1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonboy33. Show bostonboy33's posts

Re: What is your hangover cure?

Newton, you sound like a lot of fun to hang out with. NOT! The best cure for a hangover is to guzzle 12 oz. of Budweiser. Preferrably in a bottle, but a can works too. No draft. Then guzzle a second Bud five minutes later. Hangover gone and presto.......you feel great and want to go dancing again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HummBugg. Show HummBugg's posts

"I'm sticking with Jim2E.  I can't believe how many people here have gotten drunk enough times to have specific hangover cures.  How about just not drinking too much in the first place?"

I hear ya NewtonNewb, I tried, I really did try, not to get faced yesterday.......really I did.....but I had the day off and started listening to The Dropkicks and then two pals dropped over while I was cooking my Corned Beef dinner then my brother dropped by then we hit many drinking establishments..........and here I am today with another hangover.......can't bounce back like I used to, bein' 51 and all.......

but I did have a blast...........I think.........

Oh yeah, my cure? Get to work and work it off..........

I'll nevah drink again.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy. Show bigguy's posts

JIm2E and NewtonNewB-

You're shocked, shocked I say, that people are discussing hangover cures on a discussion board that asks for hangover cures?   If you didn't want to read about people who have hangovers, maybe you shouldn't have clicked the link.

Water and time are the only real cures. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SQA-Sleuth. Show SQA-Sleuth's posts

2 Alieve, lots of FUZE water and greasy cheese pizza works for me!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wewantthecup17. Show wewantthecup17's posts

Roll up a nice little bone and your problems will be miles away bra...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HummBugg. Show HummBugg's posts

where are you located wewantthecup17?? I'm comin' ovah!!

;^)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonboy33. Show bostonboy33's posts

See you in a bit WeWant! Can I bring Jim and Newton with me? Lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wewantthecup17. Show wewantthecup17's posts

hahaha we got plenty for everybody!! Talk about a beautiful thing. A lot of people won't give it a shot, but the hippie lettuce is undoubtedly THE best cure for a hangover. You want ways to help the budget deficit? Legalizing, or at least creating a medical "Cannabis club" like they have in California would bring all sorts of tax revenue to the state. Mass is already doing themselves some favors by decriminalizing it and saving tax dollar spent in the courts on people for example who just got caught with a bone. A surprisingly high percentage of college students spend thousands of dollars a year on it, especially in Boston, and much tax revenue is missed out upon by the current laws.
    Think about this. A good friend of mine's mother is a nurse in the emergency room in the city. She doesn't like the trees, but she says she's never seen anyone in 30 years of work get hurt from it, while she has seen some horrific outcomes from alcohol.
    If you're against grass don't do it. No need to condemn it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from POUNDSANDLADY. Show POUNDSANDLADY's posts

My cure works for me every time,bananna,gatorade and an Asprin or 2 if needed.Maybe a egg sandwich if my stomach is yelling at me.And a NewtonNewB- Pretty sure no one said they were over doseing on IB's and having a cure for something, can't beleive you think it's a bad thing,Weird!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from annemosy. Show annemosy's posts

In Response to Re: What is your hangover cure?:
    Ibuprophen 800, LARGE fountain soda, and a McD's double cheeseburger...perfect.
    Posted by aecance37

couldn't agree more.  Somehow the grease and fat content settles my stomach..... go figure! ???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MML. Show MML's posts

Gatorade, good old-fashioned Alka-Seltzer (the plain kind).
    If that stays down  ;-) , have some toast with jelly and tea with honey and milk.
    If that stays down ;-O  have some more toast with jelly and more tea!

Get moving asap - drink lots of water and gatorade. 

Once you have a settled stomach, you can take advil or tylenol to kill the headache!   

Good luck, and keep it under control. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbelason. Show tbelason's posts

pedialyte

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from factsnotfiction. Show factsnotfiction's posts

Drinking in moderation prevents hangovers Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moszna. Show Moszna's posts

#1)  Usuall morning ritual (#2) followed by a COLD shower.  Ice cold glass of coke, and back to bed.

#2)  Same as number one, cold gatorade, back to bed.

Either shall resurrect your head in 1-2 hours. 

As said above, alcholo dehydrates you.  It also slows down your metabolism (it is tecnhically, a depressant).  The best thing in the morning is to get yoru system going again, starting with a bowel movement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moszna. Show Moszna's posts

Oh, and for those recommending tylenol,  DON'T DO IT.  Tylenol is bad enough, and if you've been drinking, taking tylenol is a double-blitzkreig on your liver.  Stop taking the stuff immediately. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thatguy78. Show thatguy78's posts

drink a ton of water before bed to prevent the hangover.  When that doesn't work and you find yourself hungover------fountain coke from mcdonalds followed by a gatorade.  coke takes care of the nausea and gatorade hydrates.  Then a slice of greasy pizza.  the trifecta!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from matthewjunkemail. Show matthewjunkemail's posts

I'm with questioningobserver - You'd think in a city as Irish as Boston we'd have a more in-depth look at the Irish-American experience than where to get green Budweiser and how to cure the impending hangover.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

I haven't had a hangover in a long time.  I just wanted to comment drink something carbonated, if your stomach can handle it eat something whether it be something greasy or make some breakfast, scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, fruit and an english muffin with lots of butter..I always felt better after eating something. My late husband use to drink pickle juice.  We would be left with pickles with no juice. Cheers to those posters that can eat greasy pizza.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaisieFinn. Show MaisieFinn's posts

Big Mac, their fries drenched in ketchup, and diet Coke with lots of ice. 

Surefire remedy since college.  As a lightweight, I still have to revert to this once in a while, like this morning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dadadee. Show dadadee's posts

Psuedophed, the real stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skilbarton. Show Skilbarton's posts

I set a limit of how much I'm gonna drink before I get to the party. Then I make sure I give myself 3 hours after the last drink before I go to bed. If you got a hangover you just plain got too drunk the night before. And if I do decide to get good and drunk, I make sure I ain't driving and take the next day off and suffer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

Take a multivitamin and two ibuprofen the night before with a lot of water (if you're together enough to think of it!).  The multivitamin works wonders.  Otherwise, coke or ginger ale and ramen noodles the next day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigDaddyHutDog. Show BigDaddyHutDog's posts

Don't stop

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oYsTeRdUdE. Show oYsTeRdUdE's posts

everyone knows the only remedy that truly works everytime to cure a hangover is a fine joint of marijuana. headache gone instantly, stomach feels better. with an ice cold mountain dew to complete your breakfast of champions your good to go like you never drank 35 beers last night. plus being in the fine state of massachusetts you can do this legally. Just dont text and drive!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradsox04. Show bradsox04's posts

I think most of these "cures" you list are questionable at best. Here is what I do; it ALWAYS works. Before you go to bed, or even as you are drinking (if you think of it), drink as much water as you can. Plain water, H20. Eating - anything - also helps absorb the alcohol. If you really overdid it, take  a couple of your favorite pain killers before you go to bed. And drink more water every time you get up to pee in the night. You can forget about the herring, raw eggs, et al!

Sections
Shortcuts