries you like better. Basic due diligence standards apply: check fees, turnaround time, and reputation. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiftyplus. Show fiftyplus's posts

yes, and quite a bit of it over the last year or so, and learned a lot.  gold parties are usually a rip off, and in many cities and towns are illegal. apparantly too easy to get rid of stolen goods, hosts can be held liable.  I prefer dealing with local dealers who are licensed and are actually held accountable by law and are licensed,  very good luck with Goldcrafters Exchanges in Stoughton, and Weymouth.  Fun and interesting places to use.  Their many repeat customers show me they are pretty good to deal with.  Also great for buying from.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donaldwatson015. Show donaldwatson015's posts

To be honest i never been experience having gold even though i have a nice status in life ,right now i have a 3 job and one of them is being a real estate agent at http://www.parhaattoimitilat.fi/ where i really enjoy it cause in a year i can earn lots of money from it.

Sections
Shortcuts