Feliway vs Bach Rescue Remedy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendi. Show Wendi's posts

Feliway vs Bach Rescue Remedy

Hello,

My cat is in the hospital as we speak for a blocked urethra :-(

It was suggested to me to try Feliway or Back's Rescue Remedy to reduce stress.

The thing is we also have birds and I'm not sure if I can safely use the Feliway diffuser around them?  Or, am I just better off using Bach's and administering it to him orally?

Thanks for your help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: Feliway vs Bach Rescue Remedy

I have no idea what either of those are, but I'm sending good thoughts to kitty for a quick recovery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I would contact the Feliway company and ask about the bird issue.

Best wishes for your kitty!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Check out this kidney support remedy from Only Natural Pet.  We gave it to Gracie after disrupting her natural pH and causing crystals to form in her urine from a Lawn Protect "supplement."  Argh.  Anyway, the kidney support seems to have really helped her and gets good reviews from others, too.  I'm betting it would be especially helpful for your kitty during the recovery process.

Kidney Support, Only Natural Pet

Hope he comes home soon and is totally well in no time!  Keep us posted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news he's coming home!  I hope the supplements are safe with the heart meds and help him recover.  Poor little guy...good thing he has you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

best of luck to you and your kitty! love is the best medicine, and it sounds like you've got that in spades.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherforever. Show teacherforever's posts

I use Bach's for my cat a lot! I especially use it when he drives the 16 hours with me to my parents' house. It immediately calms him down. It's great. He's also afraid of wind/storms, so I give him some drops on treats for the nights he's scared. Again, it calms him immediately. I'm a huge fan of the stuff!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's so interesting, and with a pet you know the response isn't psychosomatic, too.