1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCBusinessStaff. Show BDCBusinessStaff's posts

Your gift-buying suggestions for wine

Are there certain wine brands and vintages that you swear by? Which ones make great gifts during the holidays?

Also, what stoes have the best selections and the best deals?

Share your wine gift-buying suggestions here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PJSTACK. Show PJSTACK's posts

Re: Your gift-buying suggestions for wine

just purchased 10 cases of 7 Deadly Zins at Marty's in Newton.  It was on sale, and they gave me $1/discount for buying volume.  great value...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pagellan. Show pagellan's posts

Shop Costco wholesale

I frequently shop at Costco Wholesale for my Liquor needs. The alcohol portion is open to the public and they have the best prices around. They have three Costco's with liquor in the state, Waltham (where I shop), Danvers and Avon. The prices are unbeatable, I will give you some examples. The article mentioned Dom Perignon and Silver Oak. The price tag on the Dom in the article was $190.00. Costco Price $124.99 for the same vintage. They sell the Silver oak Napa Cab 2005 for $68.99 and the Alexander valley Cab 2006 for $55.99. They also have Joseph Phelps Insignia 2007 (spectator says, " one of the best vintages of all times") for $149.99, Two hands bella garden 2008, #2 on the spectator top 100 list for $48.99. Cristal - $185.99. Johnnie walker blue label - $179.99. the list goes on and on. I trust the people over there and can't beat the prices. If your looking for a good deal Costco liquor stores can't be beat.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I happen to really enjoy Trader Joe's $4/bottle Green Fin (or Vin?).  It's a simple, white table wine, and it's organic so no pesticides on the grapes.  I've given it as gifts, and the recipients really like it.

For a little more expensive gift, I love the Sterling vintner wines.  The merlot is so smooth and drinkable.  Lovely with the filet mignon I had it with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GunghoGuy. Show GunghoGuy's posts

I drink no beer or wines.....I always have a bottle of Remy Martin's French Champagne Cognac on hand for all occasions......Merry Christmas, folks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdp123. Show rdp123's posts

Rapid Liquors in Stoneham has the best prices anywhere. Try the Beringer Cab Sav for around $15, or any Malbec-I prefer the Agua De Piedra for around $8