Non-aggressive biting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dare2be. Show dare2be's posts

Non-aggressive biting

My cat bites me when I've stopped petting her. She sniffs my arm or hand, sometimes licks it, and then sort of nibbles me. It's more like she's setting her teeth against my skin, not like she's snapping at me, chomping down hard or trying to cause pain. It's very different from the bite she gives when she doesn't like her belly rubbed -- there are no claws involved and it's a very gentle bite. Is she just trying to get my attention so I'll start petting her again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dare2be. Show dare2be's posts

Re: Non-aggressive biting

I don't think so. She has a dish of food in the kitchen; if she were hungry, she'd probably get up and go eat something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have 2 cats and I get licked and gently bitten too.  I call them love bites : )  It only occurs when I stop patting them. I think it is their way of saying, please keep petting me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

it's the same thing cats do when they groom each other. she's grooming you so that you'll pet her some more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dare2be. Show dare2be's posts

Oh, right, duh. That makes sense. It's been a long time since I've had two cats at the same time who were willing to groom each other, instead of trying to gnaw each other's heads off. Thanks!