1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

Facebook's changes

Facebook in recent days has announced a whole slew of changes and released a lot of others. What do you think about the changes -- including Timeline, Spotify integrate, and ability do more than just LIKE something?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from idunno12345. Show idunno12345's posts

Re: Facebook's changes

Bring back the old facebook!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

The changes are great. I find navigating facebook much easier now. Change is good. Embrace it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Floundah. Show Floundah's posts

I use Facebook to keep up with my family. We're spread out and and most of us are poor at keeping in touch. I can handle whatever changes are thrown at me -- so far. However, I am always having to check and recheck my privacy settings, and I don't appreciate that.

By the way, I'm careful about whatever I do post because there is no such thing as true privacy on the Internet. Anything can be cracked. Always be discreet.

Here's two useful links; the first is by Gizmodo, and the second is from Sophos:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6dw86m4

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3gf5gd3

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from twohitter1. Show twohitter1's posts

Too many changes, too frequently ... none for the better.  I and many of my fb  friends have deactivated our accounts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from treefuzz. Show treefuzz's posts

Turning off my account for sure. Here's why: 1. You consistently have to recheck your settings. FB creates new ones all the time that you may be aware of or more than likely that you are NOT aware of. This does not encourage trust only a feeling of being manipulated. 2. The illusion that you are seeing ALL the posts ALL the time from the people you are subscribed (or friends) with. Or the illusion that ALL of your posts are being seen by ALL of your friends. If you think about it there is just too much info streaming at any one time. So Facebook now has to screen (prioritize) some or most of it out for you. 3. FB wants you to think that the Social Network is still about connections between people. In reality it is now about connections between the marketing/advertising industry and you. Why? Because "Facebook is Free and it always will be (laugh). 4. Ask any REAL web designer how screwy the Facebook interface is and always has been. Especially since FB is so poor at describing in any detail all the effects that their updates will have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sraochoa. Show sraochoa's posts

I have started to migrate over to Google +. I have not quite figured out how all of it operates because I have not had the time. I looks a lot simple on the first glance. There is way too much on the Home page of Facebook now. It is way too busy for me and I suspect many of us older (40+) users. I prefer the older simpler format and not because I do not like change. I do not like so many differnt things on the page. I find it too distracting. Will I delete my Facebok account? I am not sure because I have a large amount of contacts on there and my kids are still on there but if I can get everyone to migrate with me to Google + I might.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

I too deleted my facebook account.  I was frustrated with always have to receheck my settings to be sure they were still set the way I wanted them to be.  Not worth the constant monitoring that I had to do to stay somewhat connected to friends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

I am seriously considering jumping ship. I do not really like the changes, I want a nice basic time line in chronological order, which I used to have but now FB "Thinks" it knows what is a top story and I always disagree.

Secondly I don't like that it shares so much of my data with people, I really don't think the world needs to know that I like XYZ TV show....I don't mind if my friends know of course.  I have found some good shows by seeing what friends like to watch but not what some stranger watches.

I went FB free last week as a test and it wasn't so bad.  I originally liked it because it was a sneak peak into my friends lives and allowed us to have a quick note back and forth but on our pace. I could post something that I thought was cool and they were free to look at it or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from li1wings. Show li1wings's posts

awful. just awful. the only good thing is that the new format is helping break me of my FB addiction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AndrewTran. Show AndrewTran's posts

In Response to Facebook's changes:
    Facebook in recent days  has announced a whole slew of changes and released a lot of others . What do you think about the changes -- including Timeline, Spotify integrate, and ability do more than just LIKE something?
    Posted by BDCJoeAllenBlack

I love spotify but I found it a little disconcerting when I was listening to it on my phone outside and got a Facebook alert of someone commenting on what I was listening to at that very moment. That might be too far but that's also where we're heading, I guess. Immediate and constant broacasting of everything we consume.

Sections
Shortcuts