a young fat cat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rafaelarebecca. Show Rafaelarebecca's posts

a young fat cat

My male tiger cat started gaining excess weight around 10 months. His sister is a thin/healthy weight. We try to limit his food (Science Diet, dry) but it is hard because we want his sister to get enough food. They have separate bowls, but he eats out of hers when she's not around. He has some small rolls around his middle. His weight seems to have stablized, but he is too young to have a weight issue!  They are indoor cats; I feed them 3/4 cup dry food twice a day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: a young fat cat

http://community.petco.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=science+diet  (double-click)

I feed my pets twice a day (supervised), if they don't eat or finish their food after about 20 minutes, I assume they are not hungry and I pick it up and put it in the fridg,  they will be offered food at the next meal time.

No need to leave food out all day, just fresh water.

Are they getting enough exercise?  Have you tried the wand thing?

Check the Petco forums for ideas.

Good luck.

PS: For those with outdoor cats with unexplained weight gain, make sure the neighbors aren't feeding them....