1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nateflynn. Show nateflynn's posts

RAW

When do you actually judge the entries and pick winners?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Englishman in Boston. Show Englishman in Boston's posts

Re: RAW

Good question @nateflynn.  I'm still waiting to see the results of the August competition and it's October now.  I feel like the site has been a little neglected lately but maybe I'm just missing something.  Hopefully we'll hear soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackC1. Show JackC1's posts

@76059562796246a1fbcb0ff4b9028cb0,  do you realize that the articles in the slideshow at the top of the page haven't been updated since July 1st and some go back to early May? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ULB. Show ULB's posts

August results are nothing.....many of us are still waiting for February results

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ning. Show ning's posts

RAW is so disorganized, i think it time for someone who has the time for this should take over!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from L-F. Show L-F's posts

In Response to Re: RAW:
    [QUOTE]Good question @nateflynn.  I'm still waiting to see the results of the August competition and it's October now.  I feel like the site has been a little neglected lately but maybe I'm just missing something.  Hopefully we'll hear soon.
    Posted by Englishman in Boston[/QUOTE]

I believe the August contest was the "Rule of Thirds", wasn't it?   Those results are up:

http://www.boston.com/community/photos/raw/2011/12/rule_of_thirds_photo_contest_t.html

The top 50 from that same contest are here:

http://www.boston.com/community/photos/raw/2011/12/rule_of_thirds_photo_contest_f.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joan-elizabeth. Show joan-elizabeth's posts

I was having alot of fun with these contests and looking forward to them each month.  But now...more than a bit disappointed.  Six months of judging yet to be done. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackC1. Show JackC1's posts

As of today it's now exactly ONE YEAR since the February Scavenger Hunt ended and still no results.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffvalois. Show jeffvalois's posts

In Response to Re: RAW:
    [QUOTE]As of today it's now exactly ONE YEAR since the February Scavenger Hunt ended and still no results.
    Posted by JackC1[/QUOTE]

I think it's fair to say RAW is pretty much dead. It's a shame because there is obviously enough support from the photographers (both amateur and pro) to keep it going.

There are months worth of contests that are yet to be judged, a 13 month old scavenger hunt that hasn't been touched, and a bunch of stale content. Teresa and Boston.com...either get someone who is going to stay on top of this and keep people engaged or blow this thing up. Please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nvecchi. Show nvecchi's posts

Not only has no one responded here, I have sent emails with no response either, it is very unprofessional either way. I don't really care about who wins anymore, but an answer either way is just common courtesy . Too many people spent way too much time on a month of photos for the scavenger hunt in February, myself included, not to mentions all the other months competions that they entered. The whole site looks abandoned.

Just my 2 cents.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gracie136. Show gracie136's posts

I sent an email recently and also have not received a response.  Sad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boscom56. Show boscom56's posts

This was really a good section. It has been neglected for bigger and better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vmsmith3. Show vmsmith3's posts

Okay, now what's going on. New pictures in the Jan category are not changing. Are people not entering them or are they not getting posted?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tad7342. Show tad7342's posts

I submitted two comments, polite comments at the end of the article telling us that the problem was fixed and that the new April topic would be announced soon.  Not only were my comments never posted but the entire section appears to have been abandoned.  Has some management decision about RAW been made that the public does not know about?  It is disappointing because I had a lot of fun with it.  It was a lively and vital place for amatuers photographers to show their work and learn how to improve their craft.  Please give us an update.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gracie136. Show gracie136's posts

I guess we should all wake up and smell the roses.  April Fools everyone. Maybe the scavenger hunt was only in our dreams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vmsmith3. Show vmsmith3's posts

Yes, please let us know what is happening! We all love RAW and it's been so frustrating experiencing and whitnessing its decline - especially with a supportive community. The lack of communication is especially insulting!
    WHAT. IS. GOING. ON?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from D1017. Show D1017's posts

The April contest theme should be 'Photo Judging' not 'Photo Editing'. 

Can anyone explain why RAW is holding an April contest when judging is 8 months behind??? 

I also don't understand why Teresa appears to pop into RAW once a month to post a contest and continues to string everyone along with regard to getting caught up on judging.  She promised to get caught up and even named a judge in November!  I didn't personally participate in the scavenger hunt contest but can understand why those who did are aggrevated. 

I'll be shocked if this gets posted since RAW never 'approves' any of my [completely reasonable and calm] comments/questions about the contests and lack of communication.  If the new uploading tool is the problem, go back to Flickr.  It was way better anyway.