4th of July noise. Question for Angell Vets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: 4th of July noise. Question for Angell Vets

7/08      Update:  We had some dramatic thunder and lightening between 1pm and 2pm,  and he did very well with his jacket on,  calmer and much less trembling, no whimpering,  he was still clingy and wanted to be right next to me, but that's ok,  I put the jacket on him about one hour before it started.  I am pleased with this product and would recommend it.   www.thundershirt.com     I'm not sure how well it would work for a severe case,  he's kind of in the moderate range, if we weren't able to moniter him during storms I would definitely talk to my vet about medication,  cause he gets more upset if left alone.   I hate to say it but it kind of reminds me of an old-fashioned strait-jacket, but in a good way!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think it has to fit the dog very well to work so the pressure points of the jacket align with the stress-relieving pressure points of the dog, and it has to be tight enough to exert enough pressure. 

I'm wondering if the bad reviews ("not much difference") are from dog owners who didn't have the right size, on the dog properly, etc.  Accupressure is well documented as effective, but, like anything, it has to be applied properly.

Glad it works for you guys!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Bad reviews? I didn't see any.   The jacket is well made with adjustable straps, nice soft comfortable material, you can make it as snug as you need to, several sizes to choose from.    I don't work for them.  I just like to share when I find a good product.   It works like a continuous hug,  they feel safe and cozy.        Recommended by veterinarians.   http://www.thundershirt.com/Endorsements/     http://vetmedicine.about.com/b/2011/05/02/thundershirt-product-review.htm                 http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/features/mutts/blog/2011/07/unleashed_revie w_the_thundersh.html                 It's not a miracle cure but it helps, some dogs may also need medication,  as always consult with your vet.         

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cool!  I just wanted to offer possible explanations for bad reviews since a previous poster noted that she'd seen some.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Thundershirt

http://msp.petfulfillment.com/productdetail.php?productid=2283 Thundershirt is now available at the MSPCA  Store!!!    The Fourth of July is coming, be prepared!   

You may also like

Anti-Boredom Twist'n Treat
    Anti-Boredom Twist'n Treat
    $ 9.95 - $ 18.95

Canine Comfy Cone
    Canine Comfy Cone
    $ 14.95 - $ 29.95

Calming Thundershirt TM

Does a thunderstorm, infrequent travel, and separation from yours truly send your pet into an absolute frenzy? The ThundershirtTM is a proven remedy that calms a fearful or over-excited dog by applying gentle, constant pressure to his torso. This pressure wrap design with its inherent calming effect has been used by human caretakers for centuries. An effective and immediate drug-free solution to the 16 million dogs that suffer from anxiety in the US alone!

• Durable, washable fabric
    • Easy on/off with simple Velcro® closure
    • Recommended by veterinarians across the country
    • Effective training tool to help dogs better focus
    • Completely safe
    • Sizes: XXS -2XL based on weight and chest size

See Size Chart for proper fit.

#2283 $39.95                                 Available for Cats now too!

Size:
    SelectXX Small -- $ 39.95X Small -- $ 39.95Small -- $ 39.95Medium -- $ 39.95Large -- $ 39.95X Large -- $ 39.952X Large -- $ 39.95

Gift Wrap this item

Quantity:

Article: Size Chart for Calming Thundershirt

Dog Store | Cat Store | My Cart | Order Tracking | Customer Service | Homepage

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

With Summer and thunderstorms around the corner I thought this thread was worth bumping up (see 1st question by OP).

I have had good results with the Thundershirt.

Are the vets still using Clomicalm for severe cases?