Your favorite stores for used goods in greater Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleepmonger. Show sleepmonger's posts

Vincent's in Stoughton

Vincent's in Stoughton is by far the best for clothing and okay for other things like furniture - but the clothing is organized and it is easy to shop there.  The prices are good too.  I found the prices in Salvation Army to be really high (the one in Norwood or Walpole on Route 1.  I could buy a new t-shirt at Kohl's for the price they're asking for used ones at Salvation Army. 

Vincents always has some special going on too.  Like everything with a red tag today is ninety-nine cents - really great store with great deals.  I get my clothes there and shop for my mother and sister there too. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChickeeWilliams. Show ChickeeWilliams's posts

Re: Your favorite stores for used goods in greater Boston

How could you forget Sandy's Music in Central Square for used instrument? He's been there for decades and you never know what you might find there. It's worth a visit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lollipopp. Show lollipopp's posts

Curious. You completely forgot USED CHILDREN'S CLOTHING STORES which specializes in used baby gear like cribs and strollers as well as maternity wear too. That would have been helpful to new and old moms alike. There's one in Belmont, Newburyport... There's a chain in Framingham.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SaverSports. Show SaverSports's posts

In Response to Your favorite stores for used goods in greater Boston:
    [QUOTE]Whether they be stores specializing in music, clothes, electronics, video games, movies, instruments, or just bigger consignment stores that sell all kinds of used goods, what are your favorite places to browse - and buy - secondhand items in the Boston area? What makes these stores so great - the selection, the prices, the quality of merchendise? Share your "best of" lists for stores that sell used items.
    Posted by BDCBusinessStaff[/QUOTE]

you forgot boomerangs in jp and west roxbury.. www.shopboomerangs.org

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3c-sons. Show 3c-sons's posts

I find great high end clothing at Madam Had'em in Old Town Marblehead!! I scored a Pucci top for only $38 with the $225 price tag on it last time I was there!! I live in Boston but I frequent the store almost every other week.  The owner puts out new inventory daily. So worth a trip

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splotter. Show splotter's posts

The best place for cheap used records is Deja Vu Records in Natick.  Everything is super cheap compared to the Boston stores for LPs.  Nothing is in order so if you're idea of fun is picking through records for an hour or more, this is your place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nofinknway. Show nofinknway's posts

Soooo, a feature on Boston's best places to buy used items, and Boomerangs' three fabulous locations in Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury and South End, are not mentioned even once??? I expect that somebody will be fired over this.

http://www.shopboomerangs.com/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nofinknway. Show nofinknway's posts

Soooo, a feature on Boston's best thrift stores, and Boomerangs' three fabulous locations in Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury and South End, are not mentioned even once??? I expect that somebody will be fired over this.

http://www.shopboomerangs.com/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glutenfree182. Show glutenfree182's posts

i buy the all things a the boomeran jamaca plane, jp

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bimmergal. Show bimmergal's posts

I love almost all the thrift stores in the Boston area. A lot of Saver's prices went up because people were stealing from them. I was told by the manager that they were not moving to Dedham. The Garment District is a smelly dump! Two of my leather Coach bags came from a consignment shop that used to be in Brookline. The Home for Little Wanderers shop in Roslindale has some designer stuff but is too pricey and cluttered. Perhaps if they lowered their prices they could have more room and move more product. Don't forget Just As Nice in West Roxbury and Encore Exchange in Coolidge Corner. Second Time Around's staff is snooty and they are too picky on what they accept.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luv2laughalot. Show luv2laughalot's posts

http://www.facebook.com/LadyLuxeVintage

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CCMBiz. Show CCMBiz's posts

Best Kids Consignment Shop - Belmont

The very best place to go for fashionable kids clothes & gear is Growing Up Resale in Belmont. Abby (storeowner) only takes high-quality, lightly used clothing and always has a good supply of high-end strollers, bedding, etc...

Here's their facebook page!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/growingupbelmont?ref=ts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from peacenik. Show peacenik's posts

Re: Record Exchange, Salem, MA

In Response to Record Exchange, Salem, MA:
    [QUOTE]Hey, if you're on the North Shore, you don't have to drive all the way to freakin' Cambridge or Boston.  Check out Record Exchange, 256 Washington Street, in Salem.  Used CDs, VHS, DVDs, and lots and lots of vinyl!  Awesome!
    Posted by miloblankenstern[/QUOTE]

Then again, if you are in freakin' Cambridge or Boston, it's worth it to make the drive all the way to Salem to go to the Record Exchange, because it's just plain that good, especially if you're looking for vinyl.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmmyBee. Show EmmyBee's posts

Closet Exchange, Needham.   
    Also good is Second Time Around -- also on Great Plain Ave.

Good for jeans and casual stuff: Savers in West Roxbury.  I just got a pair of Banana Republic chinos there for $8, and a pair of Talbots pants for about $10. 

I have a private laugh to myself when complemented on an item I got at a used clothes store.  And it happens a lot!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPA. Show IPA's posts

Garage Sale in Boston's southend is amazing. The furniture and home accessories feel like they are brand new and you can get everything from the design center and decorators to Crate and Barrel for 25-50% of the original selling price. and if you are an art or jewelry collector you will hyper-ventillate at the choices and prices.  They get new stuff daily. I am there at least once/week

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from catedesco. Show catedesco's posts

eVOLUTION Resale & Consignment, 94 Main Street, Woburn for upscale and designer women's clothing and accessories, as well as furniture, housewares, and decorative items.

http://evolutionresale.intuitwebsites.com/

Also on Facebook!

For children's resale, I love Liena's, 38 Church Street, Winchester.  You can find her shop on Facebook.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from avegrah. Show avegrah's posts

Re: Garage Sale Boston

I have furnished three rooms in the last few months from Garage Sale.  I love their new website because they post some of their new inventory.  you have to go if you haven't been.  You will become addicted.  Waltham st in the south end around the corner from Lekker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from awall422. Show awall422's posts

Children's Treasure Chest in Tewksbury.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

Thanks for the posts and I wish there were more in Medford, I don't drive.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDeepEnd. Show TheDeepEnd's posts

I LOVE eVOLUTION Resale and Consignment in Woburn; they are right on Main Street (I think it's #94) the Woburn/Winchester line and have unbelievable women's clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry....top designers!  I've purchased a COACH bag, Kate Spade shoes, Prada shoes, Ann Taylor suit, etc.... they've only been there less than a year but they have GREAT prices.  They also sell houseware stuff, wall decor, furniture, giftware like Waterford Crystal... it's a real find. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1202286. Show user_1202286's posts

Boomerangs is my fav...Proceeds go to Aids Action Committee.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from milleroni7654. Show milleroni7654's posts

LOVE my local Goodwill!  It has provided me with luggage, clothing, shoes, housewares, Christmas presents and vintage goodies for my etsy store!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

"Second Chances"  Natick,  all proceeds benefit Greyhound Friends Inc.   http://www.secondchancesthriftshop.com/store.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtonmom2. Show newtonmom2's posts

My favorite consignment store is Kiki D. Design and Consign in Newton Center. Great stuff - I always find something!