1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCBusinessStaff. Show BDCBusinessStaff's posts

Replaced by an iPad

Schools, hospitals, and now even an NFL football team are replacing printed materials with iPads. Where are places (outside of an Apple store) that you've used an iPad that was provided to you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwm218. Show jwm218's posts

Re: Replaced by an iPad

I wish my company would buy me an iPad!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frisco2. Show Frisco2's posts

Funny, it looks more like a Macbook pro than an iPad (1 or 2) sitting next to that Burlington HS staffer......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzsleeper. Show bzsleeper's posts

"According to the company, the iPads will replace paper flight manuals. The Apple device will also replace aeronautical navigational charts."

It's all fun and games, until you run out of battery....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from becca1695. Show becca1695's posts

My 79-year-old Mother, who is undergoing chemotherapy, uses an iPad to read large print books, play games, and is about to learn Facebook! The iPad is much easier for her to hold, too, as she has neuropathy and the weight of a regular book is too much for her hands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCBusinessStaff. Show BDCBusinessStaff's posts

In Response to Re: Replaced by an iPad:
    Funny, it looks more like a Macbook pro than an iPad (1 or 2) sitting next to that Burlington HS staffer......
    Posted by Frisco2

You're right, that's the principal with a MacBook. We don't have a photo of the students with hte iPads, yet, unfortunately.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danno-the-kid. Show danno-the-kid's posts

There are other tablets besides the iPad. I fear utilizing the brand name makes this more of an ad for Apple and less of a story about how tablets can make life easier.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

I wish my company would buy me an iPad!  
    Posted by jwm218

I assume that if an employer issues you an iPad, it would be for work use only. It would be risky for the company to allow it for personal purposes too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from never. Show never's posts

I know clergy who are preaching from their iPads; I've not done that yet, but I take meeting notes on it.  During Irene, it kept me connected when power went, because I also have a MiFi portable hotspot.

Al Roker was reading his story from an iPad during the hurricane coverage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeyChestnut. Show JoeyChestnut's posts

Restaurants put their wine lists on them. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from renaldo2. Show renaldo2's posts

University libraries are increasingly making them available to students and faculty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jballway. Show jballway's posts

The Au Bon Pain at International Place recently ditched their IPads and went back to paper because their IPad system was not working as they had hoped

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeC426. Show MikeC426's posts

We use iPads in all of our buses to allow our private parties to play videos, music, pandora, etc. throught the sound system and tv's. www.ridethebuzzbus.com

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mauthedog. Show mauthedog's posts

Someone above wrote:  " There are other tablets besides the iPad. I fear utilizing the brand name makes this more of an ad for Apple and less of a story about how tablets can make life easier."

--------------------------------

Practically speaking, and dollar-wise---there aren't any other tablets.

Please allow me to explain my view:

Millions of iPads are being sold every quarter, while all other tablets are selling in the thousands.
    HP just killed its tablet line.

The iPad is the best (consumers state it is the easiest to use); the iPad is the cheapest to manufacture (no one can match Apple's ability to make such a device so cheaply).
    I'm not an Apple worshipper or apologist. I actually prefer Windows-7 to the Mac.

Here's another (comparable) example:
    I could say to you how there are other home operating systems besides Windows, e.g. Linux, Hp-UX, and a few other obscure ones.
    But, Windows is the king of home operating systems.
    The average person isn't interested in Linux or some other obscure OS.
    So, if someone were to say to me how there are other home operating systems, I would say "practically speaking, there aren't."

Beautiful people want to buy from beautiful people, and companies want to buy succesful proven products.  From their perspective, there aren't any other tablets [worth investing in].

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophlady. Show Sophlady's posts

There are other tablets besides the iPad. I fear utilizing the brand name makes this more of an ad for Apple and less of a story about how tablets can make life easier.
    Posted by danno-the-kid

The iPad already has as much as 90% market share of the tablet market.  And, would-be competitor H-P is discontinuing its TouchPad as of last week.  Nor has RIM's PlayBook or Motorola's Xoom sold well.  The tablet market is basically the iPad market.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lenmason. Show lenmason's posts

The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) is working on a plan to replace the 1000-page binders that each voting member receives for their biennial business meeting with iPads. At this summer's meeting, a pilot program was launched with 80 of the 1,200 voting members using the iPad as an e-binder. The pilot program was viewed as a success, and plans are underway to replace all of the paper binders at the 2013 meeting with iPads.

Sections
Shortcuts