1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrBacon. Show MrBacon's posts

Re: What tablets are you interested in?

In Response to Re: What tablets are you interested in?:
    Granted Apple is the leader in the tablet market, but as to why would you want anything but and Apple?   SIZE.   In my opinion, I think smaller, more portable tablets will be in demand.
    Posted by gweduck

It's called a phone. :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewEnglander56. Show NewEnglander56's posts

iPad and only iPad.  Amazon's comparison to Apple is, pun intended, apples and oranges.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slash. Show Slash's posts

HP Touchpad/WebOS!

Wait....WHAT?!? :'(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mumbles. Show mumbles's posts

I agree with "Some-Guy": Unless you need the portability (and don't mind the lack of ports or apps that a small laptop has already) ot a Tablet, it seems pretty much useless to me. I have a Kindle 3G E-reader and it does pretty much what I need it to do: read books, newspapers and other media. But, it does not have color, is a bit heavy and the keyboard is not very useful (I know..I could change to the Kindle touch but that has drawbacks as well). But the price point was attractive and Amazon has enough media to keep me busy. So, I won't be interested in their new "Fire" tablet. It seems this device is mainly intended to be a way to sell more content rather than offer much in the way of inovation. Unless you want to consider access to Amazon's cloud services as an inovation. Nice but not nesessary IMO. Also with only 8gig of storage available and weighing in at over 14ounces....I don't see need for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave33Ferriss. Show Dave33Ferriss's posts

Maybe I missed it, but how come the Toshiba Thrive isn't listed?  Besides being a great tablet it has USB, mini-USB, and HDMI ports and a full-sized SD card reader, along with all the other ususal stuff.

I installed a fine word processor in it that's Word compatible and a great panel keyboard and can do serious writing on it.

It's thicker than the usual tablets, but is a great substitute for a notebook.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dakaygees. Show dakaygees's posts

The only reason why I want to buy one is the up coming  holidays.  I will be taking two trips between Christmas and New Year's and I would like to leave the laptop at home.  I'm not a big Apple fan so I'm looking at the Lenovo or Motorola Zoom.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

When I see the pricing, advils or the CVS knock-offs with the fishy-glycerin coating.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HubbDave. Show HubbDave's posts

I have and love a Nook Color.  Good e-reader, good web browsing, Netflix coming next week, you can root it into a full Android, and can add 32GB memory with a microSDcard

The announced Nook Tablet totally owns the Fire

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhsumb. Show mhsumb's posts

In Response to Re: What tablets are you interested in?:
    Where is the wonderful Toshiba Thrive with its 2 usb port, one HDMI port and SD card reader?  It is far more versatile because of its connectivity. With the Honeycomb OS, it has and does everything you need. How did you miss this?
    Posted by leegart

I agree 100% - I've had my Thrive since July and I take it everywhere! The list in the article had the Motorola Xoom, which came out before the Thrive (and isn't nearly as good) - why leave the Thrive off? This is a glaring mistake IMHO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hubguyinarlington. Show hubguyinarlington's posts

I have a Dell Streak 7. It's not bad. One minor complaint is the stupid data sync/battery recharge cable. After about 3-4 months, the bending on the cable resulted in the cable insulation getting broken. I ordered another one from Amazon that had a better strain relief on the cable. I seriously think that Dell quality gets worse every year. The tablet works pretty well, but I think the tablets still have a way to go. There is still some web content out there that just does not behave very well with the tablet.

Why did I NOT buy an Ipad ? One word...Cost. My tablet cost $199 from Staples instead of $499 for 16 GB.

Sections
Shortcuts