1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bethanyrosevear. Show bethanyrosevear's posts

Birthday Suggestions??

My baby Bella is growing up!!!!  Ok, so she will only be a year old, (this is very traumatic for me) but I have never celebrated a birthday for a puppy.  Any suggestions for something special? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bethanyrosevear. Show bethanyrosevear's posts

Re: Birthday Suggestions??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I found a reasonably priced memory foam (chip) bed at Walmart last week, and Gracie adores it.  She sleeps so much better (we know because when she tossed and turned in her crate we woke up).  For a small dog, it's an even more affordable gift!

I can't find the one by searching online that I found and bought at the store in Gardner.  But, it is baffled, filled with memory foam chips, has a removable/washable faux sherpa cover, and Large was $39 (big enough for our 75 lb lab).

It was for her second birthday and pre-surgery on her knee (June 6).

Happy birthday, Bella!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Happy birthday, Bella!!

I think Kargiver's recommendation is great -- I think extra time and play; maybe have one of Bella's friends over, and a trip to your local dog park??

Extra love on the big day! 

Kar - I'll send good healing vibes for Gracie on June 6...

Maldenlady/Amethyst

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, M/A, so thoughtful.

I like the dog park idea, too.  Extra love is gonna be tough, though, I think she gets the max every day! ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bethanyrosevear. Show bethanyrosevear's posts

I would love to take her to a dog park, but I live in RI and I couldnt find any without going to the Boston area

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Regarding the dog parks, state parks,etc.  Wooded areas and tall grass are loaded with ticks,  especially this time of year.  Why not have a Birthday party at  home,  after all isn't it really for the adults?  The dog doesn't know what's going on!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DiCrane. Show DiCrane's posts

Home made doggie treats! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Someone posted (November, I think?) about doggie muffins that were a hit with a few pooches here...maybe you can find the thread in the archives, but good luck with that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LIZ6. Show LIZ6's posts

You can visit polkadog bakery online, they have a store in Boston, and order a birthday cake and other goodies for Bella's special day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Happy Birthday Bella!  Amber gets a doggie cupcake and lots of extra attention

Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Happy Birthday Bella! We had a 1st birthday for Stella, and she got extra toys, treats, a long run with me and all day at the park.

I don't know what part of RI you live in, but maybe this will help: http://www.doggoes.com/parks/rhode-island

Kar, best wishes for a speedy recovery for Gracie!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Kinga! :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

if you're near a JP Licks they make ice cream for dogs. Sweet, the cupcake place, makes cupcakes for dogs. Dogs are easy to please. Exercise, food and belly rubs typically make the best presents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Pink!  Missed you. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from spoogedog. Show spoogedog's posts

I'd like to suggest something but around here everyday is a birthday for our dogs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know, Gracie's so spoiled it's not even funny, and the fact is I hold back, lol! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpuppy. Show bigpuppy's posts

Happy Birthday Bella :)

I had a 2nd birthday party for Bosco during his playgroup held at his groomers. They baked him a birthday cake (doggy safe carrot!) and I brought the pupcakes from the recipe on this board back in the fall. A good time was definitely had by all.

I'm with Spoogedog - it's hard to give him extra treats since he's already the most spoiled dog in North America, but he did get a new Elk antler (his favorite!).

Kar - good luck with Gracie - I hope this is the one time when Bosco doesn't follow her lead ... I'll be sending good thoughts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

In Response to Re: Birthday Suggestions??:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday Bella :) I had a 2nd birthday party for Bosco during his playgroup held at his groomers. They baked him a birthday cake (doggy safe carrot!) and I brought the pupcakes from the recipe on this board back in the fall. A good time was definitely had by all. I'm with Spoogedog - it's hard to give him extra treats since he's already the most spoiled dog in North America, but he did get a new Elk antler (his favorite!). Kar - good luck with Gracie - I hope this is the one time when Bosco doesn't follow her lead ... I'll be sending good thoughts.
    Posted by bigpuppy[/QUOTE]
    Stella is still LOVING her Elk antler! She says Thank you every day :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, bigpuppy!  Thanks, and I hope Bosco doesn't follow her here, too.  Keep his weight down as much as possible and still be healthy - that was the advice of the orthopedic.

Doggie safe carrot cake?  Man, would Gracie love that!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy Birthday Bella!!  I did the pupcakes for Christmas, but it is SS's recipe.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aAmateur+PhotographyForum%3ac5c4dbce-b55a-4752-8280-bb415fdb7460Discussion%3aec836637-b361-41d1-bba8-9e3b4c4ae200

They were a huge hit with all the dogs!  For the smaller ones, I made them as minimuffins.

Pets has been a bit quiet... good to see some familiar faces!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

My dogs love that pupcakes recipe and I've made it a few times since.  I can't take credit for the recipe though since I found it online but can't remember where to give credit. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpuppy. Show bigpuppy's posts

Hi Kinga - glad Stella-bella's still enjoying it. Let me know when she needs another one.

Kar - I'll ask for the carrot cake recipe and post it here. Might be a nice special post-surgery treat for Gracie. I'm glad for the nicer weather - Bosco and I are back up to his 4-5 miles a day so no weight issues so far.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Birthday Suggestions??:
    [QUOTE]Hey, Pink!  Missed you. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Hi, Kar! I miss the boards, too. But, I'm crazy busy at work and I just don't have the time anymore. But I think it's for the best. I probably give better advice when I can keep it all at an arm's length. Being so close to the boards for so long, I lost perspective.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi Pink,

I am happy to see you.  How is Max?  I personally liked your advice but I know what you mean.  I find I take a break occasionally.  But please check in and say hello once in a while.