1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Questions about parking in Greater Boston

Parking in the city can be confusing - and costly - for city-dwellers and commuters who are not used to reading the signs. Are there any parking situations that do not make sense to you? Have you ever received a parking ticket as a result of this confusion?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankfurters. Show frankfurters's posts

Re: Questions about parking in Greater Boston

One question that wasn't asnwered - can a car with a resident permit park in a visitor spot?  Once in awhile, a visitor spot may be the only available space, or closest to a resident's door.  Would they get ticketed immediatley for misuse of the space? Subject to the 2 hour limit during the day? Free to park there all day? 

Also, this wasn't mentioned but you can exceed the 2 hour limit in the evening and overnight hours - just be wary of overnight street sweeping on many main roads!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fishwood. Show Fishwood's posts

Are you sure there is no minimum distance for driveways? I got a tow and ticket in Cambridge ostensibly for being too close to a driveway. (The real reason was my roommates had borrowed my car the week before and parked in someone's private parking space. [And while I was parking someone came out of the driveway, so I know it wasn't blocked.])

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcLCooper. Show MarcLCooper's posts

I noticed that sign for what you termed a "speed bump"  actually reads "speed hump".  Sounds like the culmination of a successful speed dating session to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdmasonneu. Show jdmasonneu's posts

The writer of this quiz needs to use more clarifying words.  The word 'near' which she uses in both the hydrant and driveway example mean two different things.  In the hydrant case, she says you "can't" park near it, meaning within 10 feet is defined as 'near'.  But in the driveway case, you CAN park 'near' it.  A better word to use would have been "next to", which could have applied to both scenarios without confusion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from liz02131. Show liz02131's posts

You have the answer to may i park in front of driveway as:

Answer: Yes, but keep the rules in mind

It is not permissible to park on a public street in front of any portion of a driveway for any reason.

Do you not see the contradiction in what you wrote? In other words, yes, but no? Why shuld we take this seriously when you can't make your point clearly and correctly?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve@Lang. Show Steve@Lang's posts

This is a post I have been putting everywhere...its not totally related to this subject but here goes...

I have an issue that I don’t really know who to go to, but here goes. I live around the corner from the Mcdonald’s on California Street. Three weeks ago, I had a very aggressive pick up truck barrel by me and the occupant swore and beeped at me for being a bit closer to the center lane on the street as I was making a turn onto California. The dude is a neighbor apparently and as I talked about this incident with another neighbor, he told me this same driver flies down the street and blasts by his house and they live across the street from each other! There are two houses on the end of Allison that have small children too! So I talked with another neighbor and she said that she was gettin g out of her car a few months back and the driver swerved closer to her instead of away from her, twice because apparently he made a loop onto L.A. street and then back around again! Another neighbor I talked to said as she was being dropped off by a friend, this same pick up drove up on the curb to go around them!!! The pick up’s plate number is 78MW21 and the truck is a F150 Black. So if anyone has anything happen to them that they might need to report to the proper people, this is your man. The truck also has some crossbars on the back. He lives at 92 Allison Street Newton MA.

Read more: OPEN THREAD: Life in Newton | Newton TAB Blog http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/newton/2012/08/24/open-thread-life-in-newton-5/#ixzz26urbwo3Y

Sections
Shortcuts