1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

Re: any low cost vet care out there?

Along these same lines, does anyone know where I could get a low cost spay done for my dog. I recently adopted a stray who the vet estimates is about 12 years old. She was never spayed. I would like to get it done but the vet gave me an estimate of $350-500 depending on medication needed etc... Does anyone know where I could get this done less expensively? I live south of Boston but getting to Boston wouldn't be a problem. Thanks
    Posted by KEK

Call the Animal Alliance on Silver Street in South Boston.  They are a non-profit and it costs much less to have your animal spayed - they have a good reputation, I brought my pug there and other family members have used them as well.

They also provide other medical care, but the animal must be spayed for them to treat them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

any low cost vet care out there?

KEK - again I would recommend Angell. We had our dog spayed there - our vet wanted $500-600 to do and Angell did it for $150 plus they kept her overnight to monitor her.

Just be sure that your dog has been treated for kennel cough prior.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Animal Rescue League of Boston offers low-cost vet services. They also have a spay wagon and offer low cost vaccinations and spay/neuters in-house.

www.arlboston.org

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

I would try Angell Memorial in Boston - they are part of the MSPCA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skyeglad. Show skyeglad's posts

Re: low cost vet care

Yes their is the Merwin Memorial Free clinic
    542 Cambridge St
    Allston, Ma

617-782-5420

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KEK. Show KEK's posts

Sunshine - Thanks so much. I have been feeling guilty about not wanting to spend $500 for the spay but I've already spent $1000+ on dental work (she is now toothless!) and everything else. She is up to date on all her shots including kennel cough. The vet also reccommended she have a masectomy since she was never spayed she is likely to develope breast cancer. I didn't even know this was possible in a dog!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beaconian. Show beaconian's posts

Animal Rescue League of Boston offers low-cost vet services. They also have a spay wagon and offer low cost vaccinations and spay/neuters in-house. www.arlboston.org
    Posted by pinkkittie18

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario56. Show mario56's posts

Sources of low-cost veterinary meds and services

Neponset Pet Center and Animal Hospital in Dorchester has a price match policy, so when I find thyroid medication online at a discount (vetshoponline.com seems to be a good place for it), NPC will sell it at the online price. 617-288-2333

The STOP Clinic mobile service - for cats only - is terrific for spaying ($80), neutering ($70), initial rabies vaccination (free), distemper shot ($5) deworming ($10), FELV/FIV testing ($30), and ear mite ($5) and flea ($5) treatment: www.thestopclinic.com 617-571-7151.

The Alliance for Animals on Silver Street is another good resource, as I see people have already recommended. Angell's fees are very high, but they're good for high-tech or complicated care.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skyeglad. Show skyeglad's posts

In Response to any low cost vet care out there?:
    I'm hoping somebody out there might help me out! I have an older cat ( 10+ years ) who is on daily medication for hyperthyroidism. He is due for a vet visit and lab work, but it is SO expensive .... The labs can cost up to $ 250.00 and I just don't have it. Are there any low cost vet clinics in the Boston area where he can be seen and the labs done @ discount rate ? I'm having such a tough time just making ends meet right now, vet care is out of reach. Thanks
    Posted by moongrl

Yes Merwin Memorial Free Clinic, 542 Cambridge St, Allston, 617-782-5420

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Check out Tufts Veterinary School in Grafton.  They do a lot of work for free and there is always an experienced vet involved.  They even spay and neuter (not that you need that for a 10 year old cat) for free, but only in the Spring when the students are hitting that part of the curriculum.  Not sure how all the other care works, but it's worth a call to the main number.

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skyeglad. Show skyeglad's posts

I'm hoping somebody out there might help me out! I have an older cat ( 10+ years ) who is on daily medication for hyperthyroidism. He is due for a vet visit and lab work, but it is SO expensive .... The labs can cost up to $ 250.00 and I just don't have it. Are there any low cost vet clinics in the Boston area where he can be seen and the labs done @ discount rate ? I'm having such a tough time just making ends meet right now, vet care is out of reach. Thanks
    Posted by moongrl

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KEK. Show KEK's posts

Along these same lines, does anyone know where I could get a low cost spay done for my dog. I recently adopted a stray who the vet estimates is about 12 years old. She was never spayed. I would like to get it done but the vet gave me an estimate of $350-500 depending on medication needed etc... Does anyone know where I could get this done less expensively? I live south of Boston but getting to Boston wouldn't be a problem.
    Thanks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonnaSeltzer. Show DonnaSeltzer's posts

Posted by moongrl

Try Ashdod Clinic in Duxbury, MA...781-837-1323.  They have the lowest prices I have seen in this area and they are a full-service veterinary clinic.  I am sure they can beat that $250!  Go to their Petfinder.com page for more on their services....they are MA401 in zip code 02332

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluesandpiper. Show bluesandpiper's posts

Posted by moongrl

I highly recommend Angell Animal Medical Center, http://www.mspca.org They offer financial assistance to pet owners and payments plans. Sometimes the vet will charge a lesser fee for certain things. Dr. Brum is an aweseome vet who is known for occasionally tweaking the charges for clients Wink

You can also apply for financial aid at the organizations listed on this site: http://felinediabetes.com/vetbills.htm All are for pet owners in need, not just those with diabetic pets.

Sections
Shortcuts