1. You have chosen to ignore posts from plaintext. Show plaintext's posts

February 2011 Scavanger Hunt Contest?

Any word on this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralekato. Show ralekato's posts

Re: February 2011 Scavanger Hunt Contest?

I agree, It has now been 5 months since this contest ended. I know I got all 28 shots. Sounds like someone really dropped the ball on this one. Please give us an update.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ULB. Show ULB's posts

I have been wondering the same thing for months.  This contest got me interested in photography and I took all 28 photos.  It has been very disappointing to never have seen a resolution and winner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nvecchi. Show nvecchi's posts

The February contest was the first I entered, I got all 28 photos as well. I watched as March and April were judged pretty quickly, so I entered May's contest. Now I am still waiting on the results for February and May. I don't know if this is even worth it anymore...

My biggest issue is that no one has even posted an update to let us know what is going on, I understand the February contest was a lot to go through, but I just think some type of update is just common courtesy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaTransplant. Show CarolinaTransplant's posts

Not to play devil's advocate, but they did give an update on this contest on 3/21.  I certainly think that more than enought time has passed, and the delay in the May contest update is even more ridiculous, but for those that are criticizing the lack of an update...

http://www.boston.com/community/photos/raw/2011/03/scavenger_hunt_update.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gracie136. Show gracie136's posts

I too have been watching for an update weekly.   At this point, if you have all 28 and all are at least a pic of the requested item everyone should be declared a winner.  The Globe should absorb the cost for handling this so badly.  The rules were changed too many times and left to self-interpretation.  For example, they said a clock set to 8 o'clock - so does that mean only a pic of the face or front of the clock will be considered incorrect? It should not because it is a pic of the clock, just not the entire clock - but the rule did not say take a pic of the entire clock. So again interpretation.  Anyone who had all 28 worked hard. I myself looked everywhere for a Boston Terrier when others took a pic from a book or magazine.  I assumed they wanted a pic of a live animal - again an interpretation but why would one be wrong when we weren't told the animal must be live.  I could go on and on, but as you say, BP fixed the oil well long before this contest has declared a winner. It's too bad that we had such fun doing this fun hunt in February and the winners have not been named. So I will say congrats to all who completed the shots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from one23four. Show one23four's posts

Perfect example.. someone simply asking for a quick update and 20 days goes by w/o a response.  I really enjoyed the Febuary (and May) contests, and I understand understaffing and being busy.  But this is just disrespectful to those who put forth a lot of energy and effort.  A two minute response is all we're looking for.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from L-F. Show L-F's posts

Just FYI:  Teresa did give us a quick update in the comment section of the September contest page:

http://www.boston.com/community/photos/raw/2011/09/september_contest_theme_outdoo.html

In Response to Re: February 2011 Scavanger Hunt Contest?:
    [QUOTE]          *       Bump        *
    Posted by Tele00[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBarker. Show TheBarker's posts

Folks, I do owe you an apology for not finishing the February contest yet. As you can see, I'm catching up with the other monthly contests first. It's simply because I have so much on my plate.

I was the programming chair for a major online news convention that was held here in Boston a couple of weekends ago, and that was an enormous amount of work for almost an entire year.

In addition, I am responsible for our article comments, forums, Moms site, Pets site, our Community Voices bloggers, our New England Blog Network of other external bloggers, our Stories to Inspire section, and our social media strategy and efforts on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

We're in the middle of re-launching the new BostonGlobe.com site with the new subscription model in place, as well as thinking about how to reconfigure Boston.com.

With all of that, a few things had to slip, and the February contest was one of them. But as soon as I get the August and September winners posted, I will turn my attention back to that contest and get it finished. You all worked too hard on it, and I really appreciate that.

- Teresa

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from john825. Show john825's posts

Re: delays in judging events

I suggest that we have one month without a contest in order for a little catch up on all the other monthlies.  Too much time between the event and reinforcement will lead to frustration and a decrease in interest and participation. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vmsmith3. Show vmsmith3's posts

I agree with Deflumeri. Teresa, would this suggestion help you catch up? I love the idea of the RAW monthly photo contests, gear updates, and photography exhibit reviews - it has definitely pushed me to become a better photographer (I am sure I'm not the only one who feels this way). I think it's exciting RAW has become popular but, even if you are swamped, posting an update on delayed contests should be a common courtesy for your faithful followers.

Looking forward to February, Septemeber, October, November and December contest results!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gracie136. Show gracie136's posts

Would be nice to clear 28 photo's from Flickr....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tele00. Show Tele00's posts

I don't think there is a need to have 12 contests a year . I think it creates an overwhelming task . That's a lot of judges to find in a short amount of time and once you fall behind it creates a snowball effect that is hard to recover from. I think Teresa should change the format and simply announce a theme and a deadline as the year passes... maby only 5 or 6 a year . I think it would be easier for her to find judges and would take a lot of pressure of both the folks running the contest, and the photographers. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slugh. Show slugh's posts

It's been nearly a year since the February 2011 RAW contest. This was the first RAW contest I entered and I enjoyed it a lot.  I worked on the project with my 12 year old son (who's almost 14 now). He and were both eager to see the results. Since then all we've heard from Teresa is excuses that she's too busy doing other things to finish that but that she'll get to it soon. We've been hearing this since March 2011.  This is her JOB and we her customers. If I told the customers at my job that I couldn't do the work I promised for them because I was too busy with other projects, I'd be fired.  I suggest that Teresa consider stepping down from her job and I suggest that the Globe consider replacing her.  Her poor performance does not live up to the high standards established by the Boston Globe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tele00. Show Tele00's posts

Considering that I'm pretty sure that this entire site was her creation...it's free, and it's done out of the goodness of her heart ...that sounds a tad harsh , and not exactly a way of saying ..." thanks for giving us a place to showcase something that we love to " .......This site continues to give us a fresh new idea of something to create...... I don't care about a prize , I just love the involvement and competition. Nobody will argue that the Feb contest is long overdue for a decision , but I'm pretty sure without Teresa....there is no Raw...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kseiffer. Show kseiffer's posts

I echo your thoughts Tele00.  Without Teresa RAW would not even exist.  I believe this was her special project outside of her actual job she gets paid for.  I understand people being frustrated about the delay with the results of the Feb2011 contest, but even without hearing a "winner"  I still enjoyed every minute of that scavenger hunt photo quest and looking at photos others took on Flickr.  I would do it again in a second.  Yes it's nice to see the winners and read the commentary from judges about what appealed to them in the photos, but to me that is just the added bonus.  Having these monthly themes gives me motivation to get out there, take pictures and continue to work on improving my photography skills. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slugh. Show slugh's posts

I could be wrong but I'm almost certain that Teresa Hanafin is a PAID employee of boston.com. She is listed as "Director of User Engagement and Social Media." This is not a volunteer position.  She does not just do this contest "out of the goodness of her heart." It is her JOB to run the RAW contest and to carry through as promised.  By failing to adequately communicate, let alone judge, the February contest, she has failed at her job. 

I'm not looking for a prize or even necessarily to have the contest judged, since it is obvious that Hanafin got in over her head. We would just like adequate, timely, and honest communication. This is not too much to ask for.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike Bufis. Show Mike Bufis's posts

Oh c'mon, slugh... that's way out of line. I'm as eager as anyone else to see the results. Did she get in over head? Possibly. I can just imagine the monumental task she had in hand. Did she provide adequate, timely communication? I think she responded to every "what's up?" query that I saw. If you've been following along, you know that a lot of circumstances came to bear in her work environment that forced her to shift priorities and, well, February 2011 may have fallen somewhat by the wayside. What's the big deal? Especially if you have no interest in the outcome? Why the personal tirade? Most of us had a blast with that theme and I for one am grateful just to have had the opportunity to participate. I would love another scavenger hunt! Let's not make this a reason for her not to have another one. I think Theresa has worked hard all year with meager resources and done a great job to keep RAW and the monthly challenges alive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackC1. Show JackC1's posts

In a Gigabytes item "Contests Update" dated Nov. 14, Teresa wrote, "As for the Scavenger Hunt contest, I will finish checking all the submissions by the end of this week and have it judged next week."  Has anything happened since then?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tele00. Show Tele00's posts

Yes ...3 months have passed ..........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vmsmith3. Show vmsmith3's posts

Can we go back to the Flickr sharing?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nvecchi. Show nvecchi's posts

and now another 6 months have passed....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LCNY. Show LCNY's posts

my Feb 2011 photos have been sitting the required flickr folder for at least 18 months.  The folder has not been viewed in over a year.  I'm guessing that Boston.com will not be judging this contest, as promised, over and over again.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackC1. Show JackC1's posts

What does Hunt's Photo & Video, the sponsor for the Scavanger Hunt's prizes, have to say about this year and a half delay in judging?  Have they put any pressure on RAW to get it done?  Having their name associated with this fiasco doesn't do them any good, particularly with those of us who entered the Hunt.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tele00. Show Tele00's posts

I deal with Hunts all the time...they ROCK  ....I agree that I'm sure they dont want their name associated with this debacle .. It's simply nothing more , nothing less than an insult to those that entered . and frankly the entries in the past few months are an example of what they had built vs. what they have become .... Move on .... seriously ....just don't even waste your time here ...

Sections
Shortcuts