1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

Worst experiences with travel

Share your experiences with airline delays - or any other airline travel horror stories.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlaz. Show victorlaz's posts

Re: Worst experiences with travel

Planned weekend in Toronto. Show up at Logan - my son's passport just expired. Ok - we will cancel. The air Canada attendants tell us - if you go to the federal building downtown you could get a renewal today and we could get you on a later flight. Ok - it's an adventure. Long story short, it turns out to be impossible to get new passport that day, and now we've missed the flight. Best of all - air Canada won't refund anything at all for the tickets. I wanted to cancel in the morning and accept a cancellation fee, but after trying to renew the passport - their suggestion - now they refuse to refund anything and we are out $1000. Thank's, air Canada.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downeast88. Show Downeast88's posts

On a Delta flight from Maine to Detroit last week through NYC. Due to air traffic control problems, delayed out of Maine for 45 minutes. I arrive at my connecting gate in LaGuardia with one minute to spare, the counter agent takes my boarding pass...and then another agent comes out of the jetway and says I'm too late to board.

Sigh. Okay. So after waiting for nearly twenty minutes for the gate agent to address it (there was no one else in line, mind you, they were just doing other things), they finally rebook me on another flight four hours later.

In the meantime, I see that there is a flight that leaves for Detroit in an hour. I go to that gate, and unless I have "Gold/Silver/Platinum/Diamond Medallion" status, they won't even let me PAY to get on the standby list.

Never again, if I can help it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

It had to be on Virgin Atlantic on a trip to London.  The seats were uncomfortable, the crew was rude, the food was lousy and the movie selection was P*** poor.

The best was Northwestern going and coming from Amsterdam.  The crew was great the seats were roomy and comfy, the food was great and they let me get completely hammered!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

victoriaz wow Air Canada didn't give you a refund!  I am actually shocked because they gave me a refund.  But then again my flight was scheduled for 9/14/01 and nobody was leaving via air travel.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abroaduni. Show abroaduni's posts

Yeah,May be sometimes it happen unfortunately,but I usually travel outside the country and I never faced this kind of problem before luckily.Thank god......

Well,Thanks for sharing your travel experiences guys!!!

emigrate to canada

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfaulk. Show ccfaulk's posts

This is Air Canadas fault? You are leaving the country and you never checked your kids passport?

In Response to Re: Worst experiences with travel:
    [QUOTE]Planned weekend in Toronto. Show up at Logan - my son's passport just expired. Ok - we will cancel. The air Canada attendants tell us - if you go to the federal building downtown you could get a renewal today and we could get you on a later flight. Ok - it's an adventure. Long story short, it turns out to be impossible to get new passport that day, and now we've missed the flight. Best of all - air Canada won't refund anything at all for the tickets. I wanted to cancel in the morning and accept a cancellation fee, but after trying to renew the passport - their suggestion - now they refuse to refund anything and we are out $1000. Thank's, air Canada.
    Posted by victorlaz[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

I booked a cruise online from Philly to Bermuda.  We had to fly from Boston to Philly..upon arriving at Logan at 6am we learned the online company cancelled our flights without us knowing and left 7 of us scrambling. It took 4 extra hours to get there but Delta got us there 30 minutes before the cruise left.  On the cruise our kids got food poisoning  (stay away from buffet dinners) and had to stay in their rooms until it passed. Once off the cruise in Philly we go to the airport and again our tickets were cancelled...Keep in mind this was April school vacation.  We hooked up with a connecting flight that took us from Philly down to North Carolina then back up to Boston.  Lesson learned: Never book online with a small company, stay away from buffet dinners on cruises and call the airlines before taking off.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Been on many cruises and have never gotten sick from the buffet line.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeldaKirkan. Show SeldaKirkan's posts

Delta Flight from Istanbul to Miami with 10+ hours delay.

Selda@Miami

Sections
Shortcuts