Best video games of the year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from htranv. Show htranv's posts

Re: Best video games of they year?

HAHA

It looks like this is a very popular post.  But, Call of Duty would be the game to own. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cynic22. Show cynic22's posts

Re: Best video games of they year?

Gran Turismo 5

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thwarted3. Show thwarted3's posts

Re: Best video games of the year?

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. Great even for non-gamers.

I'm asking for Donkey Kong Country 2 and Kirby's Epic Yarn for Christmas (what can I say, I'm a fan of old-school & side-scrollers).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sholter. Show sholter's posts

Fallout: New Vegas, or Call of Duty

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CorkyMuldoon. Show CorkyMuldoon's posts

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.  Scary game.  Not a lot of run & gun or spray and pray.  Your primary defenses are your wits, running or hiding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NathanDrake. Show NathanDrake's posts

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves    Adult/Teen
    NHL '11                                Everyone 
    GT5                                     Everyone

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mumbles. Show mumbles's posts

I am a FPS fan from way back. So, COD Black Ops, but I also have Halo, Reach and am a big fan of the Halo series. So, as soon as I make my way through COD Black Ops (just finished Kane and Lynch, "Dog Days", not bad although I read a lot of negative comments about it). I also recently finished Metro 2033. That was a good FPS as well.Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mistercoughy. Show mistercoughy's posts

In Response to Best video games of the year?:
    [QUOTE]If someone asked you what video games they should get for that person on their holiday list, what would you tell them? What were the best games of 2010? What games are you hoping to get as gifts this year? Share your video gaming picks here.
    Posted by BDCBusinessStaff[/QUOTE]

Nothing has ever surpassed Half-Life 2 for PC. It is STILL the best game ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzb. Show mezzb's posts

I would add NBA 2K11 to that list.  And Plants Vs Zombies (now on xbox 360)

Probably the best basketball videogame in history.  Even better than Double Dribble and Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam II: 2 Shades of Blue.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Recettear for the PC. 
     Black Ops will be the most popular game for xbox, but I like too many others to make it the best game of the year.
     Epic Micky is more than likely going to take the honors for the Wii.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatJ22. Show PatJ22's posts

I'm not really a gamer, but yournextgame.com recommended me 'Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War' for my brother. It wasn't very expensive, hope it is a good game! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from David178. Show David178's posts

Everyone seems to be concentrating on the new fall releases, but I would vote for Battlefield Bad Company 2 as the best game of the year. It was released in March. Both the online and single-player campaigns are lots of fun, and they're releasing a new map pack any day now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOARDACHICK. Show BOARDACHICK's posts

Mass effect 2

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frodo777. Show Frodo777's posts

In Response to Re: Best video games of the year?:
    [QUOTE]I am a FPS fan from way back. So, COD Black Ops, but I also have Halo, Reach and am a big fan of the Halo series. So, as soon as I make my way through COD Black Ops (just finished "Kane and Lynch: Dog Days", not bad although I read a lot of negative comments about it). I also recently finished Metro 2033. That was a good FPS as well.
    Posted by mumbles[/QUOTE]

I like the plot of COD7: Black Ops. I thought it would cover actual historical special operations in Vietnam, but I guess the plot wanted to draw on characters from the earlier parts of the franchise. They should make map-packs set in Vietnam during 1965-1968 or detail other secret operations like the Bay of Pigs or the Congo.

What ticks me off is that nearly all of the weapons are Out Of Period. The M16 is the modern M16A2 variant with the 3-round burst mode and most of the other weapons (e.g. Steyr AUG and AK-74U) weren't even conceived of in the 1960s. I thought they would use more period weapons like the M3 "Grease Gun", M/45 "Swedish K" or PPSh-43 SMGs. The modern guns should have been available as online-only unlockables. I think of it as a missed opportunity, really. Maybe they'll fix this issue in the proposed sequel (COD:BO2). 

The zombie minigame in which JFK, Richard Nixon, Robert MacNamara and Fidel Castro fight off hordes of zombies in the Pentagon while using character-unique  taunts is hilarious, though. They should add other personalities like Martin Luther King and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy or other locales (like Dealy Plaza or the White House) in Down-Loadable Content or updates.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from egomaniac. Show egomaniac's posts

There are so many excellent games, I actually would hold off on new releases and go for the games that were released earlier in the year or last year.  Video game prices drop quite quickly.  I've seen Mass Effect 2, my personal pick for game of the year, under $20 new in many online sites.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-n-Slice. Show Ice-n-Slice's posts

The FIFA games are always excellent.  They are pretty easy to pick up and start playing immediately.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Red Dead Redemption is awesome if the person is old enough to play. It's like a western grand theft auto except no auto's but horses instead. So its like Grand Theft Horsie

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTX77. Show RTX77's posts

C'mon, you all know it's Angry Birds.
    50 million downloads, millions of hours of playtime. You played, you're addicted.