deleted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: deleted

Well, he sure succeeded in getting my ire up!

ETA:  He has a history, though, of defending her.  I don't know why.

And, if she's as blue as her new avatar says she is, maybe she should have tried harder to be pleasant as dog-lady.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I don't know tt.  They are friends on the The Commoners.  I think he was serious, but he didn't know the entire story. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So, why let what he says bother you?  Do you care that much what he thinks one way or the other?  Believe me, he's sitting back having a good laugh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Because I feel her behavior is indefensible, and the idea of defending it (seriously or not) pushes my buttons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I feel like Kar does tt.  I don't usually get upset and will just ignore people (as I am going to do with her) but that pushed my buttons too.  I enjoy these boards and she is pushing her agenda constantly in a very passive agressive way. It gets in the way of the real issue people are trying to get help with.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As with Ache when we found his posts offensive, all you have to do is hit that "ignore" button.  Everyone has a right to post on the boards and she has a "mission".  If we don't agree with what she's peddling, we don't have to read.  Just as when the Jehovah Witnesses come knocking at my door trying to push their religious literature down my throat, I simply don't answer the door.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Stop playing the victim, dog-lady.  Grow up and be respectful, and you won't have to be on the receiving end of negative comments.  You'll be happy to know I'm going back to ignoring you and everything about you, too, after a brief attempt (one that you put the kibosh on by being your old, immature, offensive self) to let you be someone people like.  If you wanted to be well liked, you could have been.  No one would have guessed that dog-lady wasn't really a new poster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have already decided to "ignore" Robin/Dog Lady every time she posts.  But I stand by what i said to her and Ache.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Ache, had my original post that dog lady responded to actually been about gingivitis, that would be one thing.  I asked if anyone had over the counter items that they had used to clean their cat's teeth as part of a daily regimen.  This was due to a annual exam that my cat had in which NO diagnosis of gingivitis was made; instead it was a 2 second visual exam where 'it may be gingivitis' was mentioned in an effort to do a hard sell on expensive dental work.  This expensive work was 'routine dental cleaning' according to my vet [not b/c of any problem] and something that she advocates for all cat owners [most likely so that she can continue pay the mortgage on her vacation house and not b/c the pets actually need that kind of work done].  Dental cleaning for cat's is major surgery. It's not like simply getting your dog's teeth brushed at the vet.  [and unlike doglady, I actually have had both dogs and cats so I do know that there is a vast difference between their dental care]. 

Number one, dog lady did not seem to have any personal experience w/ cat's or feline dental health.  All her references were to what friends w/ cats told her.  Secondly, she harped continuously on the fact that my cat, whom she has never seen before and whom no vet has ever diagnosed w/ gingivitis [which is a disease], had a disease and that I needed to schedule surgery for dental care right away!  When I told her she needed to let it go and that she was wrong about my cat, she told me it was a public board and that somehow she was providing a PSA for all cat owners [even though she apparently has no personal experience w/ cats].  She then took it upon herself to start a new post asking the Angel vet, who also had never examined my pet, to weigh in on the dangers of gingivitis, apparently in an attempt to frighten me into scheduling surgery for my cat [when anaesthesia may in fact kill older cats and it is NOT recommended that they be put under if they have never been under it before and there is no compelling need for it]. My cat has no compelling need for dental surgery.

I find it hard to believe that the Angell vet just happened to pick feline gingivitis as a topic, particularly when he has been MIA for so long. I'm sure someone called or emailed incessantly and officiously to continue to harp on this point.  I don't know what kind of mental illness [bird flu?] someone has to continue to harp on this point when they clearly do not have any experience w/ feline dental health and my cat is perfectly healthy.  But I am starting to consider it a personal attack. It is utterly ridiculous that my perfectly healthy cat's teeth are of such concern to someone who lives 500 miles away.  Do you really need to be 'right' or to have the last word that much?  Maybe it's time to seek some professional help for that need. 

I'm sorry, but it is in fact officious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

By Dog Lady:  In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aAmateur+PhotographyForum%3a2c177610-90b6-4231-912f-8846db9e515fDiscussion%3a2aeaf421-fad5-4a74-a5d3-b15d5a5c113a&plckFindPostKey=Cat:Amateur%20PhotographyForum:2c177610-90b6-4231-912f-8846db9e515fDiscussion:2aeaf421-fad5-4a74-a5d3-b15d5a5c113aPost:1fdfc665-1e85-418e-8d7d-deaf00d6a45a">Re: Cat Dental Care:
    In Response to Cat Dental Care : Thanks, but if this is for my benefit, the Angell vet can save his time and breath.  
    Posted by ALF72

The original post was deleted due to the above comment,  I should have clarified this sooner.  Despite my deleting the question,  I have no control over which questions Angel vet chooses to answer.   To a new pet owner this information may be new.  If you don't like my posts, don't read them.                 EDA:  The original post was copied in the above poster's comment for all to see.

If that were really the case, the following would not have been your immediate response to that post of mine: 

Dog Lady:  This is an open forum read by many people.  The information provided may be useful to some of them.  My agenda is to help animals and their owners by providing as many options as they may need.  I know it seems like only a handful of people post here,  but hopefully others will feel welcome to join in the discussions.

Followed by this response to Ache:

Dog Lady: Thank you for your kind words,  I do the best I can to provide helpful information.

Instead, you seem to be playing some kind of game and creating some kind of 'oh woe is me, people are so mean and pick on me' persona.  

I would have hit 'reply to this post' and had everything 'quote' properly, but my page is not loading correctly and I don't have that option.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

Having a cat’s teeth cleaned is not something that should be taken lightly.  My old vet kept pushing the oral cleaning for my 16 year old cat – who has never been diagnosed with gingivitis or any oral diseases.  My current vet said he absolutely would not recommend putting my elderly cat under anesthesia when there was not a life threatening ailment.  He said it was not worth risking her life for a teeth cleaning she didn’t need.  Make sure there is a legitimate reason for the cleaning, and that the risk not to do it outweighs the risk of being put under.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Leila, I think your post actually fits really well into the discussion that spawned this one.  Check out the thread in the section above this one started by ALF about her cat's teeth, age, etc. that she references a couple of posts above yours.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Alf:

Just because dog-lady sides with your vet and doesnt support your decision to disregard the vet's diagnosis, that doesnt make her an "officious", agenda pushing nutjob

I read through this thread and through your "Cat and Dental Health" thread (Didnt want to. Gave me a headache. But I felt obligated), and I must say from the persepctive of an outsider looking in, dog-lady's messages seem pretty reasonable to me...nothing provocative...rather moderate actually. Maybe you think theyre a little off topic or even wrongheaded, but they arent extreme at all  

The reaction to her though seems a bit excessive. I gather that there is some ill will toward her among some of the regulars in here, but I have no idea why they dont like her. Dont wanna know either. I have enough problems worrying about myself

Good luck with your cat. I bet his teeth are in better shape than yours and mine

PS What is his name? Do you think he would consent to a sit down interview with me? I will be happy to take the shuttle down to DC to accomodate him if necessary...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You can't get a feel for ... never mind, I really don't care.

ETA:  Just so you know, if you go back to read "evidence" of bad behavior, you'll not get the orginal thread as it was - she goes back and deletes posts that cast her in a bad light.  So, you might as well not waste your time collecting revisionist history.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I dont know why she deletes her posts. I find that annoying actually. I wish she would stop. It disrupts the flow of threads

But she removes innocuous posts too, not just one that "cast her in a bad light"

So to me it is just quirky behavior

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Ache, there is more than 1 thread involved in this.

Also, there has been no diagnosis from my vet.  The vet said 'it MIGHT be X' based on a literally 2 second exam in my presence.  And then proceeded to try to hard sell me dental work that was 'routine' but would cost me [as I stated in another thread] over $1k.  For a simple cleaning. 

I also outlined in that thread the reasons why I didn't trust these vets. They hurt my cat during the exam.  The exam was a routine, annual physical to get shots.  Despite this, and despite the fact that my post had no question regarding whether I should have the dental work done or not, dog lady not only insisted that I get the dental work done - in several posts on that 1 thread- she started second thread and then hounded the Angell vet to start a thread on feline gingivitis. I am not a gambler and never play the odds in Vegas, but I would bet my house that it was not simply the luck of the draw that the Vet started a post about feline gingivitis.

Somehow the very real threat that anasethesia has on older cats, which I have thoroughly researched, eludes some people.  Anaesthesia is not recommended for older cats b/c they can DIE from it and do on a regular basis.  My cat is 10. He qualifies as an older cat. I'm sorry, but suggesting, no, insisting, that someone subject their pet to something that may kill them when there is no medically necessary reason for it, is just mean and insensitive. It has nothing to do w/ caring for hte pet. There is nothing wrong w/ the pet so why on earth would anyone subject them to that?  I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone who supposedly loves animals and wants to 'help' pets would honestly think that telling someone to subject their animal to unnecessary surgery where the pet has a very good chance (40% or more) of dying is heartless and  mean and has no business
    calling themselves an animal lover. 
    My original thread about my cat and his vet visit was 2 weeks ago. Doglady is still harping on this and trying to involve the Angell Vet.  I think that qualifies as officious. 

My cat's name is Charlie. He is quite vocal so he would probably be very happy to oblige you w/ an interview.  He loves to 'talk'.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: deleted:
    I dont know why she deletes her posts. I find that annoying actually. I wish she would stop. It disrupts the flow of threads But she removes innocuous posts too, not just one that "cast her in a bad light" So to me it is just quirky behavior
    Posted by AcheNot

Believe what you want, but the "innocuous" ones she deletes are usually deleted to, yes, post again to not only bump the thread up and have dog-lady on the main page as having posted something "new" but to remake her point.  Read RFBF's post on the subject (first post on page 2 of this thread).  

Actually, in the e-fence thread, I was giving her the benefit of the doubt for being someone other than Robin, and when she deleted and reposted a thread I let her have it.  She said it was an accident, and you can read my apology, but that's all there is left of the conversation - she deleted everything to do with it that was hers to delete.  And, she's done it a number of times since then. 

You don't know what you're talking about, and, frankly, you can't find out.  What you can do, if you want, is keep up with the discussions as they happen so you can know what is being said before she has a chance to delete key parts.

But, I guess I really do care because I'm breaking out in a rash and I'm posting despite my sincere promise not to.  So, again, I'll try to leave it at this:  She's a toxic presence here, and changing her name (which she initiated - why?) didn't change that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you were respectful you wouldn't have everyone wishing that dog-lady didn't resemble Robin so much as to have given your identity away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Alf:  If I could go back and change my response to your original post I would suggest that you ask your vet for clarification regarding your cat's condition and/or get another opinion. The only reason I thought a dental cleaning was indicated was you said that your vet said he probably had gingivitis,  I interpreted that to mean he did.  I apologize if that assumption caused you any distress,  and I hope your cat is well.  As far as Angell vet is concerned,  I did leave a message with BDC asking why they were MIA in general and why the Pet page hasn't been updated in several months, and I posted the response I recieved in the Ask a vet forum to share with everyone.  You've all made it quite clear you are not interested in my opinion, so I will hesitate to respond in the future.    
    Posted by dog-lady

I have stated more than once that the vet did not diagnosis gingitivitis and that I was bringing the cat to another vet for a second opinion.  In fact, I stated all this in my original post that sparked your interest.  I don't like that vet but it was the first one I found near us when we moved down here 2 years ago.  I've been there 2x with the cat.  Both times they pushed expensive treatment on him that he doesn't need.  No vet in New England ever had a problem w/ his teeth, pushed expensive treatment like that or had any problem handling my cat during visits.  But these winners did.  I also stated in that initial post that the only reason I went back to that vet and not to the one I had located near the house that we had just moved to was b/c my cat's shots were due in July, I needed a weekend appt, and it was the last week in July when I got the 'your pet's shots are due' notice.  And like a good pet owner, I wanted to keep his shots up to date so I made an appt.  

So, had you read the entire post you would have noticed all this information from the outset.  You also would have noticed that I did not ask about whether to have the dental treatment done b/c I had already decided not to, and I specifically reiterated this several times in the post.  Instead, you glommed on to the 'potential disease' aspect of my post so that you could post 'helpful' information about gingivitis and products that we can buy at stores you have an interest in.  Then you continued to post and be huffy, and basically tell me I don't love my pet and that I am putting him in danger by not having an unnecessary surgery done on him.  

My issue is that you completely ignored all pertinent information that I have given, ignored the actual question I asked, and pushed some kind of weird agenda and need to spread a PSA regarding cat gingivitis, going so far as to ask a vet to weigh in.  I'm sorry, but it's bizarre.  If you provide information pertinent to the questions asked, perhaps people will not get upset with you. Going off on tangents that have no real relation to the issue at hand or questions asked are going to generate a different response. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruthcatrin. Show ruthcatrin's posts

I reread my posts I answered your questions regarding what products would help [none]  and I recommended [none] IMO.  I never implied you didn't care about your cat,  obviously you care very much about your cat.  Any suggestions I made were based on your mentioning your vet said the cat probably had gingivitis. So if he doesn't have it I'm glad, just disregard my posts.          I wll not respond to your posts again,  I sincerely hope all goes well.    Peace          PS: I made a suggestion but deleted it, nothing important. I only mention it in case you saw it.    EDA:  The only reason I am responding to you at all is you sound genuinely upset and if I had anything to do with that I apologize again.  I do agree with you regarding anesthesia definitely being a risk to consider no matter what,  and as you said the cat is well and happy so I don't blame you for taking a wait and see approach or seeking another opinion. I hope you find a good vet.
    Posted by dog-lady

Yah, sorry, no dice.  To many of us read your posts before you deleted them.  You did exactly what Alf says you did.  Nice try playing the victim though...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Deleting as much as you can to manipulate whoever wasn't around to see the original conversations and posting, "Poor me, peace," has backed dog-lady into the same corner robin was backed into.

If you're thinking about starting over with a new name, I suggest acquiring new communication skills first to set you up for success.  There are plenty of books under $20 (if therapy is not feasible) on how to overcome passive-aggression and, thereby, avoid the destructiveness that it brings on.  Like this one: The Angry Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: deleted : Yah, sorry, no dice.  To many of us read your posts before you deleted them.  You did exactly what Alf says you did.  Nice try playing the victim though...
    Posted by ruthcatrin

Ruth, that is very unkind

I dont know what dog-lady said in those deleted messages, but I'm sure whatever it was, she said it with the best interest of the pet's well being in mind

That's just how she rolls. She loves animals and devotes practically all her free time to them. She is like the patron saint of the animal kingdom...

She has apologized twice now. Sincerely IMO. I think it is time to accept her apology, dont you?

PS If you wont, I will...

Sections
Shortcuts