cranial cruciate ligament tear

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: cranial cruciate ligament tear

Oh, whoops, I was searching for a good photo while you posted that you see it, now.

That conjugal visit comment still has me laughing!  How happy HE'D be!  Her, not so much. Embarassed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Gracie certainly is a beautiful big dog.  Would love to give her a hug and kiss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!  I've been passing the hugs and kisses to her. :)

tt, I need my chocolate fix, too.  There are much better ways to cut calories than to eliminate chocolate!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh I don't know about that with Gracie Kar....  you know still waters run deep...  don't let all that sweetness fool you..  LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: cranial cruciate ligament tear:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, ladies!  I've been passing the hugs and kisses to her. :) tt, I need my chocolate fix, too.  There are much better ways to cut calories than to eliminate chocolate!!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I guess I agree with you - made brownies a couple of days ago because I couldn't stand it any more, and then froze them to keep from gorging myself on them - but just took one out of the freezer and risked breaking my teeth to eat a frozen one now!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

kar, that crate is lovely -- did your husband make it?  it certainly doesn't look like any crate i have every seen -- glad she is doing well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, pass a brownie over here, would you?  Mmmm, frozen brownie....

ag, LOL!  He tries to have his way with her, and she doesn't seem to return his advances, but maybe that's just because I'm watching!

lukes, thank you so much!  Yes, my DH built her crate.  He built much of our house, too, and kept the trim paint so her crate matches the wainscoting and trim perfectly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm going to copy and paste a copy of it and send it to my GD in Newton that has Daisy.  Daisy has outgrown her crate and before they buy a bigger one, this might give GD's husband an idea or two.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cool, tt.  They definitely won't find one like this online - I scoured the web, and finally he built this one because I came up empty handed.  They make wooden ones but not in the size she needs and definitely not big enough for Daisy, either. 

I have more of photos of it in progress.  Let me know if they'd like to see more.  Also, he built it to the standard Midwest wire crate dimensions (as measured from the inside) that Daisy would need (standard XXL crates are big enough for her breed and are 54"L x 35"W x 45"H) so that all the standard crate accessories (most notably the waterproof, easy to keep clean, accident containing, crate pan fits perfectly.  If they make up their own dimensions they'll have a devil of a time trying to find a crate pan or anything else to fit just right.

Here's a website that has the crate accessories for that size: XXL Midwest Dog Crate

ETA:  Gracie's is built to the smaller XL dimensions, and it is VERY heavy (it was hard for me to help DH move it).  It also BARELY fit through the house doors.  So, given the XXL is quite a bit larger, they'd have to build theirs where it's going to be permanently.  Not sure how that would go unless they plan to have her crate in the garage or basement.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've sent your post on to them also.  Have no idea if he would even have capability or interest of building one, just sent it FYI.  thanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Let me know if they are interested, and I'll start a thread for the pictures I have of the building process.  He doesn't have "plans," per se, but they could derive a lot of details from the photos.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

thanks.  Don't bother unless you hear from me.  I haven't heard anything back from my email to them yet.  I'm not even aware if he uses tools -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Gorgeous Gracie! So happy you're healing well. I know that pretty soon you will be kalooping! X.O., purr. Stitches

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Meow, meow, Stitches.  Love, Gracie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruthcatrin. Show ruthcatrin's posts

I gotta add my voice to the group saying that crate is lovely!  To bad my pup would need the equivelant of the XXL (or larger?!) by the time he's done growing!

CHeck with your vet first, but if she starts acting like the incision is itchy the vitamin E oil I mentioned in another thread works wonders on surgery incisions and scars on humans (I've personally used it and so has my mom), though in those quantities it can get a bit messy, I basically just "painted" it onto the incisions, till they were healed enough to rub gently, then carefully massaged it in.

Glad to hear she's doing ok!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Update on Gracie today Kar?  Is she still uncomfortable? 

Pictures would add a nice touch....  Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ruth, thanks for the vitamin e oil tip.  Right now, she seems OK, but as they heal they might become more annoying, and I'll ask the doc about the oil for sure.   Thanks for the compliments on the crate - I'll pass them along to DH.  Can you see how much he loves his girl?

Her incision is less red and the swelling has gone down.  She seems to be walking the same, though - favoring but using the leg (except for a few steps/hops when she gets up from a long rest).  Yesterday, she spent quite awhile outside on her 20' lead in the shade, and she seemed happy with that.  I removed the Fentenyl (sp?) pain patch as per instructions yesterday so now she, unfortunately, has more energy.  She's being VERY good, though.  

We all had a rough night due to the e collar banging the sides of her crate.  I'm going right now to get her a soft comfy cone from Petco.  Should do the trick in a softer, quieter way.  The in-laws will be sleeping overnight Saturday, and I'm sure they don't want to be up all night listening to her plastic lampshade!

Thanks for asking about her.  I'm feeling a little hoggish of the Pet boards so didn't jump to post right away.  Cooper is seeing the doc today about his liver enzymes, and I don't want to overshadow him with Gracie's knee. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I put peanut butter on her bad leg, and she couldn't reach it so the cone is gone.  And, I think her hair growth is visible, too!  She's coming along fast. :)  I hope this helps anyone who has to go through this in Pets in the future...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, what a picture!  She looks like she is ready to go swimming! Much better than the cone though, good job!  She doesn't look thrilled, but def looks more like herself.  Lots of hugs to her!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll save the hugs for after her nap, thanks!  She's literally snoring in her crate right now with the collar on, so I'm very happy with it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Poor Gracie.  She's looks totally embarrassed, as if, if she doesn't look at the camera, noone will know it's her!

Can see where this would be much more comfortable and easier for her to move around in than the original collar.  What a good Mom she has to think of this and get one for her.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

HA!  Yeah, I think she's totally embarrassed and wishes I'd put the camera away.  Embarassed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: cranial cruciate ligament tear:
    [QUOTE]I put peanut butter on her bad leg, and she couldn't reach it so the cone is gone.  And, I think her hair growth is visible, too!  She's coming along fast. :)  I hope this helps anyone who has to go through this in Pets in the future...
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]
    Hi Kar!
    That pic is priceless!!   Gracie does look like she's averting her eyes, as though it will help her be invisible.  Smart cookie. 
    You know I care, and I'm glad all's going well. 
    yoga 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, Yoga! Thanks for checking in, but, off course, I know you've been thinking of her.

She's up from her nap, had her dinner, and is out on her blankie outside soaking in the day.  I'm keeping an eye out for her boyfriend sneaking over from next door and trying to play.  I don't think she's up for it, though, anyway, and would probably send him packing without my intervening, but I like to make sure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I actually feel bad for her boyfriend.  He doesn't know what is going on and I'm sure he misses her.  Tongue out