1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulier42. Show paulier42's posts

Re: Your favorite stores for used goods in greater Boston

There's a new consignment furniture store in Medford on Salem St, called Eddigan's.  This guy gets great slightly used furniture and it is all pretty affordable.  There are a few pieces that are kind of pricey but they are worth it.  The furniture ranges from antiques to contemporary.  I consigned a dining set, mid-century.
    He also showcases local artist's original work if you're looking for nice, affordable artwork for your walls.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBadeau. Show DBadeau's posts

SWAPTREE.com or SWAP.COM

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babsline. Show Babsline's posts

Everyone on the North Shore should visit GINGER'S CLOSET at 101 Lynn St., in Peabody!

They are a Consignment and Resale Shoppe with beautiful things.   Everything is so lovely that you think you are in a regular dress shop!

Here is the web site link.....http://www.gingerscloset.org/

Currently there is a 50% off SALE for all Summer items, when paying w/CASH; 20% off if using Credit Cards....

Could not believe the selections.  This place is a real fine!  Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cph17. Show cph17's posts

Used clothes

The very very best consignment shop for clothes is the Closet Exchange in Needham.  You will not have to pick through a lot of so-so stuff - they only carry gently used items.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

Nuggets in Kenmore Square, best used records (yes they have vinyl), CD's etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billski. Show billski's posts

That's it?  Music, Clothes and Books witha very minor smattering of other goods.  What happens to the rest of our materialistic society?  How about building supplies?  Furniture?  Office goods?(hey Goldsteins!) Lawn and Garden stuff?  Used Art? 'cmon - people watching their pennies.  We can make a better list than this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miloblankenstern. Show miloblankenstern's posts

Record Exchange, Salem, MA

Hey, if you're on the North Shore, you don't have to drive all the way to freakin' Cambridge or Boston.  Check out Record Exchange, 256 Washington Street, in Salem.  Used CDs, VHS, DVDs, and lots and lots of vinyl!  Awesome!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiki61872. Show kiki61872's posts

i have luck at the salvation army in brockton - its new building is right next to the westgate mall.  my last trip there i got a pair of ann taylor dress pants with the tags still on them that retail at $70.  i paid $2 for them  :)
    they have houseware and furniture but a very small selection and the few times i have been there i was underwhelmed by it. their shoe selection is poor too.
    i have found lots of brand names there - gap, abercrombie, aeropostale, american eagle, jcrew. i even found a marc jacobs blouse for $4

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dolci. Show Dolci's posts

I have the best luck at Goodwill's Harrison Ave. store.  Its like the old downtown Filenes Basement - if you really look through the racks, you are bound to find some great quality items. I find designer and name brand items that look like they have hardly been worn. People are always amazed when they compliment me and I tell them it was from Goodwill. 

And, it really makes me feel good knowing that the money I paid goes to support Goodwill's job training programs. The new Savers are advertising that they support charities but they are actually making a profit on the used clothes they sell - they ask charities to collect clothes for them but the charitities only get back a very small portion of what you pay for the clothes the rest profits Savers. Everyone loves a bargain but I would rather directly support a charity instead of letting a for-profit company make money from my used clothes...but that's just my opinion!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tiredmom46. Show tiredmom46's posts

In Response to Your favorite stores for used goods in greater Boston:
    Whether they be stores specializing in music, clothes, electronics, video games, movies, instruments, or just bigger consignment stores that sell all kinds of used goods, what are your favorite places to browse - and buy - secondhand items in the Boston area? What makes these stores so great - the selection, the prices, the quality of merchendise? Share your "best of" lists for stores that sell used items.
    Posted by BDCBusinessStaff

Goodwill on Harrison Avenue has great stuff, but their prices have gone up.  $5 for a used t-shirt is too high when you can buy new t-shirts for about $3 a piece at Job Lot or Walmart.  You need to have a block of time in order to be able to search through everything, but I get all my daughter's A&F, Hollister and Juicy stuff here since I refuse to pay $25 for one of their t's.  They also have a good selection of books.  The Boston Building Cooperative on Terrace Street in Roxbury is a good place to pick up household items if you are renovating or restoring an old house.  I picked up a bunch of glass door knobs, french doors in the past.  They've also had kitchen cabinets (new) or replacement windows if you can make the measurements work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darling2. Show darling2's posts

Elite Repeat in Hanover for furniture.  Glory Daze in Milton for clothes.  Neither of these is dirt cheap, but, quality abounds!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Browndog95. Show Browndog95's posts

Savers used to be really good until they began getting greedy.  I used to find really good stuff there for little money.  Now if something's got a big name brand (jcrew, banana republic, abercrombie, american eagle, gap, etc) they jack the prices up.  Stick to the thrift stores that TRULY are thrift stores.  Ones that price all items the same price regardless of their brand name.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debstress. Show debstress's posts

Used & surplus construction materials

The Building Materials Resource Center has used and surplus materials for home improvement, including full cabinet sets, windows, doors, light fixtures, etc. If you are repairing your home, you can find some excellent bargains.

100 Terrace Street
    Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120
    617-442-8917
    www.bostonbmrc.org

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asquare. Show Asquare's posts

how about the Closet on Newbury?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loveable. Show Loveable's posts

LEMON TREE GOODS Consignment Boutique and Gift Gallery

Hands down, my favorite consignment shop is Lemon Tree Goods.
    My friend went in the other day and got $480 worth of clothes for $60.
    They have really good clothes, high end names, most like new.
    It's a charming shop next to the Dairy Queen in Natick, and the folks who work there are really nice (no attitude)! www.lemontreegoods.com
    Their hours are Tues-Sat 11-5. Everything is 50% off through Aug.15th!
    325 N. Main Street, Natick 508-655-2600, next to Dairy Queen, near Wayland line .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from deal-finder. Show deal-finder's posts

My hands down favorite is Lemon Tree Goods on the route 27 right beside the Dairy Queen on the Wayland/Natick line.  This store is awesome!!!  The clothes turn over super quick so there are always new items to check out.  They also sell new gifts items (jewelry, cards, flowers, frames etc...) so it is easy to run in quick and grab a gift.  I don't know who they get for their consigners but the clothes are amazing and often still have the original tags on them.  I also love the ladies that work there - they are very helpful and make clothes shopping tons of fun!  Who needs to go to the mall and deal with the parking and high prices when you can just swing by Lemon Tree Goods.  And, as an added bonus, you can send the kids next door to eat an ice cream at Dairy Cream while you do something for yourself.  Love it!  Love it! Love it! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luzcanon. Show luzcanon's posts

Frida Bee in Inman Square, Cambridge, is pretty good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prsd4time. Show prsd4time's posts

Lemon Tree Goods in Natick

I have scored a Tory Burch dress, Cole Hann rain jacket, Cole Hann purse, Gucci bag, Theory pants, cotton flouncy tops for the summer, and a few other things I am forgetting about. My mom, my friends, all have found great items at very reasonable prices. The shop has a friendly feel. If you tell the staff what you like and your size--they will remember you and even call you when new stuff comes in. Going there now is a weekly habit!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mamarama. Show Mamarama's posts

Gotta agree - I love Lemon Tree goods- very cute stuff, clean and pleasant atmosphere. The prices are great- some stores are way too expensive. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hbomb1029. Show hbomb1029's posts

Hands down the best consignment shop for women's clothing is located in Peabody. Ginger's Closet has all kinds of high end labels. The website is awesome as well. gingerscloset.org
    I've had alot of luck with purchasing genuine Coach bags (only 3!), Ann Taylor suits for work and a large selection of shoes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LanieB. Show LanieB's posts

General Goods, Andover, MA

I always find something here.  They have furniture new, used and vintage/antique.  Plus lighting, bath and body, jewelry, GREAT housewarming gifts.  They have brands like Cucina, Vietri, Mariposa, Casafina.  It is the first place I look for something unique.  The store changes all the time and since most is one of a kind it's always fun to at least run in and browse to see what's new.  Plus, since it's right next door to a Dunkin' Donuts I am there way more than I should be!  Definitely worth checking out!

93 Main Street - Andover, MA 01810 978-749-6644 www.generalgoods.net
    Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

Urban Renewal in Allston is creepy!  I miss Diskovery that used to be on Brighton Avenue in Allston and the Garment District has become a bit too trendy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teresa3. Show teresa3's posts

savers is not moving to danvers, it's moving to dedham.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nievesmel. Show nievesmel's posts

Lawrence General Hospital Thrift Shop! It opens after labor Day Weekend and the bargains are amazing! Located at parking lot n.2, cross street the main lobby!
    My favorite place!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whith. Show Whith's posts

Dame in JP

An awesome vintage clothing store for men and women.  I buy lots of my clothes there.

Whit

Sections
Shortcuts