deleted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

deleted

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Cat Dental Care

In Response to Cat Dental Care:
    Could the Angell vets post some information regarding gingivitis and recommended treatment.  We recently had a discussion about this subject in  the "Pets" forum.   TIA
    Posted by dog-lady

Thanks, but if this is for my benefit, the Angell vet can save his time and breath. I am NOT getting my cat's teeth cleaned until his life is threatened by his teeth. It's not.  He is perfectly healthy.  He has not been diagnosed w/ gingivitis.  Freaking let it go.  If I thought you were at all concerned for my cat, I wouldn't get so wound up, but it's just b/c you need to be 'right' and have some 'expert' or vet agree with your position so you can say "See!  I TOLD you so".  I completely disagree with you on this point and will never agree. Besides, the Angell vet is not going to be drumming up any business from me b/c I live in the DC area and am no where near an Angell vet. 

OF COURSE a vet is going to say to have a dental cleaning if an animal has been diagnosed w/ gingivitis.  My cat does not have gingivitis so there is no need for a 'routine' dental cleaning.  There is nothing 'routine' about surgery, which is what cat dental cleaning is.  For dogs, it's a different story. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

Wow, what a busybody...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Do you have a cat?  I didn't get that impression from your others posts since you referenced 'friends who had cats who told you X'.  Your name, dog-lady, would indicate that you have dogs.  Therefore, your agenda seems to be to show that you are right.

BTW, no one but you had a discussion about gingivitis. You have come to the conclusion that my cat has gingivitis, never having met or examined my cat.  The vet did not say that my cat had gingivitis. She said he may have gingivitis based on a literally 2 second exam [she pulled back his lip and said 'oh look' and turned him toward me and then dropped his lip- she spent less time doing that than it takes to count to 5, saying Mississippi in between numbers] from start to finish and that she recommended routine dental cleanings for all cat owners.  It was not anything that I would call a 'dental exam' that would be sufficient to make a diagnosis of disease, which is what gingivitis is. 

You can continue to play passive aggressive and go the 'I just love all animals' route to hide the fact that you do have an agenda, which is to prove yourself right. I have no idea why you have such a need to be told by a vet that you are right.  Of course, if an animal has a disease it should be treated. A dental cleaning for cats would be a recommended and appropriate  treatment IF a cat has gingivitis.  What you are missing here is that my cat has NOT been diagnosed w/ gingivitis.   I fully intend to bring my cat to a new vet and have him be thoroughly checked out.  But unless and until I am told that my cat will suffer or be in pain if I don't do a particular treatment BECAUSE he has a DIAGNOSED DISEASE, then I am not subjecting my cat to needless treatments and procedures. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

One way to assuredly make people feel unwelcome is to foist an agenda on them when they ask a simple question, judging their decisions and making jabs at them. Who wants to ask a question or get involved in a discussion when that's what they see?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Alf,

You said that perfectly but don't waste your breath on doglady who I suspect is actually someone else under a new name.  Same agenda and obnoxious insistance on being right and promoting shelters and Petco.  

Well said RFBF, but she will never get it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Thanks, RFBF and amber girl. I'll spend my time more productively rather than argue w/ a brick wall. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I pretended to not know it was her pretty early in the fence thread; I was hoping she'd give herself a fresh start.  But, she's made it so obvious, now, there's no point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I knew right away too Kar.  Was hoping the same thing.  You are right, no point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: deleted

officious [əˈfɪʃəs]
    adj
    1. unnecessarily or obtrusively ready to offer advice or services
    2. marked by such readiness
    3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) Diplomacy informal or unofficial
    4. Obsolete attentive or obliging

Adj.1.officious - intrusive in a meddling or offensive manner; "an interfering old woman"; "bustling about self-importantly making an officious nuisance of himself"; "busy about other people's business"
    intrusive - tending to intrude (especially upon privacy); "she felt her presence there was intrusive"

If you aren't going to stand by your posts, but delete them instead when you don't like the response they receive, perhaps you should think twice about offering advice on topics where none was requested.  Answer questions posed if you have relevant information, but don't go off on tangents and then start your own posts to offer advice for problems that don't exist.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great word!  How's this for usage?  

An officious robin by any other name would still be a bird brain.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruthcatrin. Show ruthcatrin's posts

In Response to Re: deleted:
    Great word!  How's this for usage?   An officious robin by any other name would still be a bird brain.  
    Posted by kargiver

Oh good, I'm not the only one who was thinking that....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

dog-lady, thank you for posting this thread and for calling attention to the issue of feline gingivitis

Kitty dental health is very important and should never be neglected. Willful neglect IMO is a form of animal abuse

If you know of a negligent/abusive pet owner, please report her immediately to the MSPCA. If the pet owner isnt from around here, then inform on her to the animal protection organization in her local area (like, for instance. Washington DC)

Thank you again, dog-lady

Ive never posted in this forum before today, but I am a longtime admirer of yours. Your love for animals and your genuine concern for their safety and well-being inspire me

Keep up the good work
    Ignore the haters

Peace

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Ache not - - - 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ache,

You can not seriously, judge us and call us haters on this one posting.  Robin loves to post something to get everyone going and then deletes what she says. There have been numereous topics where she does not listen to what the issue is, just keeps pounding away with her petco, shelter, peta links.  We are all responsible pet owners so I personally am offended you think we are neglectful to them.  The original topic isn't even on this post.  Robin took it upon herself to start a new one AGAIN asking the Angel Vets about gingivitis, this after she was told the original posters cat does not have that!  We are all aware of what that is and how to treat it.   Surprised you would post without knowing the background.  But then again, how could you when Robin deletes her comments.

ETA: After posting to Robin/Dog Lady and realizing how justified we are in our reaction to her, I say I probably am a hater and own it and I am ok with that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Robin/Dog Lady,

Your information is old and anyone can get by googling.  People here give REAL LIFE examples of what they have experienced with their animals. You just post link after link.  You don't even have a cat, so that is kind of funny.  I don't know why you push your agenda for Petco (Banfield Hospital is the worse) and animal shelters and Peta.  You told a poster who's animal died to get another one ASAP and you gave links to animal shelters.  You made me ill when you said that, with no consideration for that poster who may be grieving the loss of their pet. You were pushing your agenda as always and that is why you are not liked on here. If that makes me a hater, then so be it.  I'm a hater with no regrets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Stop pushing your agenda

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

Nothing is more annoying than someone posting something, then deleting it, except perhaps re-posting it so that it's the most recent post because it didn't get the expected reaction the first time.

Even if your original post is gone, the responses are still there. That makes the open forum extremely confusing and illogical to these new pet owners you claim you are trying to help.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ache, I agree with ambergirl, you have no business sticking your nose into this, and Robin makes it impossible to go back and show you what we're talking about because she deletes her offensive posts after they cause negative reactions.  So, if you read what's left it looks like we pick on poor, innocent, helpful Robin.  Boo hoo. Cry  Why do you think she changed her name to dog-lady?  She blew her chance at redefining her persona here very quickly in the (now modified/cleaned up) fence thread.   I'd give her some tips to make the next screen name work out better for her, but she has already dismissed me as a vengeful purveyor of psychobabble so why bother. 

If you want to keep butting in, at least follow her posts in a more timely fashion so they don't get edited or deleted first.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

This is what you posted AFTER Alf told you her cat did not have gingivitas. You are offensive and don't listen. 

Could the Angell vets post some information regarding gingivitis and recommended treatment.  We recently had a discussion about this subject in  the "Pets" forum.   TIA
    Posted by dog-lady

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If she weren't offensive, we wouldn't have recognized her as robin to begin with, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, Ache is not seriously judging all of us - just as he is not seriously paying DogLady a compliment.  He's bored and stirring the pot yet again.

Sections
Shortcuts